Old 06-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #1

Dealer emailed me sales agreement

My DW and I are purchasing a 2017 Cherokee 274DBH From a dealership in S. Vermont. We are from Massachusetts. I've read that we should never sign anything until we walk through the unit and are satisfied. Last night the dealership emailed me a sales addendum agreement, privacy notice, payment option form, and a wire transfer disclosure for us to digitally sign. I read the agreement and it says that full payment must be received and processed before the trailer leaves the dealership. Now I'm all confused.

2012 Infinity QX56
2017 Forest River Cherokee 274DBH
Halifax, Massachusetts

Old 06-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #2

Stick to your plan or pass, get your cash or loan check together don't sign any agreement until have done the walk thru and are satisfied. Sounds like they are trying to lock you in to having to buy I would not go for that. If it takes them longer then an hour to process a check or cash they have a problem.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm kinda confused here. Are you buying and picking up the RV at their dealership..... or are having it delivered to you?

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #4

What they are asking you to do is pay in full in advance - which is different than the statement that the trailer has to be paid in full before it leaves the lot. Obviously, no dealer is going to let you drive away without paying. But, the preferred method (IMO) is you give them a deposit and maybe proof of funds or financing, then they prep the trailer and you go do your walk through. When your satisfied you go in the office and finish the deal. If you give them full payment in advance, you loose your leverage should there be any issues or problems found at the walk through.

Now, what they are asking is common for dealers to do, but that scenario is beneficial only to the dealer.

That being said, we bought our last trailer in a similar way. We bought it in February with 2 feet of snow on the ground. Dealer offered to store it for free until spring, but we had to complete the transaction and take ownership before the walk through. Everything worked out fine (and we bought from a very good dealer) but it was a transaction that had some risk involved.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #5

When we bought our new TT we too did all the preliminary paperwork via email with our Dealer. Our dealer made it a smooth process. The paperwork was ready and waiting for us when got at the Dealership.
The only thing was asked of us was to submit a small Down Payment ( $100 )to show our sincerity in purchasing the TT in question, and to assure they would hold it, as we were traveling about 5 hours. We had no problem with this, and after a week long contact with the dealer via phone and emails, we knew it was the one we were purchasing, and was also dependent on the PDI and inspection.

No other monies were transferred until after the PDI was done and we were satisfied.

Sounds as though the Dealer is trying to lock you into the sale without even seeing the TT. They may ask for a DP, which is not unreasonable, but otherwise I would not pre-sign anything.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #6

Oh hell no.
Send them a reasonable (refundable) deposit. Do not buy / pay in full until you are on site, walked thru it (even if it takes hours to do so), have the systems operational. Then sign the papers. It's theirs until YOU decide to buy it. If not, then find another dealer, quickly...walk away from this type of business.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:08 AM   #7

After rereading the OP post I now have the same question as WMTIRE purchase there or delivered. If its delivered they are correct in asking for full payment.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I'm kinda confused here. Are you buying and picking up the RV at their dealership..... or are having it delivered to you?

Buying and picking up.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts
Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
After rereading the OP post I now have the same question as WMTIRE purchase there or delivered. If its delivered they are correct in asking for full payment.

The dealership refers to us going up there and taking ownership as "taking delivery". Not delivering the TT to my house.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts
Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
When we bought our new TT we too did all the preliminary paperwork via email with our Dealer. Our dealer made it a smooth process. The paperwork was ready and waiting for us when got at the Dealership.
The only thing was asked of us was to submit a small Down Payment ( $100 )to show our sincerity in purchasing the TT in question, and to assure they would hold it, as we were traveling about 5 hours. We had no problem with this, and after a week long contact with the dealer via phone and emails, we knew it was the one we were purchasing, and was also dependent on the PDI and inspection.

No other monies were transferred until after the PDI was done and we were satisfied.

Sounds as though the Dealer is trying to lock you into the sale without even seeing the TT. They may ask for a DP, which is not unreasonable, but otherwise I would not pre-sign anything.

We did put down a $500 deposit.

2012 Infinity QX56
Halifax, Massachusetts

Tags
dealer, led