Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #81

Our new TT purchase is complete and I sent in to Forest River Inc. the payment/paperwork for the extended warranty. I again thank you for this valuable information.
mcl12342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #82
New FR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl12342 View Post
Our new TT purchase is complete and I sent in to Forest River Inc. the payment/paperwork for the extended warranty. I again thank you for this valuable information.
Happy to help. I just stumbled upon some info on it and did a bit of research. Forrest River is great, the dealers . . . . well, they want to sell aftermarket extended warranties. Had I been offered the extended warranty and a reasonably priced aftermarket warranty, I may have purchased both. I'm very pleased I got Forrest River's extended warranty, and like you thankful to those who posted info on it. Just paying it back.

Semper Paratus
USCG, Disabled
2015 Grey Wolf 17BH
2001 Ford 4x4 F-250 Crew
Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #83

Like a few others, my dealer was a little slow to get me info on the FR extended warranty but I finally got the form from him.

Lo and behold, the price listed is $250 not $150 as everyone has been using here as the cost. This makes what was to be a simple decision, somewhat harder for me.

Is the cost different based on the model of trailer you bought?

[Update: Never mind. I see on a generic form that someone posted that different trailers have different warranty costs.]
Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #84

How can I find out about an extended warranty for FR Sierra I have had for 20 days.

2015 Siera 377FLIK
2014 Ford F350 KR
Maggie the new Chihuahua
Cricket the Chihuahua RIP
Steve & Jojo
stevewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #85

Fr extended warranty

My advice is do it now!! I forgot the number of days after purchase of the rv until nada!!
Like, find out RIGHT NOW!! Do not pass go!! It's a game and you are up my rv friend!!
DO IT TODAY!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:19 AM   #86

To this day my dealer Petes RV in VT denies this warranty exists even after I forwarded the owner emails from FR. So call Rhonda at 574-534-3167 I purchased mine sixty three days after buying the camper also there is a sliding scale from $150-$250.00 she will tell you to be patient as she is swamped but will get it done.
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #87

Well, VT Skier may be LUCKY! Hope this works for you.
My FR Warranty form STATES VERY CLEARLY,
" within 10 days of the purchase of your Recreational Vehicle".
Just say'n!
My copy is signed and dated by FR within 1 week and in my file. Sooner or later, someone will cite the rules to you OR your returned, dated receipt should have a date within the parameters. A BINDING AGREEMENT equals all as stated within the boundaries of the AGREEMENT and signed and dated by both parties. Don't think so? Wait until you NEED IT AND THEY BECOME DIFFICULT.
There is never a problem until a problem develops.
My unit is a 2015 Silverback and is in the shop with gel coat and cap fade issues. I'm covered. Done.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #88

I guess I am lucky.....When I told Rhonda that the dealer never mentioned the warranty and I found out about it here she had NO Problem offering it, emailed the paperwork two days later as again she explained she was swamped sent check and good to go, I think that is outstanding customer service on FR's part.
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #89

Warranty

Yes you are!
That small $$ choice will give you chassis peace of mind for that 2nd year!!

Congrats!!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #90
Longhornfamily

We are going to pick up our new 2015 Wildwood 31 BKIS on Wednesday the 1st. I am curious if our dealer, Funtown in Cleburne, will mention the 2nd year warranty. Anyone have experience with them?
thbcthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #91

Does not matter

IF your dealer does not inform you, ASK. If they play dumb, CALL FR HQ
and have them send you a registration form. Technically you have 10 days, however, if you are on record of non friendly dealer, you should not be penalized for their lack of desire to provide this.
FR has already proven their positive position to be customer friendly. Several posters had dealer issues. Dealers try to sell you like a 10 year warranty for thousands of dollars!
You guess why! 😬
Old 03-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #92
Longhornfamily

Silverback, I will definitely get the 2nd year ext warranty. Just curious if they will mention it. Seems to me the kind of dealer I would like to do business will recommend it. I think it speaks volumes of a dealer who fails to mention it. It tells me the customer is not the priority, but rather MONEY is what they are interested in.
thbcthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:40 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
I guess I am lucky.....When I told Rhonda that the dealer never mentioned the warranty and I found out about it here she had NO Problem offering it, emailed the paperwork two days later as again she explained she was swamped sent check and good to go, I think that is outstanding customer service on FR's part.

Does anyone have any experienced with how long it takes to cash your check and send you acknowledgement of the second year warranty? I sent mine in the second day of ownership, but waiting to see our check cashed. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:26 AM   #94

In response to your question, may I just add that IF any individual is concerned, simply keep a record of the initial call; ie, date, time and verbal commitment. Send a check via tracked mail via US Post Office. I would not be concerned WHEN the check is actually cashed, rather that it was DELIVERED.
In your case, likely they are just bz and will get to it. I would not be overly concerned. You have done as requested and it should show up in 30 days. If not, then follow up with FR.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:34 AM   #95

I have a cider creek and it cost me 250.00 but well worth the extra money. the dealer told me about the extended warranty up front. rv in shop now for a front cap issue .
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:37 AM   #96

I got my dealer to take the 250 off the extended warranty then I put the 250 into the extended warranty for a extra year. Got a five year extended for price of a four.
kingmtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #97

I rarely do this, but I did sent my form/check through certified mail and I did receive the return receipt saying it was delivered. I am sure it is there and it takes time to process. If it were not for this forum and great messages posted by many of you; I would not be aware of this offer. After talking to my dealer, he did give me the form without question, but I had to ask for it. Thank you again for the wealth of information on this board from experience members within this community. Mary
Old 04-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #98

We cancelled the extended warranty on our trailer and asked the dealer about the 2nd yr warranty. Said he had never heard of it but said he called his rep. and will have us sign the 2nd yr warranty form when we do the walk through on the trailer. I had also asked him if he could add that into our loan since the other funds would be going back to the loan company and he said no, that we had to pay for that separately. I would think it could be added in but I am not going to argue with him. So far not happy with this dealership and won't buy from again or refer anyone to them.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #99

yeah springfever....i dont think that you can add it to your loan amount as the second year is directly thru FR. i would also venture to guess that most dealers will not mention the second year warranty due to them not making any money off of it. kind of sad but there in the bussiness of getting as much money out of you as they can.....
MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM   #100

Your dealer is kidding with you about "not knowing" . Zero profit on yr 2 as this is exclusive, non transferrable, coverage to you by FR. The requirement IS: The payment MUST be made to FR. He is correct on that.
Now, get that darn thang and GO!! 😀

Tags
forest river, warranty