Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscott87 View Post
Just emailed one of FR reps listed here. We also purchased recently (June 10th) and it was one of the things included by our dealer, telling us of it and giving us the form. We'll see...
From speaking with our Dealer, they weren't completely aware of this change either. They stated they didn't receive the Cut-Off Memo until a week after the OPP was discontinued. We even got the OPP paperwork from the Dealer upon our purchase on June 2nd, but was still a no-go to enroll in. And that was after contacting Kelly Mosher.

So to answer your "purchase date" question. That would be a "NO". Just a few days too late, like ourselves.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #442

Forest River Extended Warranty (New Owners Read!)

Kelly responded already this morning to my email. It wasn't a definitive answer but that she has been told they'll still honor new OPP purchases and believes a complete transition will occur next month to eliminate the OPP, so to send it in ASAP. That's good by me, as I was going to send it anyway and see what happens.
sscott87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #443

Cool! I will send mine in as well then. It's too bad that when different parties contact Kelly, we are getting mixed messages. There seems to be no direct and definitive answer. Thanks for the update sscott87. Much appreciated!

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
Old 06-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #444
Sham183

I sent mine in just to see what happens. If I get it cool if not oh well. We will see
mopwr4me2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:52 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopwr4me2003 View Post
I sent mine in just to see what happens. If I get it cool if not oh well. We will see

Same here. I decided to drop mine in the mail this morning. So we will wait and see. If you, or sscot87, get a reply.....yay or nay, would appreciate hearing back, and I'll do the same.

I'm more curious as to who gets one....and who doesn't now.

My purchase date was June 2nd.
sscot87 was June 10th., and I know you stated yours was recent as well.

Thanks

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
Old 06-19-2017, 03:54 PM   #446

I emailed Mrs. Beer stating I purchased on May 18th, received a reply today stating any purchase after June 1 could not be processed, her reply asked what state I was in and I replied with Missouri. Her final email said Missouri was good to go to purchase the OPP so long as I purchased prior to June 1st and included the forms. I hope she was incorrect for your sakes. The 2nd year option was a big reason I stuck with Forest River over a manufacture with a standard 2 year.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:06 PM   #447

I purchased mine on May 24th. Sent my form in on June 2. Got my signed form from Forest River in the mail today.
mblee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
Okay so my experience seems to mirror that of many new Forest River purchasers; dealer tries to pressure you to purchase a high cost aftermarket warranty ($1,650 in my case) but doesn't mention a word about the $150 Forest River 1-year factory warranty extension!! Thankfully, I did not buy the aftermarket offering, and found this forum. I found a thread about the topic "Forest River Extended Warranty" and it peaked my interest, so I called Forest River. Yes, indeed, they offer new camper purchasers a 1-year factory warranty extension (2-year total) for $150 within the first 10-days of purchase!

If you have just purchased a new Forest River trailer and were not told about a 1-year extension on your factory warranty contact Forest River immediately! As I said, you only have 10-days from purchase to do it! Not every Forest River brand is eligible, and while it seems that most here including me have paid $150, some brands/models could be more. Bottom line, it seems many dealers are trying to make money from high price aftermarket warranty plans and don't bother to mention this very low cost factory warranty extension. Shameful !

Our TT is a Cherokee Grey Wolf. The Grey Wolf Warranty Rep is Marc Vendi, Tel: 260-593-4001 His e-mail is: mvendl@forestriverinc.com Marc was very helpful. After determining I was still inside my 10-day window, he e-mailed me the form to complete and mail back with my $150 check. I'm attaching the form here in hopes it will help other new owners. Owner for 5-days and very satisfied with Forest River's customer service so far!
Great tip! I learned about Forest River's Extended Warranty in this Forum last year prior to clinching the deal on my Salem 26TBUD. The dealer tried to sell me the Cadillac warranty, no doubt to get a commission. When I asked about the Forest River extended warranty, he reached into the drawer and pulled one out that was already filled out with my name! Can you imagine? I have no doubt but that he would not have mentioned it had I fell for his sales pitch.
Crbacsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #449

Well me and DW has bragged on our Creek at the factory to Denise Davis, nice lady to deal with, well all Cedar Creek has treated me great but when I get ready to trade I'll look at Jayco or just keep what I have. That's why more than one company sells rv's
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #450

