Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #1

Cool Forest River additional 12-month protection plan

I've been told that Forest River, Inc. offers something called "Additional 12-Month Optional Protection Plan for Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels". This plan extends the initial 12 month warrantee against manufacturing defects.

Does anyone here know who to call at Forest River to purchase this plan? I have call a couple of different phone numbers and I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot seem to get to the right person who will take my money. Come on Forest River, I want to give you $150... help me out here!
Scouter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #2

There should be a form in the paperwork you received from your dealer to fill in and send in along with your check. If not, ask him about it. While they state it must be sent in within 10 days of purchase of the rig, they generally allow you to get it as long as the first year hasn't expired.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #3

Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #4

thanks

Thanks for such quick replies. I will try again to get hold of them. I received nothing from my dealer regarding this. When I asked them about it they said I needed to talk directly to Forest River. This doesn't seem to be the best way to promote this warrantee product in my humble opinion... it almost seems to me that they don't really want you to know about it. That's my experience anyway.
Scouter55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #5

Some dealers have been known not to make the availability of the warranty known so they can sell you their own, often more expensive extended warranty. I'm not saying yours did this, but it can happen. In the case of my dealer, he paid the second year as part of the deal.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter55 View Post
I've been told that Forest River, Inc. offers something called "Additional 12-Month Optional Protection Plan for Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels". This plan extends the initial 12 month warrantee against manufacturing defects.

Does anyone here know who to call at Forest River to purchase this plan? I have call a couple of different phone numbers and I am frustrated by the fact that I cannot seem to get to the right person who will take my money. Come on Forest River, I want to give you $150... help me out here!
Scouter if you haven't found what you need - I found the form here in a PDF file but can't figure out how to post it! If you will PM me with you e-mail address I will send it to you.
It is called Forest River Protection Plan. All I did was print the form out & send it & $150.00 to the address listed.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptypockets View Post
Scouter if you haven't found what you need - I found the form here in a PDF file but can't figure out how to post it! If you will PM me with you e-mail address I will send it to you.
It is called Forest River Protection Plan. All I did was print the form out & send it & $150.00 to the address listed.
Is the form on this site? If so, what thread is it under. I can post a link to it but don't know where it is.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #8

I do not have a blank form, but you can get one from Ms Sherri Hoover at Forest River - her email is : shoover@forestriverinc.com
I did everything by fax with her and paid with my credit card. She was a pleasure to deal with.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Is the form on this site? If so, what thread is it under. I can post a link to it but don't know where it is.
Hokiehall I just posted Forest River Protection Plan I think that is what he is looking for.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #10

Could someone post this form again? My dealer seems to have "forgotten" about it.....
Frazior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
Arn
Arn

I've been trying to contact Jonathan since September regarding extended warranty. He hung up on me once (or we were disconnected with a resounding "click") & has not returned any of my calls. I just called & left a message with Doug. Here's hoping he is a little more professional than his coworker. By the way Jonathan, if you guys screen these forums, you really dropped the ball on this one. If you'd like to make amends feel free to PM me.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #12

I spoke to Jonathan a few weeks back- he transfered me to somebody else after saying he doesn't deal with end consumers; he deals with the dealers.

At that point I was about the 3rd call he took- if he is getting swamped with calls that are not his job, I can understand if he is getting frustrated.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazior View Post
Could someone post this form again? My dealer seems to have "forgotten" about it.....
There's a good copy on post 18 of this thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...html#post54042

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote