Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
Cool Forest River additional 12-month protection plan

I've been told that Forest River, Inc. offers something called "Additional 12-Month Optional Protection Plan for Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels". This plan extends the initial 12 month warrantee against manufacturing defects.

Does anyone here know who to call at Forest River to purchase this plan? I have call a couple of different phone numbers and I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot seem to get to the right person who will take my money. Come on Forest River, I want to give you $150... help me out here!
__________________

__________________
Scouter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,552
There should be a form in the paperwork you received from your dealer to fill in and send in along with your check. If not, ask him about it. While they state it must be sent in within 10 days of purchase of the rig, they generally allow you to get it as long as the first year hasn't expired.
__________________

__________________

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
milzat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,927
Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600
__________________
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
thanks

Thanks for such quick replies. I will try again to get hold of them. I received nothing from my dealer regarding this. When I asked them about it they said I needed to talk directly to Forest River. This doesn't seem to be the best way to promote this warrantee product in my humble opinion... it almost seems to me that they don't really want you to know about it. That's my experience anyway.
__________________
Scouter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,552
Some dealers have been known not to make the availability of the warranty known so they can sell you their own, often more expensive extended warranty. I'm not saying yours did this, but it can happen. In the case of my dealer, he paid the second year as part of the deal.
__________________

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter55 View Post
I've been told that Forest River, Inc. offers something called "Additional 12-Month Optional Protection Plan for Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels". This plan extends the initial 12 month warrantee against manufacturing defects.

Does anyone here know who to call at Forest River to purchase this plan? I have call a couple of different phone numbers and I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot seem to get to the right person who will take my money. Come on Forest River, I want to give you $150... help me out here!
Scouter if you haven't found what you need - I found the form here in a PDF file but can't figure out how to post it! If you will PM me with you e-mail address I will send it to you.
It is called Forest River Protection Plan. All I did was print the form out & send it & $150.00 to the address listed.
__________________
Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptypockets View Post
Scouter if you haven't found what you need - I found the form here in a PDF file but can't figure out how to post it! If you will PM me with you e-mail address I will send it to you.
It is called Forest River Protection Plan. All I did was print the form out & send it & $150.00 to the address listed.
Is the form on this site? If so, what thread is it under. I can post a link to it but don't know where it is.
__________________

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
miatared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 704
I do not have a blank form, but you can get one from Ms Sherri Hoover at Forest River - her email is : shoover@forestriverinc.com
I did everything by fax with her and paid with my credit card. She was a pleasure to deal with.
__________________
Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Is the form on this site? If so, what thread is it under. I can post a link to it but don't know where it is.
Hokiehall I just posted Forest River Protection Plan I think that is what he is looking for.
__________________
Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9
Could someone post this form again? My dealer seems to have "forgotten" about it.....
__________________

__________________
Frazior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.