Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #1

Feeling like I have been overcharged

We recently took our trailer in to the dealership to have the bunk end seals replaced. We were quoted a price of $400-$550 for the job.
The dealership called and told us that Forrest River had sent the wrong bunk end kit and so if we wanted to have it fixed by the time we leave for holidays they would have to come up with a creative solution.
I went down there to take a look and it was decided that they would simply wrap the hinges with white rubber roofing where the water was coming in.
The repair technician told me that this would be much less expensive than the bunk end seals and would fix the problem.
So today we went to pick up the trailer and we were totally shocked when we were given a bill for $700!
When I asked why, the lady at the counter went into a speech of how we were getting a $200.00 discount because it actually took almost 8 hours for this repair.
I paid the bill but I have asked the tech guy to call me on Monday because I am feeling that they overcharged me. I would like an explination of how this simple job took so long. Has anyone there had any similar experience in being charged more than you were quoted? How did you resolve this issue? I am feeling like we are at the mercy of this dealership taking as long as they want and then charging us whatever they want. We are not experienced trailer owners and are not sure how to handle this situation.

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #2

Darn.
I would be very upset. A temporary repair for that much $$ ?
I don't blame you for wanting to have a talk with the Tech guy. Hope you can get this straightened out.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #3

Yes, please let us know. That's a pretty penny for the job. I also have bunks.
2007 Sub 5.3L 3:73
Hot DW
1 Princess & 2 Busy Boys
Ventura County, CA
Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #4

That's why we have a spot for good or bad dealers. After you have talked to the tech. and if you still feel wronged, don't be afraid to use it. Tell your story truthfully and let us know who he is so we can avoid him. I agree with you. It seems like a lot for a temp. repair. Especially after he told you it would be cheaper. Old Guys