Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #1

doing to buy surveyor cadet sc321bhts ??

1st time buyer ,,but saw alot of complaints about FR,,,now I don't know if I will,,, these stories are TRUE ?,,,what do ya'll think,,165 Forest River Complaints and reviews from real people @ Pissed Consumer ,,also I found this,,http://ecorporateoffices.com/ForestRiverInc-2854,,,I will not buy the cadet if these are true,,,

Old 04-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #2

Forest River Inc Corporate Office & Headquarters this the other complaint site,,can any one help me decide weather to buy or not,,,

Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #3

This is our second f.r. product and other some very small items all covered under warranty, I feel they make a pretty good product. We will be buying another f.r. product in a couple of years. We have other products travalaire , jayco (never again) , Thor ( never again) and I'm sure you will find products other people will never buy again. I also think every company has their problems. I feel you have the same problem with Gm , ford, dodge and so forth.

kdcamper 2011 Chev 3500 Liz cc 2013 r.w. 8329ss d.p. husky centreline air ride hitch
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #4

thank you so much I appreciate your comment
Old 04-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #5

I'm not defending the FR product line by any means as everyone has had issues, some minor and some major. Overall though, I think you'd find that no matter what RV you choose you will have some things to repair here or there.

At the same token, you see it alot on here and on the internet. The majority of the things you hear about any manufacturer are things where people are having problems. There are people and I try to do this myself alot that will give praise when something is good as well but, overall, you'd probably hear more people give a complaint about something online then someone have something good to say.

On here for instance, people are posting in some forums issues or problems they might be having in hopes others can share their experiences in solving their problems. You may not have people post in a forum about how much they like their product as much as you'd have people posting to get advice on something that may have happened.

My wife is guilty of this but, I'll use it as a comparison. If the little one gets a rash and before you make an appointment you start looking at pictures online, you'll see the most horrific cases of that rash making you think the worst.

In the end, I'd research as much as you can and go see a dealer or dealers who have the majority of the prices and floorplans you are interested in to view first. When you narrow down a brand and model negotiate the best price.

As for anyone that might have the specific model you mentioned, I'm sure someone can chime in. But, try not to consume yourself too much over complaints listed online. If you look up Home Depot or Lowes I bet you'd fine a ton of complaints and problems but, it wouldn't stop me from shopping at either one.

Have fun in your search!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #6

I like what Flagstaffer06 said. I agree with it. This is my first Forest River product. I had a Keystone Montana before, and before that a Fleetwood Wilderness (which was probably the best trailer I had, although they went out of business). I think my Montana was a better trailer, however it also cost about 20,000 more then my Sierra. I needed room to sleep kids as out family was growing and Keystone didn't have a floor plan that came close enough to what Forest River had. I have had my fair share of issues, but I think having a dealer you can trust is number 1. Just like building a new house, you're going to have a punch card. I did with my Montana, and I did with my Sierra. Having a good dealer who will fix these issues and fix them quickly is key. I made that part of the deal. If I buy this unit, you have to do a good PDI, and after my first trip out, I'm going to have some issues. It's a given. You have to get me in and fix them within a week. Now they had to order me a couple parts, nothing major, and they fixed everything they could, and I brought it back when the parts came in, and I was picking it back up after 24 hours. This isn't like buying a new car, this is like buying a new house. I wouldn't worry too much about what you hear. Remember, people generally only bitch when something is broken, and most always forget to give praise when things are perfect. with my dealer, I'd buy a Forest River product again. I did buy the extended warranty on my unit. I did last time too. After replacing a $1,300 refrigerator on my Wilderness at 6 yrs old, I decided the 7yr warranties are worth it. I think I made good on my warranty with my Montana, and I think I will for sure on this unit. To each their own. I generally don't believe in them, never bought one on a car or appliance, but I definitely do on the camper. Good luck in your decisions.

Nights camped so far in 2016 = 0

Although Many trips scheduled.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #7

thank you for your input ,,
I will take it from heart
Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post
I like what Flagstaffer06 said. I agree with it. This is my first Forest River product. I had a Keystone Montana before, and before that a Fleetwood Wilderness (which was probably the best trailer I had, although they went out of business). I think my Montana was a better trailer, however it also cost about 20,000 more then my Sierra. I needed room to sleep kids as out family was growing and Keystone didn't have a floor plan that came close enough to what Forest River had. I have had my fair share of issues, but I think having a dealer you can trust is number 1. Just like building a new house, you're going to have a punch card. I did with my Montana, and I did with my Sierra. Having a good dealer who will fix these issues and fix them quickly is key. I made that part of the deal. If I buy this unit, you have to do a good PDI, and after my first trip out, I'm going to have some issues. It's a given. You have to get me in and fix them within a week. Now they had to order me a couple parts, nothing major, and they fixed everything they could, and I brought it back when the parts came in, and I was picking it back up after 24 hours. This isn't like buying a new car, this is like buying a new house. I wouldn't worry too much about what you hear. Remember, people generally only bitch when something is broken, and most always forget to give praise when things are perfect. with my dealer, I'd buy a Forest River product again. I did buy the extended warranty on my unit. I did last time too. After replacing a $1,300 refrigerator on my Wilderness at 6 yrs old, I decided the 7yr warranties are worth it. I think I made good on my warranty with my Montana, and I think I will for sure on this unit. To each their own. I generally don't believe in them, never bought one on a car or appliance, but I definitely do on the camper. Good luck in your decisions.
I should day one more thing, When I said I think Montana (Keystone) is a better trailer, this is like comparing a Bently to a Chevrolet. Montana is a luxury trailer, and we loved every bit of it. It only slept 4. It was great before we had kids. We now have 2 kids and one on the way. I don't think I'd want my kids tearing up that nice of a trailer either. It's nice to not freak out when they slam a door, or kick a door shut, or fling hot wheels cars from the bunkhouse through the living room area.... of course, right into the cabinets. We've had the trailer for 2 seasons, this is the start of our 3rd. It's held up very well. We love the floor plan of our Forest River product, and we especially liked that it was affordable. Lastly, we liked that the dealer we've had good luck with sold both brands.

Nights camped so far in 2016 = 0

Although Many trips scheduled.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #9

thank you for your comment ,, I'm listening
Old 04-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #10

yes I want mine for my son and grandkids to use,, my dealer is 120 miles away,, and I don't know how trustworthy he is, his company does not have a good rating,, like you said you have to have a good dealer working with you,, thank you

Tags
surveyor