Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #261

My son is buying a Puma travel trailer and it's made by Forest River. I wonder if they have a second year warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #262
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
My son is buying a Puma travel trailer and it's made by Forest River. I wonder if they have a second year warranty

Yes they do. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #263

Thanks

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:10 AM   #264

Thanks!

That is great information about the warranty. I declined the extended warranty cause there is such a markup on them and was gonna get one from a 3rd party but now I dont have to! Or at least, not right now..Thanks for sharing!!!
lalaw1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:28 AM   #265
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaw1917 View Post
That is great information about the warranty. I declined the extended warranty cause there is such a markup on them and was gonna get one from a 3rd party but now I dont have to! Or at least, not right now..Thanks for sharing!!!
what brand and model of RV do you have?

it's not available for some brands and only for towables.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #266

My issue is that I felt I was treated so unfairly on service by my dealer, Fun Town, that I am not sure I would want to take my camper back to them for service. If I am not able to get another dealer to do the warranty work, then even though I purchased the extra year of warranty I feel like I have no warranty. I guess if something big come up, I would just twist my own arm and make myself take the camper to Fun Town for service, but I am really not sure I trust to guys.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
My issue is that I felt I was treated so unfairly on service by my dealer, Fun Town, that I am not sure I would want to take my camper back to them for service. If I am not able to get another dealer to do the warranty work, then even though I purchased the extra year of warranty I feel like I have no warranty. I guess if something big come up, I would just twist my own arm and make myself take the camper to Fun Town for service, but I am really not sure I trust to guys.
I called FR and asked them to find a dealer to help me, they arranged for two different ones. I never had to go back to the selling dealer. But the latest thing now is that dealers will not work on any units they didn't sell they even put signs out stating that. But FR still has some pull with the dealers, I'm sure this new move, during the winter will hurt some of these dealers and some are smart enough to realize that. I talked to one of the head cheeses from FR last year about this. He said he would call the dealer for me, (well I said right to myself) well about a month later I got a letter from that dealer with an apologize attached for there put off and there terrible repair work, I say get a hold of FR,,,,

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #268

Thank you for that information.

The factory did a very poor job sealing the corners of my roof. Fun Town did a good job at going back and correcting that. However, they also pealed off the sealant on the front of the roof and replaced it. Actually, it seemed that the factory did a very good job sealing that area. However, Fun Town did a very poor job sealing that area.

So, I ended up not as well off as I was when Fun Town started.

I have a tub of Dicor so I can go fix it up my self once it is less than 100 degrees outside. But, this plus the very poor ability of Fun Town to return a phone call or give a status of a repair job makes me want to be very careful going back there.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #269

With all the issues the second year warranty is good but after that your on your own most camper components have a two year warranty (ac heater fridge ) look in your paper work most components have warranty cards that should be filled out. My second year warranty dose not cover any defects in cushions trim moldings ect ect only major components. I however did buy an extended warranty as like I did with our fith wheel camper in 06 and it paid for itself the second year saving me over 6 grand worth of repairs. Just like an automobile after the factory warranty is up your on your own then when it brakes and it will I will be covered. My 7 year warranty cost me 1.967 from our dealer . Got a quote from another extended warranty company and two years less coverage only 575 cheaper. The money we all spend to buy and maintain these rolling summer homes an aftermarket extended warranty is well worth the money.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:01 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
Check your private messages.
Why the secrets?
Mitral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #271

Am into 40 plus days with new Flagstaff. Forgot about the FR warranty that was filled out by dealer during walk through. Called FR warranty folks today, they gave me 10 days to get check into them. On another note, mentioned issue with dealer over new water heater not working on propane on our maiden voyage. Dealer was unwilling to repair or send me the part, seems the flame detector is bad, unit lights then goes right out. After an hour from talking to FR, dealer called, appoliged for issue with water heater, will be overnighting part tomorrow. Guess FR warmed the dealer up a bit. Go FR,
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #272

Total loss

Hi Everyone,
We bought our Mini lite 21ft in April 2016, we have been planning a trip to Yellowstone for over a year now and sad to say on July 01 we had a group of Motorcycles pass us on a blind turn and caused a horrific accident that caused a total loss on our trailer.
I phoned headquarters today and asked if it was possible to get our refund of 150.00 back. I was told that it is their policy never to refund a customer.I do realize that we acknowledged that this was a non refundable warranty and non transferable, we are disappointed not to even get a second trip on our rig.
We haven't decided to purchase another rig in this late of our season as we are still battling with insurance, and white knuckles behind the wheel.
Have a amazing rest of the summer or winter and be safe on the roads.
Tracy
Rodgers1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:11 AM   #273

Tracy, I feel your pain as we loss both our tv, a 2011 Chevy 2500, and a 2012 Flagstaff when we were cut off by a 18 wheeler in NC on June 6,2016. Learned a lot about insurance that I really did not want to know. I had a extended warranty with Progressive and they did refund the balance of policy, took 5 plus weeks. Was able to find a 2013 2500 GMC that local dealer had just taken in on trade, networking and a lot of phone calls made this happen. Insurance paid basically Blue book and add on such as air bags were greatly depreciated and items like mud flaps did not get money. Did get insurance to pay the sales tax on total vehicle which was a big savings as it worked as a trade in for tax purposes. Ran electronics such as TPMS, GPS and backup camera on homeowners, got $100 each for these. Good news in they gave full replacement value on DWs scooter.
On tt, Good SAMs paid full replacement on the new tt including sales tax. Did not give much on JT Strongarms or Blue Ox systems, these were greatly depreciated. Did get $3000 for Personnal effects in tt after providing an extensive list of items lost, such as mattress upgrade, kitchen toys that got crushed. Word to wise, keep receipts and document all add ons to rv. Hard to remember items you got a couple of years ago.
Good luck to you, it is a long tiring process. After 2 months finally got last check, now dealing with getting new tt back up to speed with creature comforts we had in former tt. Good side of it all we both walked away with air bag bruises and a very shook puppy dog, and I woke up looking at the greener side of grass. Trooper who worked accident was amazed that one or both were not serious hurt or worse. God was with us, not our time. Again, sorry for your loss, have patience and have a blessed day.

Dave
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #274

Just got back from my dealer after having some work done under the FR second year warranty (have owned the RV for a year and a half). Main issues were the Dometic awning motor died and had to have the bathroom countertop replaced due to a delam issue. All told labor and parts totaled $835.61 of which I paid nothing except for when I originally purchased the one year extension. Best $150 I ever spent.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #275

Extra Year Warranty

Hello all! So, I recently purchased a 2017 sandstorm 210SLC and have been reading these forums on the extra year warranty and other useful information. When i mentioned this extra year warranty to the dealer, they said to contact FR and they would provide me with the info. So, I contacted FR and the socal sandstorm rep, who was kinda rude BTW said they don't offer the extra year warranty direct and the dealer should offer it. He said the toy hauler ships with the extra year warranty paper all filled out. The toy hauler didn't have this with all the paperwork, and the dealer either took it out of the package and lied to me, or the paperwork was never included, however they did offer me an extended warranty for only $1600. The RV dealer was VERY nice when taking my money, but now that they have my money they are not returning my phone call regarding the warranty and another issue with the toy hauler. If it is this difficult to get information on the extra year warranty between the dealer and manufacturer, I'm wondering how difficult its going to be to get service if something goes wrong!! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Deserthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #276
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserthauler View Post
Hello all! So, I recently purchased a 2017 sandstorm 210SLC and have been reading these forums on the extra year warranty and other useful information. When i mentioned this extra year warranty to the dealer, they said to contact FR and they would provide me with the info. So, I contacted FR and the socal sandstorm rep, who was kinda rude BTW said they don't offer the extra year warranty direct and the dealer should offer it. He said the toy hauler ships with the extra year warranty paper all filled out. The toy hauler didn't have this with all the paperwork, and the dealer either took it out of the package and lied to me, or the paperwork was never included, however they did offer me an extended warranty for only $1600. [Dealer name removed at request of Original Poster] was VERY nice when taking my money, but now that they have my money they are not returning my phone call regarding the warranty and another issue with the toy hauler. If it is this difficult to get information on the extra year warranty between the dealer and manufacturer, I'm wondering how difficult its going to be to get service if something goes wrong!! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Deserthauler, welcome to Forest River and to the forums.

You can find information about the second year warranty, including pricing and application form, under the "NEWS" link on the FROG (Forest River Owners' Group) website at http://www.forestriverfrog.com. Most but not all of our towable divisions offer the second year warranty. Sandstorm is among those that offer it.

There's information in the article on the "NEWS" link on whom to contact. You need to do it within 90 days of purchase.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Deserthauler, welcome to Forest River and to the forums.

You can find information about the second year warranty, including pricing and application form, under the "NEWS" link on the FROG (Forest River Owners' Group) website at www.forestriverfrog.com. Most but not all of our towable divisions offer the second year warranty. Sandstorm is among those that offer it.

There's information in the article on the "NEWS" link on whom to contact. You need to do it within 90 days of purchase.
Mr. Byrne, Thank you for this information! I wonder why the forest river sales rep gave me such a hard time about something that was this simple? We are excited to take our new toy hauler on our very first trip next weekend.
Deserthauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:46 AM   #278

If that is all you have . get it. it is worth the money .
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #279

We fall into the lucky group I suppose.

When we picked up our '17 Grey Wolf the dealer told us about the 2nd year warranty and part of their perk of buying a trailer from them they pay the $150 (I'm sure we paid for it), but we wouldn't have known about it beforehand.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #280

warranty must do

we're purchasing a Wildwood 407reds park model, haven't been told about the 2nd yr thru forest river only the extended dealer 7 yr warranty for $3400.00. since we're getting the park model going in for inspections isn't really going to happen. I don't have any paperwork on the warranties (final papers to be signed later this week) does anyone have any info on the basic requirements to maintain the warranties? I think it would be simple, no annual inspection no warranty , yes / no?
ywgbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty