Old 03-01-2016, 12:39 AM   #11

I didn't concern myself with a specific percentage. I pitted dealers against each other and used a "wholesaler" as a stick. I'm happy with my price and don't consider what the MSRP or their cost was- don't know, don't care.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:01 AM   #12

I'm sure that the overall percentage saved varies on type of RV you are negotiating on. I am sure you can save a bigger percentage on a $100,000 + motor home over a $24,000 entry level TT. I believe I got mine at a good price and ranged about 30% savings off advertised sales prices that local dealers were willing to sell it to me for. MSRP was not figured in the equation.

My dealer I used had a fair price that by the looks of it gave him a little profit for him to live on and me a great price for my TT.

That's why I like dealing with small dealer that the owner is the only sales person. None of this I need to talk with manager crap.

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #13

Great link but there must be a dealer Holdback or something that's not being shown.

We just picked up our 2016 Prism 2250LE on Saturday after much research and negotiating.

In short, at 73k it looks like we paid right at invoice or slightly under.

I know we shopped around and negotiated the best price we could, but still, they can't be giving them away.

At least I can be sure that thanks to the help and advice on this forum that we didn't overpay and we had an extremely thorough (4 hrs) PDI.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I didn't concern myself with a specific percentage. I pitted dealers against each other and used a "wholesaler" as a stick. I'm happy with my price and don't consider what the MSRP or their cost was- don't know, don't care.
Yup. What he said!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
If you search the web you can find invoice price sheets, not always the model you are looking for though. When I was shopping I found this site to use as a reference:

Recreational Vehicles | See Dealer Cost
Thanks for the link!

On our 16 Grey Wolf, we paid $18,650 plus got a spare tire thrown in for nothing....MSRP was $24,275 and Invoice was $16,750.....Not too shabby!

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:37 AM   #16

Quote:
If you search the web you can find invoice price sheets, not always the model you are looking for though. When I was shopping I found this site to use as a reference:

Used a site like this for our sale. I also called FR and spoke to a nice lady. End of the day after a little back and forth with the dealer they agreed to order me a new unit for 2K above invoice. I was completely fine with it, they are a business and need to make money also. They were happy and so was I, so that is what matter, like was said above.

2016 Days Camped - 31
2017 Camping Blues - ...
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron in TX View Post
Great link but there must be a dealer Holdback or something that's not being shown.

We just picked up our 2016 Prism 2250LE on Saturday after much research and negotiating.

In short, at 73k it looks like we paid right at invoice or slightly under.

I know we shopped around and negotiated the best price we could, but still, they can't be giving them away.

At least I can be sure that thanks to the help and advice on this forum that we didn't overpay and we had an extremely thorough (4 hrs) PDI.
Did you finance through the dealer? If so, they likely made $4-$6K plus on the finance agreement.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #18

I paid 67% of MSRP and I used the seedealercost prior to negotiating. The dealer when pricing out the options was quoting me their invoice pricing and it matched dollar for dollar of that website so I know the site is legit. They gave me invoice and then knocked off almost another $1,000 when I said I had another dealer closer who was doing invoice (didn't have to pay delivery charges).

So yes, definitely a kickback and just like the auto industry, if you finance through them, they get a cut of the % as well so they make it there as well.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #19

Quote:

Thanks for the link. I feel even better about the price I paid.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #20

Quote:

Not sure how this worked out but came out $500 less than invoice. I felt it was a fair price at the time, especially on an ordered unit and not a "in-stock" unit.

flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer