Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #281
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywgbear View Post
we're purchasing a Wildwood 407reds park model, haven't been told about the 2nd yr thru forest river only the extended dealer 7 yr warranty for $3400.00. since we're getting the park model going in for inspections isn't really going to happen. I don't have any paperwork on the warranties (final papers to be signed later this week) does anyone have any info on the basic requirements to maintain the warranties? I think it would be simple, no annual inspection no warranty , yes / no?
Not sure if the 2nd year factory warranty is available on park models.
You should call FR or have your dealer check.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Will do thanks
ywgbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #283

Hi Everyone, first post, but love the site. Just purchased a 2016 34 RE. Asked about extended warranty at signing, was offered the 7 year at 3500.00, no mention of the Forest River Ext. warranty. Found this post, check is in the mail for my new RV. Thanks
Topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:48 AM   #284

Thanks for the GREAT info , was just about ready to spend $3200.00 on an extension tomorrow. I will ask them about the forest river extension, if I get no feed back I will copy form , and mail it in with check. Thanks again. Great forum. Bringing home my new Cardinal 3250rl ( mocha Pearl) tomorrow
Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #285

Quote:
The 2nd year is available on Salem Villa Estates per the rep I spoke with at Forest River. They just need the warranty form and a check along with your VIN #.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:27 PM   #286

Service agreement vs warranty

I too bought the FR optional 12 mo extended warranty. Great value. However when I went to the nearest RV Sales and Service Center to where my RV is actually parked for the season, they informed me that they do not like to do work for the extended warranty plan stating "it doesn't cover much really". I see that it actually does but have requested a detailed warranty package since I did not receive one of those when originally purchased. This center did tell me that what I needed since I was parked near them making them the most practical service center was a SERVICE AGREEMENT. This is what costs the $1600 or so for 4-5 years covering basically all moving parts on the trailer. It was explained to me that ,unlike auto dealerships where you can take your Chevy to any Chevy dealer for covered service, RV dealerships differ. They each offer a service agreement contract with a specific RV dealership typically the one where you made your purchase. However if you do get service at another, in our case, FR authorized repair center you can send the bill back to your contracted dealership for a refund if out of pocket costs. Meaning that you pay up front for repair then wait the usual months to get your refund after the service is, if it was, deemed necessary while away from your contracted dealership.
So QUESTION:
1. Am I stupid? Is this for real? Or are they trying to get me to contract service with them for convenience.
2. Has anyone been refused or over-charged for service by dealer from whom you did NOT purchase your unit because of the 12 month FR extended warranty?
3. If not, have you had to pay up front then get reimbursement?

Please advise before I make a $1600 mistake. Thanks!!

Trish and TJ
2017 Grey Wolf 22RR Toy Hauler
2013 H-D Ultra Limited
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
(Yes we are looking at a bigger truck to tow her around. Seasonal campers at the moment)
Teck63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #287
Site Team

The 2nd year FR warranty is the same as the first year factory warranty.
This dealer is trying to sell you a third party warranty that they get a commission on.
Without you naming the dealer, it's hard to comment much more.
Just stating "RV Sales and Service Center", doesn't say much.
I would also contact FR and inform them of what this dealer said.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #288
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teck63 View Post
I too bought the FR optional 12 mo extended warranty. Great value. However when I went to the nearest RV Sales and Service Center to where my RV is actually parked for the season, they informed me that they do not like to do work for the extended warranty plan stating "it doesn't cover much really". I see that it actually does but have requested a detailed warranty package since I did not receive one of those when originally purchased. This center did tell me that what I needed since I was parked near them making them the most practical service center was a SERVICE AGREEMENT. This is what costs the $1600 or so for 4-5 years covering basically all moving parts on the trailer. It was explained to me that ,unlike auto dealerships where you can take your Chevy to any Chevy dealer for covered service, RV dealerships differ. They each offer a service agreement contract with a specific RV dealership typically the one where you made your purchase. However if you do get service at another, in our case, FR authorized repair center you can send the bill back to your contracted dealership for a refund if out of pocket costs. Meaning that you pay up front for repair then wait the usual months to get your refund after the service is, if it was, deemed necessary while away from your contracted dealership.
So QUESTION:
1. Am I stupid? Is this for real? Or are they trying to get me to contract service with them for convenience.
2. Has anyone been refused or over-charged for service by dealer from whom you did NOT purchase your unit because of the 12 month FR extended warranty?
3. If not, have you had to pay up front then get reimbursement?

