Old 05-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #1

E-Pro/Geo Pro 19FBS - What's a good price?

I'm shopping around for a 19FBS right now and found what I think is a good deal, I just wanted to ask here and see what you all think or ask what you paid for your unit.

Model: Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS
Price: $17,877

Package A:
Roller Shades
Stereo
TV Antenna
Gas/Electric Water Heater
Outside Speaker
20K BTU Furnace
RVQ Grill
2 20 Lb LP Bottles
Bonded Windows
Spare Tire
Heated mattress
WIFI Ranger

Options:
Power tongue jack
Convection microwave
12V TV
Roof mounted solar
13.5k roof mounted AC
Power awning
Water purifier
MaxxAir vent and cover

This price includes 2 filled 20lb propane tanks, and 2 batteries.

I have read that there is considerable mark up on RVs and travel trailers and this unit has an MSRP around $23k. Do you think I have room to haggle them down? Especially with these units moving as fast as they do, I am doubtful. I am going to ask if they throw in a weight-distributing hitch with the package which is worth around $500 installed. Thoughts?

GrandFunkMonorail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #2

We bought a 2017 FBS with everything you have listed except the wi-fi ranger and solar roof for $15,990, but that price was lower than anything else I could find on the internet - nation wide. And the dealer I bought it from isn't selling the 2018 models for that price...

Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Mike. That sounds like a hell of a deal you got. The one I'm looking at is a 2018 model, still trying to find out what they changed. It doesn't sounds like too bad a deal with the wifi ranger and solar panel. I should probably find out which solar panel they're adding...
GrandFunkMonorail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #4

GrandFunkMonorail, I am interested in the exact same trailer. Looking nonstop at internet prices & doing research. My local dealer sells the E-Pro and quoted me $17,990. RV Wholesaler has the Geo-Pro and quoted less, but after tax & shipping, it came to the same amount. Another dealer 3 hours away quoted $16,990 for the Geo-Pro. I haven’t attempted any negotiating yet, but will probably go with local dealer if there is not enough price difference to make a drive worthwhile. If anyone has any bargaining advice, i’d greatly appreciate any tips. Good luck with your purchase! I am totally impressed with these campers & hope they don’t disappoint!
Sunshine12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:25 PM   #5

GFR
I paid $18400 with the same options but I also got the off road package. For my area in PA this was the best I could do. Sounds like you are getting a square deal to me. Enjoy.
TC
tc cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:41 PM   #6

The other half of the equation is how much a dealer is charging for freight, prep, doc, title or prep fees. Those can often add up to a few thousand.
cleazenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #7

Now I feel cheated! I just bought a 2018 Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS a few weeks ago for close to $19,000. I just paid tax and doc fee on top of that. No dealer shipping or prep fee.

I looked around and found none cheaper in my area.

We have used it once so far and are loving it.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
NC_RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_RVer View Post
Now I feel cheated! I just bought a 2018 Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS a few weeks ago for close to $19,000. I just paid tax and doc fee on top of that. No dealer shipping or prep fee.

I looked around and found none cheaper in my area.

We have used it once so far and are loving it.

John
John
I think $19k still is not a bad price. Enjoy your new trailer.
TC
tc cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

I recently purchased a Geo Pro (different floor plan). Iím not a good haggler nor care to negotiate. I purchased it from a no haggle dealership for approx 28% off MSRP (no tacked on fees). That seemed like a pretty good deal to me. Iím not sure if I could have done better at a dealership with flexible pricing.

RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote