Old 02-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Ever purchase from Techno RV or

Thinking of making an Internet purchase either from Techno RV or RVSafety Accessories. Does anyone know about either of these places and if they are reputable ?

Old 02-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
Site Team

Here's what seems like a peculiar answer. I ordered a Progressive Industries EMS from Techno RV and it wasn't shipped in a timely manner. The Techno RV spokesman, Phillip May, sent me an email and said they had no EMS units in their inventory... that they expected some soon. A few days later, Mr. May sent another email apologizing for the delay and recommended that I cancel my order from them and order from another internet supplier. Regarding his recommended company, he wrote "They're a great company, I know the owner personally and he knows his stuff inside out. I just can't give you a definite answer as to when we'll get them in and I'd hate for anything to happen to your rig while waiting for us to ship. " I did as he suggested. I was really impressed that he would handle my situation in such a customer-friendly manner. I'll probably try them again!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:42 PM   #3

RVSafety is a 2-person home business! I can tell you that Progressive Industries recognizes them as a dealer, and I bought a surge protector from them about 1.5 years ago. I was in Texas with my best friend and because I have electrical skills was tasked with taking care of surge protection. Called up PI and they said Lawrence RV (RVSafety) was one of their dealers and located in Texas. I called at 2pm Wednesday and the unit was on the doorstep 10am Thursday!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Techno RV had a vendor booth at the Goshen rally. Very nice, friendly staff manning the booth. I bought my tpms from them. Bought a display model GPS and took it back the next day only because it has many trucker functions I didn't need. She refunded no questions asked. They send out frequent training video emails to their customers. Good info usually. This has been my experience.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #5

Thank's for the info everyone. Sounds like I can't do too bad with either of these companies. I'm looking to buy the Progressive Industries EMS. Both places have good prices.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
RVSafety is a 2-person home business! I can tell you that Progressive Industries recognizes them as a dealer, and I bought a surge protector from them about 1.5 years ago. I was in Texas with my best friend and because I have electrical skills was tasked with taking care of surge protection. Called up PI and they said Lawrence RV (RVSafety) was one of their dealers and located in Texas. I called at 2pm Wednesday and the unit was on the doorstep 10am Thursday!
So, Geo... you're saying Lawrence RV and RVSafety are two names of the same company? When Techno RV couldn't fill my order, they sent me to Lawrence RV!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #7

We bought a Progressive EMS at the Goshen Rally this past summer. As stated before friendly people, nice booth. The women (forget her name) was tasked with giving a seminar on dash cams which I thought was more of a sales seminar than anything else. But they are a good idea.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
So, Geo... you're saying Lawrence RV and RVSafety are two names of the same company? When Techno RV couldn't fill my order, they sent me to Lawrence RV!
Yes sir, one in the same! It's good to hear this about two companies. Reminds me of the way the overall RV industry USED to be! Kudos to Techno!
Old 02-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #9

Bought my EMS 50A hardwire from TechnoRV. I got prompt answers to my questions, it shipped quickly and there was great follow up after the sale with video tutoring on the item. Couldn't be happier with the sale.

Daryll
Old 02-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #10

JESSICA MARIETTA represented Techno in Goshen booth. I tried to buy a hard wired 50amp surge protector BUT, as much as she tried, could not find a person I felt comfortable with to INSTALL IT while at the rally. Later, I called Techno and spoke with the owner on a different matter. He was VERY HELPFUL. I mentioned Jessica and he informed me she is a rep for various products or vendors.
She was well schooled in what she presented. I also attended her presentation.
The ONLY reason I did not buy was the install issue.