Old 05-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #21
Yes Mike; got the confirmation back from them about 2-3 weeks later. Basically it was a photocopy of my original form; with some sort of stamp and signature.

I would think that a Postal M/O would be just fine- however you may want to get one from your bank that you deal with. Just more along the lines of being easier to track. From reading on here I knew that I wouldn't be getting something very "official looking." My concern is that if I have a major claim 20 months down the road I can prove they cashed the payment.

Wolf Pup T16P owner

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #22
John51, I was wondering what warranty did you finally purchase? I recently purchased a Freedom Express and for $1,984 I got 5 years of coverage on my rims and tires (from Assurant) and 5 years of coverage on the travel trailer. The coverage covers appliances, motors, and pretty much everything in the camper.

CampMenendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #23
Originally Posted by puckdad View Post
Fellow Canadians: how did you make the $150 payment? Postal money order in US funds, or ???

I'm trying to contact FR, but it is almost impossible to find any contact info.
I've tried calling the factory in Oregon and left a message on their voice mail but haven't heard back yet.
We have the form filled out (the dealership did not supply one..."Oh, it's in the packet you have"....NOT) and want to get it sent off ASAP.

I paid by Visa, sent the form in by Fax and then a lady called me for the cc info.

Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #24
I opted for the second year warranty from FR for $150.00, and I think that is a fair deal. I have a good friend that bought an extended warranty for his motor home a year ago that came with a money back promise if the warranty was never used after five years. Sounded good except that the warranty company recently went belly up, and he was notified that his warranty is no longer in affect, and it looks like he will never see any reimbursement either. Be careful with these extended warranties.

Michigan-traveler is offline   Reply With Quote