Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #21
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I am going to be buying a boat load of gas going back and forth thru Canada this summer. Trying to figure out the Liter/Gallon conversion and how far my dollar will go.
It doesn't really matter how you figure it out it will always be cheaper in the US, except maybe Hawaii.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #22

4.54 litres in our Gallon vs 3.79 in yours.
Your prices have always been lower because Brian Mulroney (the Prime Minister who successfully sued his own government for 1 million dollars) signed away that gas saving clause in the North American Free trade agreement years ago.

For Example last Thursday NB Canada went to 90.9 cents a litre as set by the Utilities board (set weekly) x 4.54 or $4.12 Canadian dollars per gallon.

That's .64 of a litre difference in size. That's what - about .58 cents difference in a gallon US to a gallon Canadian?

meanwhile one hour away in Houlton Maine, I pumped 32 US gallons (121.28 litres) into my truck for $1.95 a gallon USD.
even with the exchange rate where it is we saved fueling the truck.
always have.

$1.95 plus .58 cents = $2.47 for the Canadian size gallon (if the dollar was the same which it was in 2011) vs $4.12 dollars Canadian.

1.65$ a gallon difference.

And yes we have great health care, but we also pay for that system through high taxes (in NB come Tuesday 15% sales tax on almost everything). Food prices are higher,

BUT...

we have some AWESOME scenery and a lot of friendly people and even more welcoming campers that will be staying in the same parks as you hope to see so it is a bonus for everyone.

download the Gas Buddy app to get updated prices while hauling.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
If you can get it, lot 1, site 8 is the one that everyone wants.

At falcon?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 02-16-2016, 06:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
At falcon?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Yes. But the newer campground. I think it's called Falcon lakeshore campground. That site is about 100 ft from the water, angled facing the lake. It's a HUGE site. Only thing is that at that time of year it may be a cold site cause it's so close to the WATER.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote