Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #41

...by the way. forrest river must! pay the dealer fairly for warranty work. no pay, no service!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #42

my dealer is local only about 10 miles away really cant say i got the very best price
BUT i paid what i was satisfied as a fair price,kept the sales tax local (in tn 2.5% percent goes to the local govt,s ' i have need a few warranty tweeks ha ve been wll sreviced and the even found a small leak in the sink trap that bruised the finish on a moulding they fixed the leak and ordered a new moulding. i negotiate pricing on mods and non warranty work
and am very pleased with the dealer .this is our second new mh in 18 months and wifey is allready talking about upgrading in a year or so
spend your money know when you die it goes to the govt or your kids
can you really trust either one to spend it well
brianj

take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 PM   #43

Tried to buy locally but saved about $6000 by ordering one from a dealer at the RV show in Kansas City. Will be going to pick it up in March and hopefully everything goes as planned.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #44

My last 3 TTs

Our last 3 TTs . all 3 were purchased locally. All 3 have had some sort of issues,some minor some major. The area I live in has only 6 dealers. We kinda small here. And the service is terrible. Although I purchased locally I was told by 2 different manufactures to drive 100 miles . Where they had larger better rated dealers. So Guess what my next unit will be one of the super discounters online.
That been said the best service I 've ever had . Was while traveling. Its seems if they don t know you at all . Have no chance of seening you again . They go out of there way to help.
Moral RV dealer are like politicans, They will promise anything before the Election/Sale. But after all you hear is. Your call is important to us, Please remain on the line. Your call will be answered in the order it was recived. Just my 2 cent
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #45
Flagstaff 625D Popup

In my opinion Forest River needs to change this policy.
Any dealer that sells Forest River should HAVE to perform warrenty service.

RVs are meant to be toe'd around the country. If warrenty work needs done, it SHOULD be as close as the nearest Forest River dealer. Not all the way back home.

This is one case where F.R. has it wrong.

Bean
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #46
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
In my opinion Forest River needs to change this policy.
Any dealer that sells Forest River should HAVE to perform warrenty service.

RVs are meant to be toe'd around the country. If warrenty work needs done, it SHOULD be as close as the nearest Forest River dealer. Not all the way back home.

This is one case where F.R. has it wrong. Bean
this is NOT just FR's policy but a policy that occurs, no matter what the brand or manufacturer is.
i've heard the same thing from Jayco dealers, Fleetwood dealers, KZ dealers, Thor dealers and so on.

this isn't the auto industry, it's the RV industry which allows dealers to do what they want, with little input from the manufacturers.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #47

To clarify one thing a previous reply made, I purchased a car, boat and RV now all out of state. Each and every time I paid NC taxes on the purchase and not the sales taxes of the state in which the purchases were made. One could argue buying out of state hurts the other local economy...but I don't care much whether my dollars go to support some other government as much as supporting a real business.

I don't mind supporting local business...heck I am one. This ain't 1972 and the buyers have the world wide web to shop. While unfortunate, we all have learned best what to do with our dollars. The local guys could actually be competitive regionally or nationally if they want more business instead of hanging fear on warrranty service issues.

It seems brand loyalty means little in this biz otherwise manufacturers would have a stronger dealer relationship and work towards supporting their brand by not diluting so much. It seems there is little incentive to do warranty work when the dealer down the road sells the same RV. Heck I tried to bring in Life is Good to my store and couldn't because the local hiking store 4 miles away carried it.

The RV biz seems stuck in a world based on a 1972 business paradigm. Maybe one day they will get it....
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #48

We purchased our first TT last year from our local dealer and loved it! This year we decided to upgrade to a Fifth wheel. We went back to the dealer we purchased the TT from to see what kind of deal we could work out, and in the mean time I checked out some prices online to see what "the go'n rates" were. Long story short I ended up driving an extra 50 miles and saving almost $6K on the final deal with trade, tax, title, everything. I did tell the dealer what I was planning and if they could even come close it was worth it to me to stay local. His (the owner's) last words to me were "have fun getting it repaired". Needless to say won't be shopping there anymore. Also our neighbors are purchasing a fifth wheel this month and they know the story and are working with the sales person I worked with on their new one. Can you say 2 lost sales?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #49

Send a message via Skype™ to toshu
Ok....lots odf stories, but who has actually bought from RVW and used their "repair network" for warranty work??? and how satisfied are you with the after sales support????
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #50

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
I have used RVW repair network...........They do what they say !! Very happy. they (RVW) even have a dept that all they handle is warreny service. They supply you with a service/claim # and answer any questions or contact the repair dealer for you if you have any concerns !! RVW -- stand behind what they sell !! Happy customer from NY