Please advise before I make a $1600 mistake. Thanks!!

Trish and TJ
2017 Grey Wolf 22RR Toy Hauler
2013 H-D Ultra Limited
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
(Yes we are looking at a bigger truck to tow her around. Seasonal campers at the moment)
Trish and TJ, I suggest that you contact Danielle Beer at Forest River. She handles the Forest River Optional Protection Plan and can give you straight and accurate answers to your questions.

You can reach Danielle at (574) 534-3167.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #289

We have towable

Quote:
what brand and model of RV do you have?

it's not available for some brands and only for towables.
We have a toy hauler travel trailer
Grey Wolf 22RR
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 PM   #290

Thanks. That is great info.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #291

Quote:
The 2nd year FR warranty is the same as the first year factory warranty.
This dealer is trying to sell you a third party warranty that they get a commission on.
Without you naming the dealer, it's hard to comment much more.
Just stating "RV Sales and Service Center", doesn't say much.
I would also contact FR and inform them of what this dealer said.
It was Mound View RV in Belmont, WI
Yes you are right. She came right out to say they make no money on Extended Warranty work. Unfortunately it is the closest one to us for approximately 60 miles.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:38 PM   #292

Hi. Picking up my 179 tomorrow. Yesterday the dealer emailed me all of the extended warranty options. Totals $5570 Cdn. Most cover 6 years.
I won't be getting any of these because of cost and the last minute information.
Will contact FR next week.

Gary & Linda S
Crowsnest Pass, Alberta
2020 RPod 195
Dodge Durango 3.6l AWD
Gary Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #293

Yeah crazy pricing. I hear FR 1 more year of warranty is like 200.00. But you need to get ahold of them .
Good luck with your new toy.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:28 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywgbear View Post
Yeah crazy pricing. I hear FR 1 more year of warranty is like 200.00. But you need to get ahold of them .
Good luck with your new toy.
I just called them last week. They sent me a form, and I mailed it back on Monday, 30 days out from the date of purchase. The cost was 250 for the second year, on my cc cottage. I then decided to self insure after hat, unless I find numerous things in the first year, at which time depending on what they are either buy the route 66, or trade it off. But I've had maybe 1,000 maybe 2K into repairs overall on 3 trailers in 11 years. I can put that away, which would basically be the price of a 6 year warranty, less of course any deductible, so I think I'm better served by a service account, more than an extended warranty that I may, or may not have to fight with the servicer of the contract.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #295

We will be picking up a new Coachmen trailer on Monday. I'll have to ask our sales person about the FR extended warranty. I'm assuming since Coachmen is a part of FR, they offer this?
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 PM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
We will be picking up a new Coachmen trailer on Monday. I'll have to ask our sales person about the FR extended warranty. I'm assuming since Coachmen is a part of FR, they offer this?
I do not believe Coachmen does.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=196
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:59 PM   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Well that's a poke in the eye!!

Is it because Coachmen trailers are so well made??
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #298

Quote:

Youroo! !
Old 12-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #299
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

It's because coachman was purchased by forest river and coachman has a bug in their a&& about it.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:24 PM   #300

Yeah, I think bank it pray and enjoy. If crap happens so be it, at what the dealer wants me to pay no thanks. FR 2nd yr would be worth it for reasonable $$$

Tags
forest river, warranty