Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #101

I have left My truck unlocked and Bikes, Coolers B-B-Q grille out all nite and have left the camp ground during the day with friends and never have had any thing missing Wouldn't dare do this at home LOL

1999 RockWood 2505
2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #102

Never anything touched in 4 years of almost full time. But we had our truck broken into in Houston while moving from one CG to another :-(
ritzyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #103
TeresaInCAL

I only worry about the generator. We keep a chain on it when we leave the CG.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #104

I have never personally had anything stolen but have heard of others. Most of the time it's petty stuff like alcohol, coolers,and bikes. The one season we were at a state park and a bunch of folks had their hitches stolen out of their receivers. I have always locked mine. The did catch the culprits they were local kids sneaking in through a hole in the fence and scrapping them out for cash. We always locked our bikes at the state campground when we left our site. I also have an autistic son and locked them so he wouldn't take off when I wasn't looking. I would have to say that most of the stuff that comes up missing is by kids looking for excitement or a buzz.

Oh yeah there was one time our screen house was raided and someone stole our foam plates and my dogs giant 2' long bone. I found the plates and bone under a tree with tooth marks in the plates from the hooded bandit lol. Them darn coons tried to steal that darn dog bone every evening we camped at that cg. Every morning i found it under the same tree. must have been too heavy for that stinker to haul up the tree.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaxle View Post
Oh yeah there was one time our screen house was raided and someone stole our foam plates and my dogs giant 2' long bone. I found the plates and bone under a tree with tooth marks in the plates from the hooded bandit lol. Them darn coons tried to steal that darn dog bone every evening we camped at that cg. Every morning i found it under the same tree. must have been too heavy for that stinker to haul up the tree.
We were loosing small things this summer. Same thing - the bandits were 4 legged mask wearing pests.
I live trapped 5 of them (individually of course) and thought I had a 6th one last weekend. I was mistaken
When I got closer it was proven to be a skunk. So I went to the garage and got a tarp, advanced my position quietly while shining a light in its general direction and jsut as I was getting ready to cover it my wife behind me said in a loud voice "WHATS IN THE TRAP THAT YOU NEED TO COVER IT?" Holy crap as if I wasn't freaked out withthe thought of being sprayed before....

Driving 12 miles to the woodlot in the industrial park I deposited it behind the Home Depot.
Figured with their slogan of "You can do it - We can help" it was a perfect fit.
Kids looking for a bit of excitement I can deal with. Critters not so much.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #106

Just Monday I went to pick up my 5er from the service center to get some post sale items fixed and I get home and low and behold I open the front hatch (it was unlocked!) and see that my 2 Honda 2000i's are missing, as well as my tool bag and power cable.

Look in the pass through (locked) and my kids Traxxas RC car and some other smaller items are gone.

I am currently talking with my dealer but he is telling me I need to claim this on my Insurance and I told him that is not going to happen.

I told him I will return the RV before I will make a claim on my insurance.

Now waiting for their response but an email late yesterday seemed as though they may actually do something about it as they are asking for recepits (which I have ) for all items and I made a police report and provided serial numbers for the high ticket items as well.

Just looks to me that it was an inside job because some items from the pass through ended up in the front compartment.

But to top it all off, they still did not fix my trailer!!
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #107
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage
Just Monday I went to pick up my 5er from the service center to get some post sale items fixed and I get home and low and behold I open the front hatch (it was unlocked!) and see that my 2 Honda 2000i's are missing, as well as my tool bag and power cable.

Look in the pass through (locked) and my kids Traxxas RC car and some other smaller items are gone.

I am currently talking with my dealer but he is telling me I need to claim this on my Insurance and I told him that is not going to happen.

I told him I will return the RV before I will make a claim on my insurance.

Now waiting for their response but an email late yesterday seemed as though they may actually do something about it as they are asking for recepits (which I have ) for all items and I made a police report and provided serial numbers for the high ticket items as well.

Just looks to me that it was an inside job because some items from the pass through ended up in the front compartment.

But to top it all off, they still did not fix my trailer!!
That's to bad man!

Although I don't "clear" my camper out to go to my dealer I do take one or two things out to keep them honest.
They all have signs up that there not responsible for lost or stolen items but ultimately they should take care of it if they want your business and they appreciate there customers.

I would change the locks to something other than ch 751.

What was your unit in for?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #108

Interior exterior protection, a bubble in the siding a water leak on the city connection, and door latches to keep the doors shut where slides are. leaky hatch door over the outdoor kitchen

Bubble was not fixed and they said they are sending pictures to Primetime.
The bubble was there before I bought the trailer and I had made previous arrangements to get this done because they said that the body shop was 3 weeks out.

