Old 06-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #11
As a single female who is not good mechanically, I bought a five year with entire coverage. Also, got a tire warranty for minimal $. Everything these days keep getting more and more complex. If you aren't really handy or don't have the time to hassle with stuff, I say get one if there is a warranty repair facility within readonable driving distance to home. On the other hand, you could be on a trip and have an expensive break down and be glad that you bought the policy.

mtnlvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #12
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
I agree with the others - go with Coach-Net (if it is good enough for Forest River, it should be good enough for you )

If you work with Coach-Net, they will take into account that you already have the 1 year warranty (and can purchase the 2nd year at a discount). As said before, they also offer tire/roadside assistance and Mobile RV Repair. PLUS you can keep renewing until your unit is 13 years old.

Here is our agent, give her a call and check out their prices!:
Garfield Fabricius-Davies|Member Account Advisor |Coach-Net Protect
P: 972.993.8416 | C: 214.549.8524
2820 W. Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #13

I had Route 66 and loved it before we sold our Class A - paid for itself in a couple of visits.
Bob & Sue Rowan
Okeechobee, FL
2012 Coachmen Mirada 29DS (SOLD)
2015 Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer
2016 F-150 Lariat with Auto Trailer Backup
Dog = Morki (Yorkie-Maltese) - Zoe
Malabarbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #14
We also opted for a extend warranty 7 year covers all electronics axles brakes ac fridge all plumbing jacks ect ect witch we bought from our dealer ours has a 100 deductible but if we bring it back to our selling dealer the deduct will be 50.00 get the one that covere more for your money. Good luck and safe travles

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:41 PM   #15
We went with Preserve, but found out a couple of big gotchas when we went to use it. The zero deductible is only for work done at the selling dealer. Otherwise, the deductible is $200. But, here is the big one: They don't appear to go by a standard labor book. So, THEY determine how many hours a job should take. Last month, I had a $50 propane control valve and $40 regulator changed. (Serious issue since the propane couldn't be turned off...the control valve had broken.) Dealer determined it would take 3 hours plus parts. Preserve said that it was a 1.6 hour job. Guess who got stuck with the difference. While the total bill came to about $560, my share was a whopping $366! I haven't seen this aspect discussed on a forum before. Has anyone had the same experience or found a solution to apparently arbitrary labor-hour determinations?
2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #16
Went with Wholesale Warranties. Good reviews and recommendations. Easy to talk to, good info and answered all my questions. Cost was very competitive. Included consequential damages (you want this with whoever you decide).
Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forester 3011DSF
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:54 AM   #17
I have zero experience with Rv extended warranties but about 25 years experience with automobile warranties as a service advisor with a couple different manufactures. With these companies the most important thing is to go in with your eyes open and know what is a covered repair and what is not. From reading the OP it appears you are doing that. Another issue to consider before signing up is to keep in mind that and "Insurance Company" exists to make money, not to pay claims. That said, we have extended warranties on both our TT and our TV. The list of parts that can fail is endless and insurance is ultimately just peace of mind.
2016 Grey Wolf 24RK
2014 Nissan Titan

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:07 AM   #18
Off the original topic and on to a couple things mentioned in other posts. Almost all extended warranties sold by dealers, offer a discount for taking the vehicle back to the selling dealer for obvious reasons.

In my auto experience most dealerships will work with times listed in an aftermarket service manual. Occasional there are diagnostic times that the dealer and the company cannot come to terms with, but generally I never had a problem if we could give the company a good, reasonable explanation. A good dealer will make an effort to have you leave satisfied.
2016 Grey Wolf 24RK
2014 Nissan Titan

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #19
We bought our RV last November and purchased the XtraRide Platinum which cost $4700 for 5 yrs. coverage.

After having it for 6 months I cancelled it and was refunded $4400. I suggest getting a policy that is refundable if you change your mind.

After 6 months I now understand the different systems and structure of the RV much more after reading this forum. I can make minor repairs and I think most things will probably last until the warranty is up. I am taking a chance of not having any insurance for a major issue like the frame, front cap or side separation. However, after reviewing the exclusion list I found it will not cover anything due to rust or water which can be two causes of failures or loopholes depending on how you look at it.

I think I have a solid trailer so I'm willing to put the $4400 in the piggy bank for future repairs which is very probable.
2015 Rockwood 8289WS
2003 Dodge Cummins w/Banks 3:73
CraigBean7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #20
I don't think that you will find extended warranty/service contract that will cover frames or delamination. Your one year warranty and the extra year from Forest River, if you get it, does cover frames and delamination. Good Luck

whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote