Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by dball View Post
Thanks for the info! Purchased our 29rlws on 1/22 and dealer made no mention of the FR extended warranty. We have had multiple TT in the past 25 years so we knew to join user groups. Saw your information, contacted FR and Deb the Warranty Logistics person was very helpfull ! Check and form in mail 4 hours after seeing your post!
thanks again!

Our experience was about the same. Our dealer made zero mention of the extended warranty from Forest River. They did however push and push and push us to buy their extended warranty for $2795. haha No thanks.

I called forest river warranty, they emailed me the form and we sent it in. Piece of cake. And very nice people to deal with in the warranty dept.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:41 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloNDark View Post
Our experience was about the same. Our dealer made zero mention of the extended warranty from Forest River. They did however push and push and push us to buy their extended warranty for $2795. haha No thanks.

I called forest river warranty, they emailed me the form and we sent it in. Piece of cake. And very nice people to deal with in the warranty dept.
X's 2 on this it seems we all been through it, but thanks to this forum we all find out. Best 150.00 dollars I have spent...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #193
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

I had done my home work and found out about the extended warranty. It pays to read up on brochures. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
X's 2 on this it seems we all been through it, but thanks to this forum we all find out. Best 150.00 dollars I have spent...
Glenn I will let you spend 100.00$ on Drinks,and then tell you "it's the Best 100.00$ you ever spent"! The F/R warr.is second best! Youroo!!
Old 02-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #195

Good Sam Offers a better extended warranty.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #196

Thanks, I've been a member for about 20 years. I'll have to check out their ext warranty. I've had the road service for about 5 years
Old 02-14-2016, 05:12 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornemp View Post
Good Sam Offers a better extended warranty.
I can't see how being it's the same as the first year. bumper to bumper as they say no deductibles..
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #198

Thank you to all of your post about the 2 year warranty. We were in the middle of finalizing our paperwork and I had this nagging gut instinct NOT to buy the extended contract. Ignoring my gut and going forth with the great Finance managers lead we said yes. It only made a difference in our payment by 13.00. (Ok I can do without a Starbucks).
The dealership we dealt with out sources their finance office as many of them do now, so we were able to disconnect the call and discuss what we really felt. This is when we let our fingers do the walking and found all of your suggestions in the Forum on the 2nd year for 150.00. Immediately I called FR and yes indeed we were able to have the paperwork emailed over and had it sent in the mail back to them in less that 30 min. I contacted the finance dept and he then recontracted our loan.
You may all know that after the 2 years is up you will ALWAYS have the options to purchase another one (aftermarket not a FR) when this run out.
Do not get caught up in this. Use your manufacture as much as possible and not a aftermarket.
Can't wait to use our new trailer
Old 02-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #199

Congratulations on the new RV and getting the 2nd year warranty from FR. As Gljurczyk mentions above, best $150 you can spend.
Once you get all your paperwork you will see an offer directly from Dometic to extend the refrigerator warranty for an additional 3 years for a total of 5. A similar one is available for the A/C.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #200

Just submitted my FR extended warranty paperwork this past week. I'll be on the lookout for the those other offers on the fridge and AC. Good to know.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty