Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #1

Ford Partner Program

We all know Ford and all vehicle companies give special pricing to employees under an A plan noted at the bottom of the invoice. Ford also has a partner program that is noted on the invoice as the X plan. Many companies and organizations are in the program. The only two I know are State Farm employees and DAV (Disabled American Veterans) members. Naturally, the X plan savings is determined by the vehicle being purchased.
If your employer or organization is a partner often that info is not shared. Ask, especially if you are not in the main or only office. All you do is get online and provide your organizations ID, print out a PIN # provided, and take it to your Ford/Lincoln dealer. Pick out a vehicle, show the PIN # and ask for the invoice to see your price and get all the incentives available to the public. Eligible people can purchase 2 vehicles annually for themselves or a member of their household.
I'm buying a new F350. X plan leaves nothing to negotiate other than trade in value.
The X plan on the F350 I chose eliminates almost $4000 from the MSRP so here is what I'm looking at;
X - plan -$4000
Lariet Rebate -$4750 ($3750 on XLT)
Military (veteran) rebate -$1000
Xplan bonus - $500
Doc fee savings -$400
Total -$10,650
Most dealers have a document fee of around $499. Under the X plan they cannot charge more than $100. Add the sales tax saved and the grand total is over $11,000.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #2

My son drives for Walmart and they have a discount like that. He just brought a Silverado 2500. He told me he could get me the same discount but as much as I want a new dually I want to see what it's like to have no payment

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #3

Xplan doc fees are up to $225. The $100 limit was increased a few years ago.

Xplan is great if you can't negotiate well or don't like to but you can get better then Xplan on Supersuty's all day long. Many get at least $1,000 under invoice before rebates where Xplan (without a Xplan bonus rebate) is about $100 over invoice.

It is all about whether you want to play the game or just walk in and get a fair price already determined by Ford.

You can also request a brochure on Ford's website and many times they will include a $750 rebate inside of it when they mail it that is good on xplan as well. I got a $2,500 one that way but I know people in Ford that has that power lol.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #4

X plan not what it once was.

I have worked for the same company of over 30 years and as long as I can remember we have received the Ford Xplan as an employee perk. Early on it was the way to go, it offered a haggle free price that was really hard to beat, you just had to deal on the trade if you had one. In the last 10 years in my experience it has become a waste of time and an easy way to cost yourself a lot of money if not careful. Ford sales programs have become so convoluted with end of year model deals and "special" deals that unless you buy at year end or into the next year you are probably paying too much or you are losing money if you buy earlier in the year.

Please don't take it that I am bashing Ford, I have owned many over the years and most were very good vehicles. My most recent experience was 3 weeks ago, I printed out my pin went shopping and it was a nightmare, tried to speculate year end prices so I wouldn't get burnt too bad and no go. Just couldn't part with my money and watch the vehicle value drop 3 to 5k by year end. Ended up buying another brand because I just wouldn't let them get in my pockets that deep, not just one but three separate dealers in 3 different towns.

Ok so what is my point...... The Xplan used to mean something, now in most cases it is just a middle of the road random number on a piece of paper. It means if you are willing to give them that much they will sure take your money.

Just an opinion......that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks....
Lazyboy Recliner replaced Back two chairs.....
J-N-D Wtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 04:39 AM   #5

I like the plan. The price is set by ford at 2% above employee cost. Just my two cents.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-N-D Wtexas View Post
I have worked for the same company of over 30 years and as long as I can remember we have received the Ford Xplan as an employee perk. Early on it was the way to go, it offered a haggle free price that was really hard to beat, you just had to deal on the trade if you had one. In the last 10 years in my experience it has become a waste of time and an easy way to cost yourself a lot of money if not careful. Ford sales programs have become so convoluted with end of year model deals and "special" deals that unless you buy at year end or into the next year you are probably paying too much or you are losing money if you buy earlier in the year.

Please don't take it that I am bashing Ford, I have owned many over the years and most were very good vehicles. My most recent experience was 3 weeks ago, I printed out my pin went shopping and it was a nightmare, tried to speculate year end prices so I wouldn't get burnt too bad and no go. Just couldn't part with my money and watch the vehicle value drop 3 to 5k by year end. Ended up buying another brand because I just wouldn't let them get in my pockets that deep, not just one but three separate dealers in 3 different towns.

Ok so what is my point...... The Xplan used to mean something, now in most cases it is just a middle of the road random number on a piece of paper. It means if you are willing to give them that much they will sure take your money.

Just an opinion......that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks....
Either you are confused on how the program works or the dealer didn't explain it properly.

X-plan is a set price set by Ford. The dealer can not charge a penny more or less. You are also entitled to all public rebates advertised with x-plan. So the process is simple..

you pay about $50-$90 above invoice, get a locked $225 admin fee for paperwork and you get all rebates Ford offers. It is a very simple and easy program to use.

But as I said, if you are a good negotiator, you can get it cheaper then X-plan on higher dollar vehicles because many dealers will dip into the holdback they get off the MSRP price.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #7

Many dealers like mine keep the admin fee at $100 as Ford adds $275 to that on their end.
Also, my dealer used NADA book (actually above) instead of Blackbook which is much lower. Depends on the dealer. May help I average 2 vehicles a year from him.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #8

Not trying to hit a nerve with my comments, I fully understand how the program works. The X-plan does not take into consider any dealer hold back or all the advertised rebates, I saw it in person up close three weeks ago. My point being don't go in blindly and say I want the X-plan, here is the number. Do your research and know what you should pay for the vehicle regardless of the any plan.
I live in an area that the dealers are stuck in the price market from two years ago, their overflow lots are full on new ford products and the bank parking lots are full of repossessed product and they refuse to deal. If I had purchased a vehicle from them for the x-plan price I would have taken the normal off the lot price hit and then another one in November when start dumping inventory. Just like right now Power Strokes are at their lowest price I have seen in 5 years with them trying to clear the lot for 2017 models. I think of the individuals that gave $10k more for there vehicles last year and the hit they would take if the sold it now. Sorry got off on a rant........

None the less X-plan can be good or bad. When i started using it years ago it was about the best you could do, now not so much. Again just my opinion.
Lazyboy Recliner replaced Back two chairs.....
J-N-D Wtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #9

If your company is setup like mine is, you can go online to a Ford website that will give you the price of the vehicle with all available incentives at the plan price. My company also has deals with Dodge and GM so I have a lot of options. I still choose to by a slightly used vehicle and find the pricing to be a much better deal in the long run.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #10

Back in 04 and 06 I used x plan to buy f350 crew cab diesels the savings nearly 7000 dollars the price of the diesel motor. Last year before buying a new gas 250 the price at the dealer was lower then the x plan price. The dealer has a window sticker in there file a A plan one and a X plan one make them show you it . Good luck but shop around
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired on a mountain View Post
Back in 04 and 06 I used x plan to buy f350 crew cab diesels the savings nearly 7000 dollars the price of the diesel motor. Last year before buying a new gas 250 the price at the dealer was lower then the x plan price. The dealer has a window sticker in there file a A plan one and a X plan one make them show you it . Good luck but shop around
A plan is for Ford employees, no one is getting A plan pricing unless you are an employee or relative of an employee. These are heavily audited and proof is required before a pin is generated.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #12

The plan for "other folks" is called the Friends and Family plan. Find a current Ford employee or a Ford retiree to get you a pin number for this plan. A friend of mine was able to get a better deal on his F350 diesel dually with the "at that time incentives" than with this plan. Just depends on the dealer and his inventory at the time.

Bob
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcamper47 View Post
The plan for "other folks" is called the Friends and Family plan. Find a current Ford employee or a Ford retiree to get you a pin number for this plan. A friend of mine was able to get a better deal on his F350 diesel dually with the "at that time incentives" than with this plan. Just depends on the dealer and his inventory at the time.

Bob
They will search a find a vehicle. The dealer that had the 350 my dealer went and picked up for me under the X plan had been visited. He was $7300 light on trade in...
Old 07-13-2016, 09:51 PM   #14

I can get X-Plan through work. When I went to upgrade to a 250, the dealer's "up front" price was about $500 less than X-Plan.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford