Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2018, 07:58 AM   #21

Its not bad go camping and enjoy.

Freight is freight the dealer has to pay it and always will pass it on to the buyer.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:02 AM   #22

Enjoy your camper. When I buy anything I figure I paid too much but then I get over it. LOL
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #23

Cooking popcorn!
Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #24

Yep it truly is time to stop shopping and time to enjoy camping. Hit the road!
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #25

Glad I live in Indiana, freight charges were practically nothing.....

As a rule of thumb, I figure 30% off MSRP is a good start.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #26

I may be a cynic but the original post of this thread sounds like a sales pitch to me.
It was the OP's 1st post and since the question was asked there have been no further comments.
My guess is that if the question was asked where they found this great deal on a 2019 tt, a response with dealer info would have been served on a silver platter.
Just my opinion,
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom39 View Post
I may be a cynic but the original post of this thread sounds like a sales pitch to me.
It was the OP's 1st post and since the question was asked there have been no further comments.
My guess is that if the question was asked where they found this great deal on a 2019 tt, a response with dealer info would have been served on a silver platter.
Just my opinion,
LOL no I’m not a dealer, just lurking and reading responses with great interest. I didn’t think it was fair to the dealer to say who he was or where he’s located because he’s the only forest river dealer in town. I’m a first time RV buyer. I’ve done a lot of research but it’s hard to figure out what people actually paid out the door. I don’t want to get ripped off.
marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Glad I live in Indiana, freight charges were practically nothing.....

As a rule of thumb, I figure 30% off MSRP is a good start.
And when your RV breaks,,, you can take it to the factory !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 AM   #29
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

You know the old saying... Prices May Vary. Well, for sure, depending on location and your dealership, your price definitely may vary. I always negotiate Out The Door prices which frees me from getting wound around the axle ( ) about how much they say I am paying for the camper, how much they charge in fees or how much they say they are giving me in trade. Like another poster said, those numbers are a total fantasy - just a tool that the dealerships use. Stick with Out The Door quotes only and then you are comparing apples to apples when you negotiate with competing dealers. (always negotiate with at least 2 dealers simultaneously before buying).

I can appreciate the continuing to shop after you buy. I do that, too, but I rationalize that, LOL, because I negotiate contracts for a living. If it turns out after the fact that I found something I could have done better, then I learn that lesson and next time...I do better.

The value of most anything is equal to how much someone is willing to pay for it. You did your homework and, presumably, stayed within your budget. You have the TT you want. Sounds all good to me!! Time to relax, enjoy and Have Fun!!
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
You will get many post on this subject. I have found that someone will always say they can get a better deal. What really matters is do you like what you got at a price you are happy with. That's all that really matters, enjoy your camper and don't sweat the small stuff. Happy camping.

Indymule, that is the best reply to this kinda of question,
terrysheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:19 PM   #31

MSRP may be a fantasy number but when that price is in the charts for your excise tax you'll see where the problem with overvaluing lies. We paid $22K and pay excise on $38K. No discussion is allowed at the tax office.
gptraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #32

1. Yes, you paid too much! Boy, they saw you coming!

2. No, you didn't pay too much! I'll bet that salesman is starving! Great deal!

Somewhere between 1 and 2 lies the truth. If you're happy, that's all that matters. The longer you keep it and the more you use it, the cheaper it will become. Have a great time with your pride and joy!
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:43 PM   #33

Its a War!

Tell the dealer you have to have a thousand taken off or your not going to close. See what they say... Campers are like cars, never get hooked on just one, there will always be another.

Here is a link to a camper much like the one you are interested in and it is like brand new. Is it holding it's price?

http://memphis.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...624466941.html
Cyclicpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
Hello all, been lurking this forum for a while now and would appreciate some good advice. Just put down a fully refundable deposit on a 2019 Viking TT 16FB. I paid $12928.51 + taxes title and reg = $14300 out the door. Dealer sheet says MSRP is $15887+$1926 Freight = $17,813.
Now I have a case of buyer's remorse. Did I pay too much?
Mine had a MSRP of $15,515 dealer charges no freight or dealer prep charges.Thats there advertising no extra freight or prep.I paid $12,300 plus 6.25% sales tax and licence and title.Total was around $13,300 do not have exact number in front of me.Plus I got them to install a Camco vent cap with the deal.

The important thing is that you get good warranty service after the sale.Mine had several minor things that had to be taken care of and they did take care of them in a timely manor.Service after the sale is more important then saving a few dollars from one dealer to the next.
Donbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
Hello all, been lurking this forum for a while now and would appreciate some good advice. Just put down a fully refundable deposit on a 2019 Viking TT 16FB. I paid $12928.51 + taxes title and reg = $14300 out the door. Dealer sheet says MSRP is $15887+$1926 Freight = $17,813.
Now I have a case of buyer's remorse. Did I pay too much?
You paid $3500 under their suggested price. So what's the problem?
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:50 AM   #36

IMHO negotiating is an art. Do your research and go in with a top limit in mind. Try to have them throw in some extras like vent cover, screens for HWH/furnace, etc. If the numbers work - great, don't look back. If you don't feel comfortable with the numbers get up and head for the door. Hopefully they won't let you walk out and give you what you want as long as it's reasonable.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #37

I remember when I bought a Nissan Xterra back in 2001. I researched and came up with a price I would pay that would be stealing it. I wrote it on a piece of paper and put it in my pocket. I told the wife and kids that we were going to walk out if they didn't meet our price. I told the salesman that I wasn't going to go back and forth for hours and to give me his BEST price. He came back $200 off the sticker. I told him he wasn't even close. He asked what I was willing to pay and explained to him that that was the price I would buy it from him for today and that I had other options - keep what I have or go somewhere else. That was the only price he would sell it to me for today. He came back and said you got one heck of a deal and I really did. You have to be willing to walk away. You can always go back and pay more.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDella View Post
You paid $3500 under their suggested price. So what's the problem?
There isn't one and apparently you and I are the only ones that see that this is a troll post.
The original poster has only posted 2x on this forum. The 1st post was the advertisement for the deal that supposedly existed and the second was an attempt to try and dismiss my prior comment.
If this truly was a legitimate question or request for help there would have been more follow up posts by the original poster.
At a minimum, there should have been some posts with thanks to those who have replied, thanking them for their help and advice.
tom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #39

WOW! I never even considered that. What a crappy thing to do. Thanks for insight.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:35 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
WOW! I never even considered that. What a crappy thing to do. Thanks for insight.
What? I feel so bad now for not jumping in and responding more often. I didn't know that would make me look like a troll. Yes I'm new here and never posted before. But the reason I never posted before is because I've never owned an RV and so I never had any reason to post anything ever. Is that why you call me a troll? From what I've read here people say they pay 30% off MSRP. I didn't get anywhere near that and I wanted to find out everyone's opinion on my price. Is that what makes me a troll? I guess i don't understand why you think I'm a troll. Trolling for what? I don't get it, maybe posting my numbers was in bad taste?

I feel very sad that I offended anyone.

I do want to thank everyone for their thoughtful responses. I've been reading with great interest. I didn't know I should reply to everyone. I apologize for that. I'm new here. Thank you everyone for helping me with my analysis paralysis. I'm still very apprehensive about it but i should be picking up my trailer next week.