Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
To be fair I agree that this is a good video to watch to quell any unrealistic expectations that some may have about owning an RV - but I also agree that those same people may very likely have unrealistic expectations about a lot of things in life and there's no changing that about a person. Live and let live
X2 Mrs E
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,724
I've been on the forum for a couple of years and continue to be amazed by what I read. I don't care about the habitual unsophisticated buyers; so many only want something for nothing and they think since they spend $30K (or whatever) their RV should be perfect and can't resist the temptation to compare with the automotive industry. BUT, I do care about those new or young buyers who are simply uninformed and could be taken advantage of and are willing to learn. Period.
__________________

__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,109
No matter what you buy you are going to have to put money into it. I don't care if it is a house, boat, or an RV. Every time I go out some little thing happens, I know it will and accept it. I surly didn't buy my TT for an investment, I bought it for all the enjoyment it brings me. I'm also retired so it gives me something to tinker with and keeps me out of my wifes hair.. Just go out an have fun...You can make great friends and great memories...
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #34
Coachman 312BHDS
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Missouri - Ozarks
Posts: 217
As a pilot it reminds me of an old adage in aviation. The way to make a small fortune in aviation is to start with a big fortune. Ha It's a black hole for money like my airplane was or a few boats I owned. Anyone living under the delusion that these things are some kind of investment - well I have a bridge to sell them. They are a luxury believe it or not to differing degrees depending on how far one takes it. I am shocked the IRS lets us deduct them for recreational use.

Peer pressure on forums and at camp sites or in my case family events often leads to bigger luxury items than one really needs (I didn't take the bait on the huge truck and fifth wheel for another $50k like my brother-in-law had to have). lol
__________________
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 312BHDS (37')
2014 F150 Lariat 3.5 V6 Eco Screw max tow - Century hard cap - Husky Centerline TS WDH
tbln930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Mrs Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln930 View Post
(I didn't take the bait on the huge truck and fifth wheel for another $50k like my brother-in-law had to have). lol
At least not yet, lol!
__________________
Michelle Evans
Katy, TX
2011 Carriage Cabo 341
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
No matter what you buy you are going to have to put money into it. I don't care if it is a house, boat, or an RV. Every time I go out some little thing happens, I know it will and accept it. I surly didn't buy my TT for an investment, I bought it for all the enjoyment it brings me. I'm also retired so it gives me something to tinker with and keeps me out of my wifes hair.. Just go out an have fun...You can make great friends and great memories...
Thanks WD
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hilliard, Florida
Posts: 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbln930 View Post
As a pilot it reminds me of an old adage in aviation. The way to make a small fortune in aviation is to start with a big fortune. Ha It's a black hole for money like my airplane was or a few boats I owned. Anyone living under the delusion that these things are some kind of investment - well I have a bridge to sell them. They are a luxury believe it or not to differing degrees depending on how far one takes it. I am shocked the IRS lets us deduct them for recreational use.

Peer pressure on forums and at camp sites or in my case family events often leads to bigger luxury items than one really needs (I didn't take the bait on the huge truck and fifth wheel for another $50k like my brother-in-law had to have). lol
LOL! I heard that one about farming... want to know how to make a million farming? start with two million. Oh, and where is that bridge?
WW
__________________
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,286
Don't buy an RV

The money you spend on an RV has a lot to do with where you can be happy. Fancy stuff, tv and video equipment, sewage and fresh supplies, leveling and set-up stuff, kitchen and bath supplies, BR stuff, inside and outside storage supplies, tools, plumbing and electric supplies, tires....this list would be very long, electrical upgrades and various adapters, 5th or GN or hitch adapters/accessories, awning poles/supports, ice maker/ice chests and supplies, cleaners/conditioners/waxes...these lists are broad. Many things are grouped together. Nothing for TV where applicable, no food, walking around money(Sling Blade), no camping money and no sight seeing money. Easy to go on.

These things are what the attorneys should warn about.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Days camped 2016 8
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.