Extended Warranty

Forest River no longer offers this 1 year extended warranty as of May 31 2017 called 206-499-2100 spoke with Forest River Rep

Thanks Joe
JoeyD1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #451

Well, here's an update. Even though Forest River said I was good, send us your check, they just sent it back. Like dealing with the government!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3433.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	143160
Dirk Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #452

My check hasn't been cashed as of yet, and nothing received in the mail from them. They received it last Tuesday. Waiting, wondering and hoping it works out.
sscott87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #453

Still available per FR website.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:26 PM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt View Post
Well, here's an update. Even though Forest River said I was good, send us your check, they just sent it back. Like dealing with the government!Attachment 143160

Interesting that the letter states "not in this state". Meaning your residing state of Arkansas. Another member stated that his residing state of Missouri "was accepted". He also purchased before June 1st as well, so he was already good to go.

Well, Hell.......... I'm in Illinois, and we all know Illinois can't even get their act together to even pass a Budget. I am so screwed!!!!!

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
Old 06-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipcoo15 View Post
Thanks for the GREAT info , was just about ready to spend $3200.00 on an extension tomorrow. I will ask them about the forest river extension, if I get no feed back I will copy form , and mail it in with check. Thanks again. Great forum. Bringing home my new Cardinal 3250rl ( mocha Pearl) tomorrow

Did get extended warranty for 150.00 , sorry to hear about problems with new buyers . I cannot see how this is good for Forest River
Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #456

[QUOTE=SidecarFlip;1536302]Like I posted way back when (on the first page)... in reply to Bob's initial post abut the discontinuation of the extended warranty... Real simple

FR knows they have a quality in build issue (on all models from all divisions) some divisions are better than others but all need to improve. However..

To mitigate their losses on warranty related work and to bolster their P on their P&L statements, they have decided to eliminate the extended warranty... and

Are using whatever excuse they can come up with as a 'sound basis' or at least a good sounding basis for the policy change.

FR's financial owner, Berkshire Hathaway and more directly Warren Buffet is all about making money, what they do and do well. In fact I hold their stock because it's a sound investment.....so, you have 2 choices....

You either buy from another manufacturer that offers an extended warranty, that has confidence in their products and will stand behind them..... or

Quit whining and man up and deal with it.

If you deal with it, make doubly sure you do a thorough PDI with the dealer and submit any warranty related claims in the 365 day warranty period.

If you don't want to deal with it, buy another brand from another manufacturer. FR isn't the only game in town, by a long shot.

Ain't no point in crying. No going to do one iota of good except wet your hanky.:

Bottom line, this cannot be a good thing for forest River ,period. I owned a cardinal , which is suppose to be one of their better units, warranty work has been a joke to get taken care of
Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #457

Pipcoo, don't think it's a matter of whining or crying about this, it's just information for people to consider. Most dealers were still telling customers that they could get the extended coverage, as well as Forest River warranty reps up until at least June 15th.
Dirk Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:05 AM   #458
Georgia Rally Coordinator

You can buy any camper you want but no guarantee here either that all will be fixed and camper not defect free. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
Interesting that the letter states "not in this state". Meaning your residing state of Arkansas. Another member stated that his residing state of Missouri "was accepted". He also purchased before June 1st as well, so he was already good to go.

Well, Hell.......... I'm in Illinois, and we all know Illinois can't even get their act together to even pass a Budget. I am so screwed!!!!!
I would be the Missouri member. My check was cashed yesterday....but as stated above I did purchase prior to June 1st (purchased May 18th) and was told being a Missouri resident I would be accepted since I purchased prior to June 1st.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:25 AM   #460

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I Agree 100% Forest River should have a 2 year Warranty as "Standard" the Buyer is going to Pay Anyway,Forest River will not Take the Hit! Then we can "Eliminate " all the Posts about "My Dealer Didn't Tell Me about the 2nd year Warranty for $$$"! This would also Wipe Away the Crap about the "Government NOT Allowing This Option",Do you Really think that the Government would CARE if Forest River RVs have a "Standard 2 Year Warranty"? No wonder Members are becoming "SOBs"! This "Smells Very Bad" in Regards to Forest River! Youroo!!

I bought SOB because quality was better IMHO. Second year warranty is nice and free service at the rally is nice but to have to travel to Goshen for it is another thing entirely. Rally with fun people is the reason we went back! Not service!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty