Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #171

Sorry that the 2nd year warranty does not cover your model. Many buyers don't get extended service plans, they are very expensive and the dealer gets about 50% of the cost as a commission on the sale of them.
There are a number of companies that sell extended service agreements/extended warranties.
There is some excellent info on extended warranties/service agreements on the Excapee's website. They deal with do you need one, cost and what to look out for. Some don't cover frames etc so you must be careful to be sure you what is covered and more to the point, what is not covered.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
Sorry that the 2nd year warranty does not cover your model. Many buyers don't get extended service plans, they are very expensive and the dealer gets about 50% of the cost as a commission on the sale of them.
There are a number of companies that sell extended service agreements/extended warranties.
There is some excellent info on extended warranties/service agreements on the Excapee's website. They deal with do you need one, cost and what to look out for. Some don't cover frames etc so you must be careful to be sure you what is covered and more to the point, what is not covered.
well, to tell you the truth, i don't buy extended warranty for anything, i considered the one from forest river because it was only $150 for the 2nd year.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #173

Not only do the dealers take 50% on an extended warranty, they will also tell you if you sell your unit you can apply for a refund for the unused portion of the warranty. What they don't tell you is that refund is less the 50% they keep less a cancel penalty, less close out paper work. When we were expecting an $1800.00 refund, my calculations, we ended up with around $300.00. You can do a lot of repairs for the cost of the dealer offered extended warranty.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #174
Current River Rat

I picked up our new 2012 Grey Wolf on 3/14 and mailed in the form and check for the FR 2nd year coverage on 3/15 and the check has not cleared the bank yet nor have I received anything from FR. Has anyone had this kind of delay getting the 2nd year coverage processed? I'm a little concerned since it's been past the 10 day limit they require. If anyone has a number to call reference this I would appreciate getting it. A full 2nd year coverage for $150 is awesome and I'm a little puzzled why the check hasn't cleared yet. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #175

I sent mine in a couple days before you did and just got confirmation back last week. I would think you should be seeing it soon.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #176
DnJ

After reading several of the threads concerning FR's extended warranty, I contacted FR to sign up. I purchased a Surveyor SP 240 in April 2011 from Demartini RV in Grass Valley, CA. FR tells me that I should have purchased the extended warranty within 10 days of the initial purchase, and their extended warranty is not available to me. Unfortunately, the dealer made no mention of this when I purchased the trailer. This month they offered to sell me an after market policy for $1604 fo 4 years. That's not a bad price compared to Good Sam coverage at $691 for one year. However, it's still too much money, and I'll just take a chance that the slide out bearings don't break again. Anyway, if anyone is considering the purchase of an FR RV, don't rely on the dealer to tell you about the extended warranty, and be sure to contact FR within 10 days of your purchase.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #177
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnJ View Post
After reading several of the threads concerning FR's extended warranty, I contacted FR to sign up. I purchased a Surveyor SP 240 in April 2011 from Demartini RV in Grass Valley, CA. FR tells me that I should have purchased the extended warranty within 10 days of the initial purchase, and their extended warranty is not available to me. Unfortunately, the dealer made no mention of this when I purchased the trailer. This month they offered to sell me an after market policy for $1604 fo 4 years. That's not a bad price compared to Good Sam coverage at $691 for one year. However, it's still too much money, and I'll just take a chance that the slide out bearings don't break again. Anyway, if anyone is considering the purchase of an FR RV, don't rely on the dealer to tell you about the extended warranty, and be sure to contact FR within 10 days of your purchase.
You are coming up to a year but I would try calling FR again. You don't have anything to lose in giving it another try. Hope you get someone else this time...I got a different answer the second time I called but I wasn't as close to the 12 month period as you are.

Good luck.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
You can do a lot of repairs for the cost of the dealer offered extended warranty.
like replace all four of my tires which after 2000 miles in delivery were excessively worn on the outside treads because they shipped it with 41 lbs pressure in each tire - including the spare.

I've been attempting to get reimbursement for months with no luck.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #179
Current River Rat

Warranty update

Talked to Rhonda today, she handles the ext warranty processing, and she found my unit hadn't been registered as sold by the dealer yet. ?? 3/14 delivery. Called dealer and they say it has been processed, an online procedure, so they are going to call Rhonda and see if they can straighten it out. Also Rhonda says she has not received my application and check (it hasn't cleared the bank yet) so I guess the postal system is giving it the world tour first, Sheesh.... Rhonda will call me when dealer part is squared away and process mine by CC. Good contact at FR.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #180

2 year warranty

When I picked up my V-Cross on 2-17-2012, I had already spoke to the warranry person at Forest River and had already down loaded the 2nd year warranty form. The Forest River warranty person told me that the dealers are not required to tell you about the 2nd year warranty for $150.
My dealer said he didn't know about the 2nd year warranty from Forest River and tried real hard to sell me a 5 year extened warranty/service agreement for $1,750. The dealer did fill out the form and sent it to Forest River and I got it back, signed by Forest River in about 10 days.
Good Luck