Old 09-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #1

Difference in 302fk and 302fk?

We are looking at getting a TT with a larger bedroom...getting rid of the bunks and getting recliners. lol We are ready for more of a retirement TT and I am claustrophobic. We love the Heritage Glenn 302fk, but I am seeing pictures of the Hemisphere 302fk; their floorplans are identical and I cannot figure out what the difference is in the two. Does any one know??? Thank you so much. I looked on the Forest River website but cannot find a phone number to call to ask them.

2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 302 FK

War Eagle
Island Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

There is no difference except for the exterior graphics. They are "sisters". Wildwood Heritage Glen and Salem Hemisphere Lite have the same line up, just like Flagstaff Classic Super Lite and Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite have the same line up. Construction, floorplans and features are identical.

As a potential customer you can use this to your advantage by shopping both the Heritage and the Hemisphere twins at the same time. Theoretically, you have twice the dealers to choose from, and twice the chance there will be a dealer near you.

There is a tool for locating dealers of those two lines that can be found on the Forest River site. "Dealer Locator" is located in the upper right corner of the screen. Go to that page and in the "select a product" field enter Salem TTs and FWs, than enter your zip code. Do the same with the Woldwood TTs and FWs.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Dazed & Confused

We were looking Rockwood Windjammers and Flaggstaff V-LiTes in the same floor-plan. Made the deal on a Windjammer.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Creek View Post
We are looking at getting a TT with a larger bedroom...getting rid of the bunks and getting recliners. lol We are ready for more of a retirement TT and I am claustrophobic. We love the Heritage Glenn 302fk, but I am seeing pictures of the Hemisphere 302fk; their floorplans are identical and I cannot figure out what the difference is in the two. Does any one know??? Thank you so much. I looked on the Forest River website but cannot find a phone number to call to ask them.
Last Saturday we traded our 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 305RKDS for the 2015 Heritage Glen 302FK. We love this one so much we can't wait to camp this spring. I compared Heritage Glen with Salem Hemisphere. The floor plans are actually the same, just different names. The RV dealership didn't carry Salem so we took Heritage Glen.
pulled by 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

Twin brands are very common in the RV industry, not just FR.
Winnebago does, for example.
they do it so they can have two dealers in the same area and they can have "exclusive" rights to that brand.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #6

We bought the FR 302fk and love the camper. We don't love the little things that the dealer didn't bother to do/fix in the check before we took the camper. One cabinet door is falling apart. The living room door sticks. Blinds don't work. stove light doesn't work. A/C doesn't blow through the vents in the ceiling. The outside storage under the bedroom on the front was not finished off. I actually am wondering if FR sells seconds and if we got one. :-) Hope not. We have an awesome rv repair shop only a few miles from our house and he knows we will bring the camper to him in January. We have been camping since the end of October (only about 30 miles from home). My husband hunts in the area where we are camping, so it is really nice for us to camp for a couple of months; we run home regularly. BUT....no matter about these little things. We sold a Surveyor, which we also loved. But it had a bunkhouse. Now we have a living room and it's VERY comfortable. Love this camper.

War Eagle
Old 01-27-2015, 07:00 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. We are ordering a Salem 302FK this week. We will keep an eagle eye out for any problems before we take it off the dealer's lot.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #8

Diver, we absolutely love ours. Right now it is in the shop waiting for warranty work to be done, and it is taking a while. Simple things, but they have to be approved by FR. Overall, though, it is awesome! Just remember the front kitchen is going to put a lot of weight in the front and on your truck. We added the balloon things to lift it up. Let me know how you like it. Oh...definitely check out all the blinds. We had trouble with three of the six.

War Eagle