Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #1

First timer purchase questions

We are trying to purchase a 5er Toy Hauler and think we have narrowed our search to 2 units based on budget, weight, floorplans. However, the units, Vengeance 312A and Wolf Pack 315 are just different enough to raise questions as to quality of build and longevity of the units.

The Vengeance seems slightly better built; equa-flex suspension, larger tires, laminated slide out walls, doors and walls, better system controls, etc. but at a significant price difference. The Wolf Pack, has a nice layout, doesn't seem too cheaply built but you could tell some corners were cut to lower the price 5K-7K vs. the Vengeance.

My question to those much more experience is are those Vengeance build upgrades worth it as far as value to dollars spent?

We would rather spend a little more for better build quality and longevity in the units.

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide. We are all ears!
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #2

I don't know the answer, but why not go yto the forum: Toyhaulers - XLR and ask Vengeance owners (no sub- forum for them) and also Wolfpack owners in their forum?
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:12 AM   #3

I am trying to find out the same thing. Did you buy one? If so which did you go with. The wolf pack 325 pack 13 has everything we are looking for but no one near us sells them.
Tablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #4

decision made

We did finally make a decision today and are going with a used Puma Unleashed 351 THSS. This was based on finding a great condition unit, already set up wtih e=track and chocks, plus the weight is slightly less than the Wolf Pack and we are towing with a GMC 2500HD.

The Wolf Pack had a few advantages over the Puma; we liked the rear sliding door and under body storage better. Quality wise they are similar, slight advantage on the Wolf Pack but very close.

Wolf Pack still a nice unit for the weight and price. We traveled VA, NC, MD to see and compare different units. Not having all brands, models in close proximity does make it problematic.

Good luck in your search.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

Congrats

I have been looking at the Puma as well. Decisions decisions! ENJOY!
Tablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:12 PM   #6

This is not a toy hauler, but we have a 2011 Puma 295bhk and love it. Have not had a single problem.
2011 Puma 295kbh
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
This is not a toy hauler, but we have a 2011 Puma 295bhk and love it. Have not had a single problem.
I hope ours is the same. Went over it carefully during PDI yesterday and found no problems. Thorough cleaning and double checking everything today at home and all seems a go. Looks like it has barely been used. Refrigerator and microwave look new. Shower still has stickers in it.

We did discover we are missing the remote control fd or the stereo/DVD unit and may try and locate one.

Hopefully we can get out and camp in it soon!

Tags
first time