Old 10-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #21

Searching for check stub from reimbursement, emails, contact names etc. Do you have contact info so I can email to you?

Old 10-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #22

We have just completed a remodel at home, so all my files are in boxes. I will do the best I can with my story without receits. June 2015 we purchased a 2015 Flagstaff TT. After a return trip from Yellowstone, my husband started figuring out the weight allowed for these 14" C rated tires. He call FR in July, spoke to Chris Chollowell. My husband complained about the cheap tires FR had on their trailers. Mr. Chollowell agreed. When my husband asked if they could reimburse something if we upgraded the tires. He said (a close quote to what he said), I'm so glad you asked. We are not allowed to suggest or mention it, but when the customer brings up that question, we can allow $75.00 per tire. He said to email him @ chollowell@forestriverinc.com & give him the last 7 digits of the vin#. Take a pic. of old tires on trailer, and a pic. of new tires on trailer. Also send a receipt of new tires. We could not find anywhere that sold 14" D rated TT tires, so ordered online @ etrailer.com They were Karrier tires, and we did all the reviewing for those tires. As with all tires, 50/50 in pros vs cons. Than we took the trailer to a local tires place and had them mounted. We received a $300.00 check in the mail. In fact, received two checks a month apart! I assumed they made a mistake and that $300.00 was someone eles. As it was, I was told when I called to report it. So, looks like we are not the only ones getting this reimbursment. It's quite possible that too many were doing this and they put a stop to it? I just know we got $300.00, sold our 4 tires, and almost broke even.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #23

Well it seems that if and what Forest River was or still is offering doesn't apply to everyone. In fact just before we decided to buy our trailer I phoned Forest River and was transferred to the Rockwood warranty girl and she assured me that ALL 2015 Wind Jammers were coming with D range tires. When mine showed up with C range tires I phoned her back and she denied ever saying this.
I just want to add that she was very helpful answering all my questions and she was very polite as well when I first phoned about any concerns I had when I first talked with her. However not so much on the tire issue.

Like I said if you and some others have gotten this, good for you and them. I am just really disapointed how I have been treated. Not sure if this is because of where we are at, the dealer or what. I have always talked to anyone when dealing with Forest River with the utmost respect and been very polite. Maybe that is what the problem is!!! I have some warranty issues coming up on the rest of the trailer and sure hope that they don't get treated the way this has been.
Anyways thanks for the information and good luck with your trailer.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a tire expert so somebody help me out....will a tire with a C rating have that somewhere on the tire? (Mine is in the lot so I'll have to drive out and look at the China Bombs and see.)
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
I'm not a tire expert so somebody help me out....will a tire with a C rating have that somewhere on the tire? (Mine is in the lot so I'll have to drive out and look at the China Bombs and see.)
Yes it will.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #26

CRick Yes it will be on the tire! Youroo!!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #27

We looked at alot of trailers and first question we asked was are those C or D rated tires. Lot of the salesmen didn't know, the rest said D. My husband would look on tire & always see that they were C rated. And by the way....the dealers had nothing to do with our reimbursment on upgrade.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #28

Maxxis or Goodyear and this would be over or Greatly reduced! Youroo!!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #29

I was told by the factory rep for rockwood when I asked the question. Why don't you offer an up graded tire from the trail express "C" rated? His answer in front of 30 people on the tour was, "If we offered a up graded tire it would be saying that we are not putting on a quality tire." That was the answer from the Rockwood manager of the plant in 2013.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #30

Well I did some research and discovered something!!!! The weight difference between C rated (6 ply ) and D rated ( 8 ply ) is 9 tenths of a pound, hence a weight savings of 3.6 pounds. The difference between C rated ( 6 ply ) and
E rated ( 10 ply ) is 2.0 pounds per tire totaling a whopping 8.0 pounds !!!!

Now we all know that these are lite weight and ultra lite weight trailers. That being said here is my conclusion.

C rated ( 6 ply) = Ultra Lite Weight

D rated (8 ply ) = Lite Weight

E rated ( 10 ply ) = A Travel Trailer or 5th Wheel that one can use with some
piece of mind and safety.

Does that sound about right?

I discover they're just
REGULAR DONUTS !!!!!
coffeebean43140 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, replacement, tire, tires