Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
Site Team

Financing

I'm really learning the value of financing locally.

9 times out of 10 we finance with a local bank if at all possible. Home mortgage, car loans, ect... have mostly been with local banks and/or credit unions.

Our current loan on our fiver is through Bank of the West which doesn't have any local branches near us. We didn't get plates for our trailer when we bought it because it sits on a seasonal site and the CG doesn't require them. Now we are moving to a different CG and we have been trying for weeks to get them to send us a copy of our title so we can get the plates.

They require a signed, written request for this, then it takes 5 business days for it to go through. Even a fax takes 5 business days. We sent them a fax 2 weeks ago. They said they didn't get it. I emailed them the request a week ago. But I typed the address wrong. I finally got it corrected on Sunday night.

They called Monday night (to verify our information again) and it finally got sent out snail mail on the Tuesday. We need to have it by the morning of Oct 5.

Stressing out just a little here.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #2

Could you get a temporary tag from your dealer or DMV
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
ENE

My local credit union wanted 6.5% interest for a RV loan for 144 months. Some of the RV dealers I talked to said they could do it for 4.5-4.7% at 144 months. I will probably go with the dealer financing, sounds cheaper and easier. I plan on throwing in a few things like chairs, generator, cables etc and finance the whole thing : )
BTY I will be going from Arizona to east Texas to buy my RV from Genuine RV since the 2 dealers here in Arizona rather sit around and drink coffee all day then sell an RV.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Site Team

Update: Copy of the title finally came on Saturday. Went and got the plates first thing this morning. Now just waiting to hear from my wife on how the move went.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbalentine View Post
My local credit union wanted 6.5% interest for a RV loan for 144 months. Some of the RV dealers I talked to said they could do it for 4.5-4.7% at 144 months. I will probably go with the dealer financing, sounds cheaper and easier. I plan on throwing in a few things like chairs, generator, cables etc and finance the whole thing : )
BTY I will be going from Arizona to east Texas to buy my RV from Genuine RV since the 2 dealers here in Arizona rather sit around and drink coffee all day then sell an RV.
So do you really want to pay for your lawn chairs, generator and cables for 12 years? For that matter do you want to pay for a trailer that will probably be worth little to nothing when it finally paid of after 12 years? What if something happens and you need to sell it. Will you have enough paid off to sell it? Not criticising because it's not of my business but it may not be a sound fiscal decision...
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 PM   #6
ENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
So do you really want to pay for your lawn chairs, generator and cables for 12 years? For that matter do you want to pay for a trailer that will probably be worth little to nothing when it finally paid of after 12 years? What if something happens and you need to sell it. Will you have enough paid off to sell it? Not criticising because it's not of my business but it may not be a sound fiscal decision...
I would never pay on it for 12 years. I never owned anything longer than 3 years.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbalentine View Post
I would never pay on it for 12 years. I never owned anything longer than 3 years.

My camper is financed for 20 years, I will not be alive that long, if I am the bank will praying

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote