Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #101
Longhornfamily

Ext warranty

Just signed and picked up our tt from Funtown this afternoon. I waited for them to tell us about the FR ext warranty but they never did. When I asked they said there was a 4 and 7 year ext warranty available, never mentioned the $150 deal. In their defense, they never tried to sell me an ext warranty. When I asked, She simply said there was a 4 and 7 year available, but never mentioned price or pushed us to buy it. Overall we had a good exp with them. Did a great job showing us how everything worked.
thbcthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbcthomas View Post
We are going to pick up our new 2015 Wildwood 31 BKIS on Wednesday the 1st. I am curious if our dealer, Funtown in Cleburne, will mention the 2nd year warranty. Anyone have experience with them?
I bought 2 RVs from Funtown (Waco office) and they NEVER mentioned the 2nd year warranty while hard selling the Diamond Elite $3,000+ warranty!
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #103

Dealers get a nice commission from 3rd party after market warranties but not from the FR extended warranty.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:19 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhudg View Post
Like a few others, my dealer was a little slow to get me info on the FR extended warranty but I finally got the form from him.

Lo and behold, the price listed is $250 not $150 as everyone has been using here as the cost. This makes what was to be a simple decision, somewhat harder for me.

Is the cost different based on the model of trailer you bought?

[Update: Never mind. I see on a generic form that someone posted that different trailers have different warranty costs.]

I had
Diane from forest river warranty call me and she said the hyperlites were 250 . don't know if that covers other models prices . I will find out next week when i pick up my TH will decide then if it's worth it . it would need to cover the entire unit and appliances etc
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #105

Considering the bad publicity dealers get from concealing the fact, one might think they'd find an extended warranty starting in year 3 and market that along with providing information about the FR extension. That would present the image of wanting to give the customer the best possible deal, while possibly making a sale on the after-market extended warranty.

BTW, the FR extended warranty form was buried in my owner packet. Granted, it's hard to find anything there among the pile of badly photocopied pages.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #106

I sent my check in on time and got it back with a nice note telling me the offer doesn't apply to Dynamax units.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:34 PM   #107
Go Pack Go!!

Forest River emailed me the app this morning, along with the models it covers. Most are $150, several are $250, 2 at $100 and Shasta at $200.

Wildwood Lodge at $150, which is what I am sending in for. It says they in the literature they no longer hold people to the 10 day timeframe.

Very helpful.
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #108

I sent my check in and just got it back yesterday. It seems that the Forest River Extended Warranty is not available on Forest River Dyanamax products.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:54 PM   #109
Go Pack Go!!

I do not see Dynamax units on the list they sent me. There are a total of 28 brands on the list.
codespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #110

MMattox & SilverbackMel I think he knew about the warranty too, but no matter, we are to sign the paper when we pick up the trailer tomorrow, or at least do the walkthrough. Hopefully everything will be ok! Am going to take a list with us so we can be sure to check everything we can find. I am sure by now the dealer wants to get rid of us as we much as we do him. I am sure that he made a ton of money from us that he shouldn't need more from the sale of duratain and extended warranty, but that is their job I guess. I will make sure the check gets made out to Forest River as well. Still waiting to hear if the funds were removed from our loan. I just am not too trusting of this dealer anymore. We are planning on taking 4 weeks after school gets out and go somewhere, still working on those details. Would have liked to go somewhere next week when the boys are on spring break, but hubby is taking the 4 weeks in June/July so can't take anymore right now. Appreciate all the help and advice everyone has given us!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by codespy View Post
I do not see Dynamax units on the list they sent me. There are a total of 28 brands on the list.
Even after purchasing the extra year are FR owners still going with the Good Sam, Extra Ride, Wholesale Warrantys ect.?
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:29 PM   #112
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyG View Post
I sent my check in and just got it back yesterday. It seems that the Forest River Extended Warranty is not available on Forest River Dyanamax products.
As has been said before, the 2nd year FR warranty is not available on motorized units nor the recently acquired divisions: Dynamax, Coachmen, PrimeTime and Shasta.

When FR acquired them, they all only offered one year warranties and I guess FR decided to keep it like that.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #113

Anyone that has done warranty work on their RV, what was the process? Did you just take it in and say I need this fixed? Or did you have to get authorization through Forest River? I already have the 2 year extension warranty...but about to take it in for a few things.
cjb2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #114

I had minor warrent work. Just took it to my dealer that I bought it from. They handled it all.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #115

I am another one who knew nothing about the 2nd yr. warranty until I saw the thread on the Forum. Thanks to all who posted. On the plus side, the people I spoke to at Forest River about this couldn't have been nicer to deal with.
My insurance agent had advised me of a warranty type product underwritten by Progressive Insurance. I'll look further into this when my 2nd yr. warranty is set to expire.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #116

talk to dealer first
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #117

No Good San warranty until the two years of Forest River warranty are ended. I will get a quote only after the two years with Forest River. If you go with a Good Sam warranty one day one you are wasting those two years of coverage because Forest River will pay for claims during the first two years and not Good Sam.
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #118

OK.. trailer delivered and starting to fill out the 2nd year warranty paperwork. It ask for a unit serial number. Can anyone tell mW where it might be located on a cedar creek. Looked at info tag on side of trailer but no sn there.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #119

I believe the vin # is what they are asking for
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #120

VIN

Your number is on your sales receipt and on the license application. If you want to match it, look on the lower front roadside corner of the fifth wheel.
FYI, there are manuals you can download and have at your disposal as well as what came with the RV.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty