Old 02-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I directly asked my dealership if there was a second year warranty that I could buy from Forest River and they said they never heard of it. They did not try to sell me anything either. So I just walked out with the 1 year only.

Vin.
The Forest River 2nd year warranty is pretty much a waste of $150.00. Most of the items covered by the 2nd year warranty are covered by the manufacturers warranty for at least 2 years or more. Example , Coleman Ac comes with a 2 year

Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrrtt View Post
The Forest River 2nd year warranty is pretty much a waste of $150.00. Most of the items covered by the 2nd year warranty are covered by the manufacturers warranty for at least 2 years or more. Example , Coleman Ac comes with a 2 year
I respectively disagree.
2nd year coverage should be bought.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I respectively disagree.
Could you explain why it should be bought ?

I actually bought the warranty myself. But after really looking at the coverage I regret it .
Old 02-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #54

Quote:

I actually bought the warranty myself. But after really looking at the coverage I regret it .
I bought the 2nd year and to me it was the same as the first year. I had a TV replaced, a convertor, slides adjusted, resealed windows and roof area, replaced my sirius xm and repaired some trim. I would buy again in a hot second......
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #55
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I bought the 2nd year and to me it was the same as the first year. I had a TV replaced, a convertor, slides adjusted, resealed windows and roof area, replaced my sirius xm and repaired some trim. I would buy again in a hot second......
What he said ^^^^^^^^
Old 02-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #56

I didn't buy the warranty on mine and only had the furnace repaired after the first year. It was covered under it's respective warranty. It went out after 1 year and 360 days. The warranty is a gamble. In my case I don't have slides or TV or sirius XM. Other people might be handy enough to make other repairs to it or store it inside. It's a personal preference based on your needs. That's my two cents.

Either way I don't think it's a total waste but it may work out that you spend the cash and never get a return on it. That's not really a bad thing when you consider you spent thousands of dollars buying the trailer.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #57

Quote:
I respectively disagree.
I'll second that! The second year warranty covers all those things outside of appliance manufacturer's warranties... I can list off a dozen campers I know personally who really were lucky they spent the $150. Let's see, one electric stabilizer assembly $550 + labor - covered; faded front cap - prep, repaint and finishing for $868 - covered; roof deck board curled at edge requiring complete new roof for over $1k - covered; Roo 23SS bunk door issue required new front cap, new doors, new heated mattresses and rebuilt cabinetry - covered and performed at factory; delamination of one side requiring slide room removal and replacement of whole side - covered and completed at factory; and, since you are new, just search the forum and you will see what's been covered.

$150 is nothing compared to these. If you were talking about the aftermarket warranties dealers push for $1000 and up, I'd agree. However, $150 can pay for itself with simply having two cabinet doors come apart along with a piece of photolam countertop bubble up. Ask me how I know...
Old 02-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
I'll second that! The second year warranty covers all those things outside of appliance manufacturer's warranties... I can list off a dozen campers I know personally who really were lucky they spent the $150. Let's see, one electric stabilizer assembly $550 + labor - covered; faded front cap - prep, repaint and finishing for $868 - covered; roof deck board curled at edge requiring complete new roof for over $1k - covered; Roo 23SS bunk door issue required new front cap, new doors, new heated mattresses and rebuilt cabinetry - covered and performed at factory; delamination of one side requiring slide room removal and replacement of whole side - covered and completed at factory; and, since you are new, just search the forum and you will see what's been covered.

$150 is nothing compared to these. If you were talking about the aftermarket warranties dealers push for $1000 and up, I'd agree. However, $150 can pay for itself with simply having two cabinet doors come apart along with a piece of photolam countertop bubble up. Ask me how I know...

How long ago was this warranty work done?

The extra warranty that they offer now does not cover most of what you just listed.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #59
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
I respectively disagree.
DITTO!
we had a number of things fixed under the 2nd year warranty, that were not things that had its own separate warranty.
It was tongue to bumper, just like the first year warranty.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #60
Site Team

Quote:
How long ago was this warranty work done?

The extra warranty that they offer now does not cover most of what you just listed.
I have the second year warranty purchased in July 2014. It is same as first year warranty.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty

« Drill Advice | - »