Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #41

Great info, just bought our new XLR last week and after plugging in all the options we paid under invoice with shipping so that makes me even happier than I was. We did finance with the local dealer so they are still doing just fine.

We as others we're very close to using RVW and had everything finalized but after a trip to my local dealer he beat the deal from them significantly.

One thing I was concerned with was service, it says right in the FR brochure dealers are privately owned so you may be SOL. We had an issue with our electric bed and the dealer had me bring it back 2 days later and fixed it very quickly. Not sure that would have happened with an out of state purchase.
Cmill29HFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #42

After looking our Forest River 5th wheel up on seedealercost, I almost believe the salesman when he said they lost approximately $600 on the deal.

I'm sure the dealer made it up and more from manufacturer incentives. If they took a loss on their entire inventory, to buy high and sell low, they wouldn't have been in business for more than 20 years.
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #43

Dealer Pricing

Invoice is just that, invoice... Dealer gets lots of programs to help by down that price... Varying floor plan terms, order writing campaigns, tiered performance discount structures, monthly/quarterly sell-in campaigns, inventory commitment, dealer ranking, how many competing lines they carry, etc, etc. The better/stronger the dealer is for a line the more discounts they can earn. All you need to know is you should be paying invoice or a bit less and you're good to go. You'll have a fair deal - everyone has to eat and keep a job at place that can pay a decent wage and keep the lights on.
BigPoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer