Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #21
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Trailer is covered by the TV's LIABILITY insurance only. If you were to back into somebody with your trailer your liability policy on your truck will pay for their damage. Of course liability will not pay to have your trailer fixed. That is where your $125/year comp/collision insurance comes in.
I've had coverage with GIECO from day one for both 5r and TV. Burnt a bearing they covered it, ripped a motor off from a dead retread in the road they covered it.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #22

We have SF, separate policy for each vehicle and one for the trailer. NO roadside for the trailer since it is not a utility trailer. Travel trailers do not get roadside for towing if needed IF the tow vehicle is not broke down. In other words we are looking for another insurance company again........Was told the trailer had tow coverage and roadside when we went with them.
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
fx2

We had Farmers for the TV and Foremost for the TT. In looking through our policies at renewal I noticed that in order to keep the annual premium close to prior year they were lowering my policy limits. Shame on me for not noticing sooner but I quickly changed carriers to Mercury for Auto and Progressive for TT.

Nice thing with Mercury is, between Homeowners and Auto policies, I saved about $600 a year over Farmers and $100 a year on TT with Progressive. All while dramatically increasing my policy limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2002 Ford F250 7.3l 4x4
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #24

One thing to remember if you rely on the TV insurance and do not cover the RV. If it comes loose it is no longer attached to the TV and the liabilty is now void on the RV.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel