Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2018, 06:35 AM   #41

No worries Marshmallow. So many people try to be helpful and take time out to research and respond, however every once in a while some sneaks in with ill intentions. Don't let it stop you from posting in the future. Congratulations on your purchase. Deal is done, so it's irrelevant if you could have gotten it cheaper or not. Enjoy it. Good luck.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #42

So many people out there that want to be mean. That is what is wrong with the whole world. I have been there seen that and we as people just want to find the bad not the good.
So on that note have a good day!!!
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #43
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
Now I have a case of buyer's remorse. Did I pay too much?
Only you can answer that question. Just don't compartment the TT as an "investment". These things depreciate too fast to be a worthwhile investment. Plain and simple, they are luxury items. They can provide the owner with many years of recreational bliss, but they are labor intensive to keep them in a like new condition.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #44

Quote:
What? I feel so bad now for not jumping in and responding more often. I didn't know that would make me look like a troll. Yes I'm new here and never posted before. But the reason I never posted before is because I've never owned an RV and so I never had any reason to post anything ever. Is that why you call me a troll? From what I've read here people say they pay 30% off MSRP. I didn't get anywhere near that and I wanted to find out everyone's opinion on my price. Is that what makes me a troll? I guess i don't understand why you think I'm a troll. Trolling for what? I don't get it, maybe posting my numbers was in bad taste?

I feel very sad that I offended anyone.

I do want to thank everyone for their thoughtful responses. I've been reading with great interest. I didn't know I should reply to everyone. I apologize for that. I'm new here. Thank you everyone for helping me with my analysis paralysis. I'm still very apprehensive about it but i should be picking up my trailer next week.

I'd say if you offended anyone then too bad for them. I can't see for the life of me what you did wrong or why people find it necessary to attack you for your post. Sorry you are being treated this way. Please don't be discouraged as this is a great place to gain knowledge and get good advice from most on here.

As far as the deal you got I'd agree with DD. You didn't set a record for the best deal ever but I don't think you got burned by any means.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #45

Everyone likes the 30% below MSRP. Taxes and license excluded you hit 27.5%. IMO you did good. Now forget about it and go camping.
PS.. I can't tell you how many times first time posters are accused of being a troll on this forum. (Me included) Sometimes you need a thick skin to get the answers you want here, but if you can take the occassional abuse the answers are here. Go and enjoy...AND "Welcome to the forum!"
Old 07-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
I'd say if you offended anyone then too bad for them. I can't see for the life of me what you did wrong or why people find it necessary to attack you for your post. Sorry you are being treated this way. Please don't be discouraged as this is a great place to gain knowledge and get good advice from most on here.

As far as the deal you got I'd agree with DD. You didn't set a record for the best deal ever but I don't think you got burned by any means.

Good Luck and Enjoy!!!
Thank you
Old 07-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Everyone likes the 30% below MSRP. Taxes and license excluded you hit 27.5%. IMO you did good. Now forget about it and go camping.
PS.. I can't tell you how many times first time posters are accused of being a troll on this forum. (Me included) Sometimes you need a thick skin to get the answers you want here, but if you can take the occassional abuse the answers are here. Go and enjoy...AND "Welcome to the forum!"
Thank you for your insights into my purchase price.
Still don't know if my skin is thick enough for this forum.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you for your insights into my purchase price.
Still don't know if my skin is thick enough for this forum.
I'm a member of numerous different forums and this one is the mildest and nicest of all of them, especially other RV forums.
Forums are well known to have controversial subjects.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote