Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #21
B@M VOLS

probably would have gone with FR for 150 had I known! Really POed didn't know. Had I been on this site I would have known. Complained to dealer and FR but already had camper first yr. Thinking about waiting since most things have 2 yr,
blingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #22

We Declined the extended from the dealer but I did send $150 to FR for there 2nd year of coverage. If you are handy with tools most nuisance issues can be taken care of without the inconvenience of dealing with the dealers service department.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
Steve & Phyllis

Who do I contact to get 2nd year warranty on my Blue Ridge?
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #24

Forest River Blue Ridge warranty department.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
Who do I contact to get 2nd year warranty on my Blue Ridge?
Do a search for warranty forms on this site, the address and cost are with the form. Took about three weeks before I received the signed form from FR. Would be nice not to need or use it but wouldn't it be nice to have if you noticed something in the 13th month or later.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #26
B@M VOLS

that's what happened to me. Didn't know anything about FR warranty. Too late. Still have another yr. on most things. Local dealer great to wk with. May not do anything. 2 yr from Sams may be ok. Not bad at approx. $280 yr. Xtra ride is approx. $850 for 4 yr beginning when bought. Why? Actually now would be 3 yr.
blingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingo View Post
that's what happened to me. Didn't know anything about FR warranty. Too late. Still have another yr. on most things. Local dealer great to wk with. May not do anything. 2 yr from Sams may be ok. Not bad at approx. $280 yr. Xtra ride is approx. $850 for 4 yr beginning when bought. Why? Actually now would be 3 yr.
The reason is that they call it double ins. I bought a 7 year policy and the 2nd year from FR. Now my unit is 2 years old, so FR is out and the 3rd party takes over. I have a 100.00 deductible, but if I take it to the dealer it's only 50.00 bucks. I'm sure that my A/C or Refer or slides will go out in the next 5 yrs. To me it money well spent, to others it's not. I did it for piece of mind what little I have left..... but I lost 2 years on the 7 year policy.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campster View Post
I called a couple of weeks ago and got my second year warranty over the phone for our Wildcat trailer. I was referred to Rhonda at 574-534-3167. i am not sure if she handles all the different brands of the Forest River line but I am sure if she doesn't she can steer you in the right direction. Good Luck..
This quote is from an old thread that I can't reply to, but wanted to thank Campster for this info. Rhonda was spot on and currently helping me with the warranty with my Salem trailer purchase out here in California. I gave her last 8 of the VIN and she verified that my trailer was registered with Forest River in my name.

FYI, it's my understanding that the 2nd year warranty only covers workmanship on the trailer, things like cabinets, walls, flooring, etc. All the appliances etc are covered through the respective manufacturers and NOT Forest River.

I already had the floor replaced just a few days after purchase due to debris underneath the linoleum that I didn't notice during PDI - only noticed with bare feet. I coordinated directly with the factory in Rialto, CA and they got the floor replaced, along with some other minor issues, and ready to pick up in about 48 hours. I didn't even have an appointment but did drop off and pick up myself at the factory. So far, I've experienced great warranty support!
bossturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossturbo View Post
This quote is from an old thread that I can't reply to, but wanted to thank Campster for this info. Rhonda was spot on and currently helping me with the warranty with my Salem trailer purchase out here in California. I gave her last 8 of the VIN and she verified that my trailer was registered with Forest River in my name.

FYI, it's my understanding that the 2nd year warranty only covers workmanship on the trailer, things like cabinets, walls, flooring, etc. All the appliances etc are covered through the respective manufacturers and NOT Forest River.

I already had the floor replaced just a few days after purchase due to debris underneath the linoleum that I didn't notice during PDI - only noticed with bare feet. I coordinated directly with the factory in Rialto, CA and they got the floor replaced, along with some other minor issues, and ready to pick up in about 48 hours. I didn't even have an appointment but did drop off and pick up myself at the factory. So far, I've experienced great warranty support!
It is really the same as the first year appl. are all covered by the manufacturer the first year to. The 2nd year is really the same as the first, your labor is covered but Fr go's back to who supplied what they put in, they do the same in the first year. It is still bumper to bumper the second year.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #30

I purchased the 2nd year too. $150 wasn't much to shell out for piece of mind. I wont drive the 3hrs back to the dealer for something small and easy to fix, but if something big goes...then I will.

I also went w/awning insurance through my insurance company...something I never would have done before but for $14/yr...I'd rather them replace a 21ft power awning then dip into my pocket if something happens to it.

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #31
Steve & Phyllis

Our Blue Ridge was $250 for the extra year but well worth it to us. This is our third camper and we know what can happen from the stories we hear around the campgrounds. We just look at it as 41 cents a day or on this one 68 cents a day. Not even a cup of coffee in today's prices. I miss the days of putting a dime in the slot and getting a good cup of coffee. Of course we camped in a small tent back then and one person had to lay on their side so there was enough room. Yep I miss those days but I think I will keep my camper and king bed!
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty