Old 04-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
extended warranty/ pros,cons

I am a new owner of a used travel trailer 2009 explorer frontier 29", in good condition.
Please help me, should I purchase an extended warranty?
Is it worth the money what do you recommend?

palomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
since your trailer isn't made by Forest River and i have no idea who makes it, not sure what to recommend.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
The only advice I can offer is to take a look at the actual policy, not the advertising, and read what is excluded. Then make your decision.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
Extended warranties are an extremely personal decision. Some people swear by them. Some people avoid them at all cost. Some have them and have used them, thus saving thousands of dollars. Some have them and have never used them, thus wasting thousands of dollars. Some people don't have them and wish they did, thus costing thousands of dollars.

None of us has a crystal ball to know if that particular plan is going to be worth it. The best you can do is just what Bob (Oakman) suggests - look closely at the actual contract. They spell out specific exclusions of what isn't covered. A lot of times, there are some pretty important things in those.

Insurance is one of those things - it's wasted money until you use it. Generally, these companies are in the business to make money and are betting on the house that the majority of their purchasers never need the $X-dollars worth of warranty repairs. That means, the reality is that a majority of people don't get the full benefit out of these.

We can't tell you what to do. You've gots to decide.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Originally Posted by palomo View Post
I am a new owner of a used travel trailer 2009 explorer frontier 29", in good condition.
Please help me, should I purchase an extended warranty?
Is it worth the money what do you recommend?
My wife and I bought a 40FLFB in 2011. The aftermarket or extended warranty was offered by a company NOT affiliated with the selling dealer. In fact after the policy was purchased, The said company was bought out by another insurance business. I believe it to be Progressive. We received a phone call from the new owners of the warranty And in fact they assured us that our policy had not changed and any claims would be handled. I have not had to make a claim for service or repair but they send the bill every year like clockwork. Have them send a copy of just what is covered before you buy said policy.
TT. 2011 Salem Grand Villa.
TV. 2009 F350. Dually, Lariat, Twin Turbo (after market)
w/ stock exhaust and Maramount Easy-flow muffler.
hotshott is offline   Reply With Quote