Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Had a 6 pack of Pepsi taken at the Marion County City Park in Knoxville, IA about 30 yrs ago while we were attending the Knoxville Nationals Sprintcar races. Later that day, here came 2 BIG dudes and 2 small boys and I'm thinking maybe my 2 boys hade been up to no good. Turns out the BIG dudes were the fathers of the 2 boys and made them appologize for taking the Pepsi and offer to wash our camper (72 Chevy El Camino popup)to pay for it, which we declined. Became good friends after that. Don't know how they found out the boys had taken the Pepsi tho.
Wish more parents were like that these days.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #72
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyJunk View Post
Wish more parents were like that these days.
I do too, now the parents would come over and blame us for leaving them out and tempting their innocent little fellows. Strange world we live in now. No one wants to take the blame for their own actions. It's always somebody else's fault.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #73

I usually take my camper to the race track several days early and leave it. I hook up the power with a standard drop cord with a twist on adapter so I can keep my fridge cold. I'm always worried about someone running off with my 50 amp cord. Hasn't happened yet but I could see it.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #74
Mod free 5er

Quote:
I usually take my camper to the race track several days early and leave it. I hook up the power with a standard drop cord with a twist on adapter so I can keep my fridge cold. I'm always worried about someone running off with my 50 amp cord. Hasn't happened yet but I could see it.
Put it on propane and keep the cord in the trailer. Problem solved.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #75

Quote:
Put it on propane and keep the cord in the trailer. Problem solved.
My current camper has a residential fridge. Either runs on batteries (Which would only last a few days) or shore power. New rig will be propane.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
One of my regular campgrounds posted a sign warning about theft. I never had any problems with my stuff but I do put it away at night. Much easier for me since I don't bring much.

Attachment 16455
Sound like an inside job.

I was at a truck stop last year where the driver of a Day and Ross truck lost his hood while he was sleeping.

Up the road a Midland truck apparently lost his hood at about the same time.

The Day and Ross driver called his dispatch and they called a junk yard to see if a hood was available. A few hours later the driver was back on the road.

Interestingly enough the Midland driver and the Day and Ross driver were side by each on a hill and noticed that they had each others hood on their trucks .
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #77

Quote:
Never had a problem with track campers. Their usually at the track or too drunk to carry off someone elses stuff.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #78

Quote:
I do too, now the parents would come over and blame us for leaving them out and tempting their innocent little fellows. Strange world we live in now. No one wants to take the blame for their own actions. It's always somebody else's fault.
I love these types of parents. It's so nice to give them a fine when their young kids tell me to Blank off as a Police officer for stopping them when they are not wearing a helmet or are caught smoking pot.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #79

Yea, We really have a great time with Friends there, though. So now we know. and take the precautions.. There are Thousands of campers there, so it's really FUN!!

2018 Forester 3011DS
2011 Rockwood 8285WS (The Mobile Cabin) traded
2004 F350 SuperCab 6.0TD DRW (Mr. Duals) sold
kijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #80
Another rat in the race

Quote:
You know its a funny thing. We were in Parker AZ (Colorado River town in the summer snow bird in the winter) this last week and my wife sons and I were playing around at the breakfast table in this cafe and my son (the 15yr old) shot a straw wrapper at us and missed. It went sailing past and hit a group behind us. They took it in stride, I was mortified, and my son was a little embarrassed. I told him to go over and apologize for disturbing their breakfast, with just a little procrastination he knew he had to do the right thing and went over and said sorry for hitting them with the straw wrapper.

I could not believe what happened next, The gentleman got up and thanked me for raising a fine young man, the waitress said in 12 years of working there she had never witnessed a parent making their kid do anything like that, and when we left a bunch of regulars (they looked like it at least) raised there glass to my son and said "you make us old folks proud son".

Needless to say I was flabbergasted what kind of society do we live in that we feel the need to praise a 15yr old for owning up to his mistakes.

Don't get me wrong I AM PROUD of my sons, but a restaurant of praise for 1 apology. It should be the norm not the oddity.