Old 02-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Its a personal choice to purchase the 2nd year warranty. If you don't need it then I can understand why you would think it's a waste of money (for you).

On the other hand like many here I also did invest in the 2nd year coverage. Whether or not I got my full $150 worth out of it I got my peace of mind and that alone was well worth the little cost for me.
This is the Corner I am in! Youroo!!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #72
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is the Corner I am in! Youroo!!
I'll sit next 2 you.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #73

We bought an extended warranty in 2008 for our Georgetown 374TS....and since then have had more than $7000 of warranty work accomplished....and recently bought a Good Sam warranty to further cover the next year....from slides to hydraulic pumps to awning motors to step motors to windshields to shower enclosures to plumbing leaks ...it goes on and on at any time!George
Old 02-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #74

Covers all that FR built or installed.
Buy it or pay! We buy insurance for possibility protection, I pray our home does not burn down. Will I cxl insurance?! No!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #75

We received the second yr free, dealer paid. We bought a 3rd party for 5 years for 900.
Both worth it iMHO.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #76
fx2

The second year is worth every penny at $150. Even if you never need it that's cheap insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 AM   #77

I appreciate this information. We will be purchasing a new TT Cherokee Cascade. I was never given this information, but I was told about a five year warranty for almost forty dollars which would be part of a monthly payment. I will be looking at the extend two year warranty instead.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:32 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl12342 View Post
I appreciate this information. We will be purchasing a new TT Cherokee Cascade. I was never given this information, but I was told about a five year warranty for almost forty dollars which would be part of a monthly payment. I will be looking at the extend two year warranty instead.
get the second year for sure, I know I used every penny of mine. As far as people say it not the same as the first. I never had a problem with getting things done, no matter what my problem was. It is the best investment you could use your money for.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:34 PM   #79

Doe's anybody have the www.rvwarrantyforever.com When we purchased our 2014 FR Sierra 346RET it came with this warranty that covers all the main stuff in the R.V. You have to take it to RV dealer every year to have it inspected at the end of every year. it does cost about $189.00. We also bought a 5 year warranty through SWAN for $2300 that covers things that the warranty forever don't cover like slide out motors, tracks, dealer installed TV's etc. Take it to a dealer without a warranty and expect to fork out thousands!
2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD CC 6.6 Turbo Diesel LTZ 4x4

Days camped in 2014 44
Sierra346 RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #80

Last comment from me on this

I would never judge any person on how to spend their money. If you ferl better about buying aftermarket warranties, do so. It's that simple.

I wii say, you have already spent "thousands" in anticipation of future failures.

A dealer sells a warranty to PROFIT. A warranty company provides a service to PROFIT.

AMBest reviews strengths of insurance companies. Do your due diligence. Make sure your provider is solvent. A bankruptcy by the provider cancels your ability to collect and no one gets refunds. Only the lawyers do well.

Tags
forest river, warranty