Old 11-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #41
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
I am picking up my new Forester MH on Thursday. Of course after reading the forum I asked about 2nd year warranty for $150. I was told by the first person that she didn't know anything about that. I would like to initiate a call to FR to get a form coming my direction. Is it okay to call the numbers above even though they do not cover the Forester line?
Looking at the FR web site there isn't a number to be found to start out with!

Many thanks.
Don't believe the MH's qualify for the 2nd year warranty.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality Ayn Rand
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #42
They do not cover the Motorhomes, Only TT and 5vers.
I really cant see why they dont but Mr Clemens has pushed for it but they wont do it, Raise the fee up a bit, $300.00 would still be a good deal,

Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #43
Thanks everyone. Mr. Clemens PM'd me and let me know. I am exploring my other options. Thanks again.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #44
Glad that I came upon this thread! We purchased our first TT in November and am storing it at the dealer for the winter, when I asked the owner about when the warranty would kick in he said as soon as I pay for the trailer meaning it would sit for 5 months and not have been used, when asked about other warranty's he tried to sell me a 3rd party one.
WELL thanks to this forum I contacted FR and Rhonda sent me an email saying that the new warranty will kick in as soon as I TAKE the TT OFF the dealer lot no sooner and the second yr is available for $150.00

Thanks for this information......Starting to suspect what I already knew that RV dealers can be a bit like used car lots......Just saying after all we looked at TT for 2 yrs and sometimes we felt like we needed a shower after leaving certain dealers
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #45
Didn't read the entire thread, but...

Just in case it's not mentioned, you need to make sure you get the completed form back from Forest River for the warranty to be authorized. On our last camper, it more than paid for itself with an issue we had with our superslide.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #46
Yep, the second year for 150 is a no-brainer and for those with fiberglass front caps watch for oxidation or fading, a major expense to get it painted, get it in for before the warranty expires....
Mike, Lisa and Jake
2002 Ford F250 CC 7.3
2013 Wildcat Sterling 32RL
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #47
Love My Sunseeker
And, for anyone who missed it earlier, the second year warranty only applies to TRAILERS, not to MOTORHOMES.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #48
Add Flagg RV in Massachusetts to the list of dealers who won't tell you about the extended warranty in the hopes you will buy their expensive plan.
the8re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #49
Originally Posted by tri5ford View Post
Hi All,
My dealer, Ted's RV Land, Paynesville MN, told me about the factory extended warranty right up front when I bought my '14 Villa Estate 394 FKDS.
This is good news, I'm going to pickup our sierra 380bh5 this coming Monday

2008 Chevy Dmax CCSB
2015 Sierra 380bh5
mustardbucket107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #50
I directly asked my dealership if there was a second year warranty that I could buy from Forest River and they said they never heard of it. They did not try to sell me anything either. So I just walked out with the 1 year only.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river, warranty