Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #21
tootall1

Extended Warranty:

I don’t buy extended warranty’s unless I can see a big upside to the purchase.
I had 3 TT’s before I purchased my 5th wheel and did not have extended warranty’s.
When I purchased the 5th wheel it had self leveling on 6 electric legs, this was a big concern for me and I all so have a residential refrigerator. I am 76 and there are some physical things I no longer care to tackle. This I took into consideration when purchasing the policy. So now as a result my wife doesn’t have to worry
about anything except the dog.
Happy Camping, tootall1
tootall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombez View Post
Just got off the phone with them, slides are covered in initial mfg. warranty. They said refrigerator is usually biggest ticket item, since they have to take slide off to remove it, and that is covered by extended warranty. .

Welcome to FRF.

If you are considering the warranty ask for a copy now and read it carefully. Do not take the dealers word. Many extended warranties have dozens of loopholes that they will use to keep from paying. If you feel you need a warranty because you are not capable of or want to do repairs. Buy an aftermarket warranty while it is new. Some require an annual dealer inspection ( $200-$400 + parts) to remain in force. I do not recommend the sealant. Also you appear emotionally tied to this purchase. Please leave your excitement/emotions at home when you do your PDI. Do not sign and take it with the understanding you can bring it back for identified repairs. Once they have your money, you have no leverage. This time of year they are very busy and it could sit for months. Once you get it have fun and come back if you have questions.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #23

Self-insure yourself with your own extended warranty by putting away $100/mo in savings account.

Remember a dealer offering extended warranties are negotiable, don't pay the first price you see.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #24

Our dealer tried real hard to sell us their warranty but we passed. It was quite expensive. We did buy the coating on the outside and inside and hope we will be happy with it. I just couldn't see me standing on a ladder and washing that big thing. I then did a little research and bought the Good Sam extended warranty as well as the tire coverage. I hope I will not be disappointed. Anyone have any experience with Good Sam?

Tags
first time