Did not fix the leaky city water connection or the leaking kitchen faucet.

Now I realize these things happen, but when you go over every one of these things with a service writer and they don't get fixed and then your trailer gets "robbed" I found myself extreeeeemly upset.

I have now been given 2 new Hondas so the bulk of the loss has been recovered. Still out about $1000 and it needs to be returned to get the work done.

Thing was they assured me that if it is locked now it will stay locked so I said let me verify everything is locked and then I handed him the keys.

As far as changing my locks I would love to but dealer said that it always will be 3 keys and the hatches would be the same. (I said bull ^%$#) but thought better and decided to take it up with the director (which is whom I am dealing with now).

There is more to add but I am a horrible typer.

Updates soon.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #109
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Yeah he's full of it!

There's thousands of ways to get new cam locks with keys no-one has .

The even make combination lock cam locks!

Pm qccowboy he has them on his.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #110

Thanks for the info Turbs!!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #111
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Driving 12 miles to the woodlot in the industrial park I deposited it behind the Home Depot.
Figured with their slogan of "You can do it - We can help" it was a perfect fit.
Kids looking for a bit of excitement I can deal with. Critters not so much.
OMG, that is hysterical!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #112

OK Update!

I just got off of the phone with my dealer and we came to an agreement.

My Crusader 355BHQ only came with 1 AC unit and it really needs 2.

I will get my fantastic moved to the main living area and then get a 2nd AC unit and instalation for $1000 including the labor to move the fantastic. Plus he gave me 2 brand new Honda EU2000i's.

I have to say that he has done everything in his power to make this right
so I need to give him his due and I told him that I have never quite seen this kind of customer service and would really like to continue doing business with people who care about their customers.

We are going camping (kind of) next weekend (dry) and will take the unit back in to the dealer and get the rest of the items on the repair list resolved in the first week of November.

Thanks for listening fellow campers!!

Shane
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #113
TeresaInCAL

Good to hear he's working with you Shane, we just don't see enough of that.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #114
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Combi-Cam: RV Compartment Combination Lock (Chrome) at RVToyOutlet.com

heres those one deals !
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

I will be ordering 8 of those ASAP!!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #116
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
I will be ordering 8 of those ASAP!!
sweet eh !
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #117

How do you guys lock your generator? I am looking to have my brother (a machinist) build a metal box right above/around the battery location. The generator could sit there permanently if desired. Looking to get a honda EU2000
tntrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaraG_1M View Post
I would also hope that thieves got crabs.....in an unmentionable spot!

cheers,
johnd

Ralph & Amy
2012 Forest River Grey Wolf 27BHKS
Days Camped 2013: 11
AmyBarkerPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
I do too, now the parents would come over and blame us for leaving them out and tempting their innocent little fellows. Strange world we live in now. No one wants to take the blame for their own actions. It's always somebody else's fault.
NOT ME! I would never blame others for "tempting my children". I know we're a rare breed when it comes to parenting though. The Bible says "Spare the Rod; Spoil the Child" and I firmly believe that. I would have been the parent to drag them back to your campsite and make them apologize and then do something to make it up to you. Kids these days..no discipline at all....makes me sick! When they don't teach their kids to respect people then you get hoolagins like those kids!

Ralph & Amy
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
You know its a funny thing. We were in Parker AZ (Colorado River town in the summer snow bird in the winter) this last week and my wife sons and I were playing around at the breakfast table in this cafe and my son (the 15yr old) shot a straw wrapper at us and missed. It went sailing past and hit a group behind us. They took it in stride, I was mortified, and my son was a little embarrassed. I told him to go over and apologize for disturbing their breakfast, with just a little procrastination he knew he had to do the right thing and went over and said sorry for hitting them with the straw wrapper.

I could not believe what happened next, The gentleman got up and thanked me for raising a fine young man, the waitress said in 12 years of working there she had never witnessed a parent making their kid do anything like that, and when we left a bunch of regulars (they looked like it at least) raised there glass to my son and said "you make us old folks proud son".

Needless to say I was flabbergasted what kind of society do we live in that we feel the need to praise a 15yr old for owning up to his mistakes.

Don't get me wrong I AM PROUD of my sons, but a restaurant of praise for 1 apology. It should be the norm not the oddity.
Good for you for making him own up, but yes, it's amazing to me how this is now the oddity and not the norm. *shaking head*

Ralph & Amy