Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #1

DISH in Mexico

Hi! I am new to the forum so if I am in the wrong area I apologize. Headed for Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico again this winter. Last year I noticed several campers with Satellite antennas up and in use yet when I quizzed DISH they said they could not provide service outside the 48. I don't want to purchase the antenna and service without knowing in advance if I can still get the signal in there. I will most likely be using a Tailgater 3 antenna. Has anyone had experience with this issue?
dtougey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtougey View Post
Hi! I am new to the forum so if I am in the wrong area I apologize. Headed for Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico again this winter. Last year I noticed several campers with Satellite antennas up and in use yet when I quizzed DISH they said they could not provide service outside the 48. I don't want to purchase the antenna and service without knowing in advance if I can still get the signal in there. I will most likely be using a Tailgater 3 antenna. Has anyone had experience with this issue?
Welcome Aboard!!!
DO NOT tell them you are in Mexico or Canada. they will cut your service!!!
Just setup the service with them, using your home base address.
Then you can tell them you are in Tucson to get local channels!

As close as you are to the U.S. border you should have no problem with a signal, i.e. why you see others there with dishes!!!
N6ZCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #3

DISH in Mexico

I lived In Az for many years and went to Rocky Point many times. With my service address being in the Tucson area we were able to take our dish and use it without any problems. If you aren't currently on the Tucson spot beam you may have to give them some address in southern Az, at least a zip code. 85650 is a good one
Old 10-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #4

Thanx for the info. I suspected something like that but wanted to be sure. Typically with the "Pay as you go" program you must give an address so that you can get the local channels. I generally stop in Tucson before heading down there so that will work well. Thanx again!
dtougey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
PhD, Common Sense

Mexican dish?

May I recommend pozole?
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote