Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #1
New FR Owner

Exclamation Forest River Extended Warranty (New Owners Read!)

Okay so my experience seems to mirror that of many new Forest River purchasers; dealer tries to pressure you to purchase a high cost aftermarket warranty ($1,650 in my case) but doesn't mention a word about the $150 Forest River 1-year factory warranty extension!! Thankfully, I did not buy the aftermarket offering, and found this forum. I found a thread about the topic "Forest River Extended Warranty" and it peaked my interest, so I called Forest River. Yes, indeed, they offer new camper purchasers a 1-year factory warranty extension (2-year total) for $150 within the first 10-days of purchase!

If you have just purchased a new Forest River trailer and were not told about a 1-year extension on your factory warranty contact Forest River immediately! As I said, you only have 10-days from purchase to do it! Not every Forest River brand is eligible, and while it seems that most here including me have paid $150, some brands/models could be more. Bottom line, it seems many dealers are trying to make money from high price aftermarket warranty plans and don't bother to mention this very low cost factory warranty extension. Shameful !

Our TT is a Cherokee Grey Wolf. The Grey Wolf Warranty Rep is Marc Vendi, Tel: 260-593-4001 His e-mail is: mvendl@forestriverinc.com Marc was very helpful. After determining I was still inside my 10-day window, he e-mailed me the form to complete and mail back with my $150 check. I'm attaching the form here in hopes it will help other new owners. Owner for 5-days and very satisfied with Forest River's customer service so far!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20130304_115210_00251.pdf (36.1 KB, 1590 views)

Semper Paratus
USCG, Disabled
2015 Grey Wolf 17BH
2001 Ford 4x4 F-250 Crew
Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #2

I ran into this issue when I bought a 2012 V-Cross 275 fiver in February 2012. When I contacted the V-Cross warranty department they told me that the dealers are not required to tell you about the one year warranty extension! Buyer beware. I did get it after the 10 days and it seemed that they were well aware of the issue.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #3

My new camper had a card in the large stack of paperwork they left me in the drawer informing me about it. When I bought my 2012, I didn't get that. I think most of your issues are going to occur in the first 12 months and the appliances likely have a 2 year warranty on them anyway (as my furnace did in the last one) but for $150 it's no sweat.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 PM   #4

You guys should get new dealers. Mine offered a big bells and whistles warranty, but also gave me the forest river extension paperwork pre filled out and highlighted where to send it. The shop makes money doing warranty work either way so it's a win win for the service dept. sounds like there's some real scammers out there.

2015 Nights Camped 32
2014 Nights Camped 21
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
2014 Cherokee 304 BH
Goose killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #5

Agree with goose killer. My dealer never even tried selling me any ext warranty just told me to get the FR ext warranty. I misplaced to card and forgot the 10 days thing but atound the 14th day I contacted FR and they said just send it in and they would still warranty it for me. Just got some of the papers today. Very happy I was able to still get it.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma13 View Post
. My dealer never even tried selling me any ext warranty just told me to get the FR ext warranty. I misplaced to card and forgot the 10 days thing but atound the 14th day I contacted FR and they said just send it in and they would still warranty it for me. Just got some of the papers today. Very happy I was able to still get it .
Mk
Old 07-04-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
Site Team

I was able to pick it up much later than the 10 day period - it was closer to about the 9 month mark.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #8

I had the same experience where the dealer conveniently left the Forest River warranty form out of my paperwork and tried to sell me an expensive 3rd party one. I called FR yesterday and they emailed me the form.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #9

Hi All,
My dealer, Ted's RV Land, Paynesville MN, told me about the factory extended warranty right up front when I bought my '14 Villa Estate 394 FKDS.
Gary
Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
Citrus County, Fl.

Just an FYI about the ten day deadline. I called FR with a question I had about the form asking for VIN AND serial # which the lady stated just needed the VIN. I was getting close to the ten days so wanted to get it in the mail. She advised me they are no longer enforcing the ten day rule.

99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty