Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #11

We were offered an extended warranty for life as long as we have our trailer inspected / serviced annually by the dealer (any dealer actually). The requirement is for the inspection to include water heater flush, wheel bearing repack, and the brakes adjusted. Our dealer would want @ $250 for this service, so it essentially comes out to $250 per year with no requirement to continue past the first year. The warranty appears to cover everything but the slide and the electric tongue jack. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this beyond it does give the dealer some annual income from service?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #12

When I purchased my Windjammer, the dealer had just starting offering what they call "Warranty Forever " as long as the required maintenance is completed by any RV dealer, most things are covered. I never got the price on what this service will cost. I guess I will find out next December. Being new to camping I was a easy target. I think I am covered for a while on just about everything, I am sure I got a good price on the TT but they made the up difference on the warranty.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #13

Another option is to get the second year from Forest River for $150 or $200, and then when that is almost timed out get the extended warranty/service contract. I looked into doing just that and ending up not getting one.
There are also some extended warranties/service contracts the offer up to 50% of the cost to the seller. Good Luck
Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #14
Site Team

We went with the dealer 5 year warranty, but only because they threw it in at no charge. Yes, I double checked the numbers and made sure it was still no charge and not just built into the financing somewhere.

Since I had the dealer one, I never bothered getting FR's 2nd year one.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #15

Wow...just joined forum but already realizing the valuable info on here!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
I did everything wrong, I did not do enough research on my Windjammer before my purchase. I purchased the unit mid December and along with it I also purchased the extended warranty for an additional 5 years of coverage. ....A little late now it would have been cheaper by a lot to purchase it from Forrest River.
It may not be too late. Read your contract, there usually is an opt-out clause for a specified time frame. That's what happened to us. I got buyers remorse on the 5 yr warranty and was able to get a full refund that went to the finance company against the balance.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theayers128 View Post
Wow...just joined forum but already realizing the valuable info on here!

Welcome to the forums!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #18
B@M VOLS

What about Good Sams extended service plan? Been looking at it. 2 yr plan. Any info? I didn't know about FR.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #19

I'm glad I ran across this forum - we just bought our Micro Lite last week, and were offered the 5 year warranty for $1500. We said we'd think about it for a few days and get back with them, and then I found the info on the second year from FR for $150. I'm amazed by the difference in the cost, and couldn't figure out why the one was so much more (as usual, thinking more expensive might be better!). So it sounds like the consensus is just buy the 2nd year from FR, right? Any opposing views on that?
Old 04-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #20

Wait till the factory warranty is about up and get a Good Sam Extended Service Plan. Much better than the ones the dealer try's to sell you. Check it out at the Good Sam website.

Tags
dealer, warranty