Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #1

Extended Warranty

Has anyone heard of or used Wholesale Warranties? We're shopping for an extended warranty service and wonder what would be the best/most economical. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #2

We have Wholesale Warranties. They fit our needs. They paid (after the deductible) to replace our ice maker.

Robert Shorter
2015 Dodge 3500 DWD
Blue Ridge 3600RS
rmshorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmshorter View Post
We have Wholesale Warranties. They fit our needs. They paid (after the deductible) to replace our ice maker.

Do they seem reasonable for premiums and are claims processed easily and quickly?
Old 02-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #4

Xtraride warranty is also an aftermarket new/used warranty. Good and bad reviews here...mostly good as I see.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #5

We got three or four estimates and they were the best for the price. The claim was process fairly easily. Just need to follow procedures outlined in contract.

Robert Shorter
2015 Dodge 3500 DWD
Blue Ridge 3600RS
rmshorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #6

You may want check out Coach-Net. We have had one claim and they were fast. Our contact is with a Wayne Runnels 972 993 8411. Cost was very competitive and includes road side service.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Has anyone heard of or used Wholesale Warranties? We're shopping for an extended warranty service and wonder what would be the best/most economical. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Called them for a quote on our 2014 3051S they are basically a broker that will sell to individuals directly.

Brother in law has XTraRide on his TT and has had good luck with getting things taken care of. Even had an issue while away from home that was denied - they got back home - copied the paperwork / receipts / etc. sent them in and actually got the money for the repairs - so good recommendation from them.

We ended up with Good Sam as it was quite a bit lower than the quote from Wholesale on XTraRide and had more items covered.

Good and bad on all of them from all my research - read all the coverage and make sure you know what you are getting for what is and what is not covered.

For example, DW was reading the warranty coverage in the finance office while we were determining whether to get or not - it is actually in the paperwork that "in the event of a nuclear detonation" nothing is covered (we almost walked out - which probably would have caused the finance guy to fall out of his chair). What's more hilarious is they actually put that in the paperwork.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #8

Thank you for your input! We'll be doing some homework.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Rarely do the extended warranties work in the favor of the consumer. The things that are most often covered are usually covered by the manufacturer past unit's warranty. If you are handy, replacing a water pump, heater, etc is far cheaper than buying the warranty. Much of the cost of replacement on some of these items is the labor. Buying the factory 2 year warranty is a much better deal, as this is usually when an item is going to fail. Extended warranties "usually" don't cover the big ticket items (delamination) anyway.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #10

As I understand it, the factory 2 year extended is no longer offered. I too am looking to buy a ESP or not. Goodsam, Coachnet, Wholesale, Xtraride. My head is spinning.

I'm leaning towards Goodsam as I'm buying from Camping World.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #11

Best and most economical plan: Take the cost of the plan you like and put it into a dedicated savings account. One time or monthly, doesn't matter. When a breakdown that would have been covered occurs, take camper to the repair facility of choice and pay for the repairs out of the savings account. Rarely, will you empty the savings account.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #12
PhD, Common Sense

That is a good plan IF you only experience the expected cost of repairs over the lifetime of the RV.

The whole point of insurance (or a warranty) is to cover catastrophic contingencies. For that, you should be willing to pay a little extra money on average.

That is how the companies selling warranties or insurance make their profits. And it is quite reasonable that they profit from the service that they provide.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #13

On top of that if I get a ESP I’ll have to go with a pedestal EMS. I wouldn’t want to hang myself on a warranty denial due to my ‘rewiring’ the coach.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
That is a good plan IF you only experience the expected cost of repairs over the lifetime of the RV.

The whole point of insurance (or a warranty) is to cover catastrophic contingencies. For that, you should be willing to pay a little extra money on average.

That is how the companies selling warranties or insurance make their profits. And it is quite reasonable that they profit from the service that they provide.

CHRIS Rock said insurance should be called “ in case s$”# happens”
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
As I understand it, the factory 2 year extended is no longer offered. I too am looking to buy a ESP or not. Goodsam, Coachnet, Wholesale, Xtraride. My head is spinning.

I'm leaning towards Goodsam as I'm buying from Camping World.

Don't want to steal your post. This may explain a lot, I bought an RV 19th of Feb and have been trying to figure out how to get the extended ever since. Stealership has been zero help. Let me know what you come up with, I am thinking of the method someone mention about just putting the money away till it is needed. However, if history repeats itself I am sure I'll be broke soon. Last RV broke every time we took it out, eventually just stopped taking it out.
williep13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #16

I’m probably going with a exclusionary policy from WholesaleWarranties.com
Old 03-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Show me an extended warranty plan where the costs of a COVERED repair far exceeds the cost of the plan. There are catastrophic risks for RVs - where the costs of repair exceed $3,000 - but very few-to-none of these are covered by an extended warranty.

The catastrophic events are generally covered by your RV insurance policy. It is this policy that pays for a roof that needs to be replaced due to hail damage, or a roll-over on the highway. And I do carry insurance on my A-frame (Progressive in my case). An extended warranty pays nothing in these cases.

What an extended warranty covers - appliances breaking or workmanship and material issues in the trailer structure - are generally less than $2K (and often less than $1K) to fix. Which makes it very hard to justify the cost of the extended warranty.

Many extended warranties require dealer performance of annual inspections to keep them in force, further raising the cost.

just my thoughts
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #18

That’s all true for a one time occurrence. The warranty I’m considering is 6 years. That’s a lot of time for a AC, fridge, furnace,slide motor, etc.

It’s a gamble I know.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
That’s all true for a one time occurrence. The warranty I’m considering is 6 years. That’s a lot of time for a AC, fridge, furnace,slide motor, etc.

It’s a gamble I know.
I agree with your reasoning. Our motor home has a lot of items that I am sure would be very expensive to repair or replace. Other items a Cummins motor, Oasis heating system, ECT. I took a chance with Coach-net and added the tire/wheel program at 175.00 per year and it covered the complete cost of a replacement 22.5 tire on our coach. Tire cost alone 800 dollars not including service call.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #20

Probably *not* going with Wholesale Warranties. Goodsam is 100% out as I'm no longer buying from Camping World.

Tags
warranty