Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #1

Forest River Optional 2nd year warranty

Everything I have read on here and anywhere else says this warranty is 150.00, I just purchased a 2017 CEDAR CREEK 38Ck, and the form I received states that is 250.00. Anyone else encountered this? Please let me know what you have paid for this optional 2nd year. Thanks
Ziggyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #2

Some are $250.00. That's correct. It doesn't cover everything the first year warranty covers so read it over first. I still think it's a good deal..
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Depending on the camper you buy some are $150 and others $250. It covers everything the original warranty coves. Good investment and cheap. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
Site Team

Mine covered everything that the first year warranty covered.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Different units... different prices.
That has been discussed here.
And, on some units it is not available.

Mine is an extension of the original one year warranty and covers everything the original warranty does.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #6

Extended Warranty - 2nd year option

We purchased the policy for $150.00

Let me just share. Right outside of our 1st year, the slide motor completely snapped off the underside shaft. Ha! Not a good day when you are fully extended, shaft is out and no motor. That's right, you can't manually crank at this point. We paid for the Travel Charge of $85 and our deductible of $100. In our mind, money well spent.

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #7

This is the first time I have heard of an inexpensive 2nd year warranty. My dealer only offered us an expensive ($Thousands) warranty, which we declined. Now I hear, 6 months later, that they could have offered a much less expensive warranty - but did not. I downloaded the application form, but it states that it must be purchased within 10 days of purchase of the trailer!😲

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:05 PM   #8

The enrollment period has always been "all over the place'! The original Was 10 days! Members have applied Long after that and have been accepted, just try, PS some units 2nd year is only 100.00$,ours covered all issues. 'Bumper to Bumper" same as 1st year! Youroo! !
Old 11-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
This is the first time I have heard of an inexpensive 2nd year warranty. My dealer only offered us an expensive ($Thousands) warranty, which we declined. Now I hear, 6 months later, that they could have offered a much less expensive warranty - but did not. I downloaded the application form, but it states that it must be purchased within 10 days of purchase of the trailer!😲
Actually, they updated that to 90 days now. Although there have been reports of people still getting the coverage after that.

Here's the form with the pricing:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=175
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #10
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Yes, we've had reports that people have got the 2nd year warranty months after purchase and we've hears some say they couldn't get it 30 days after purchase.

I would call FR and explain. Can't hurt.
Let us know what you find out.
*HERE* is their contact page.
Select the division that suits your needs.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Yes it's 90 days and FR will often be more lenient when the dealer behaves like this.

This practice is common as the dealer makes a commission on the 3rd party warranties and not the FR 2nd year warranty.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #12

2nd Year Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The enrollment period has always been "all over the place'! The original Was 10 days! Members have applied Long after that and have been accepted, just try, PS some units 2nd year is only 100.00$,ours covered all issues. 'Bumper to Bumper" same as 1st year! Youroo! !
I've made three calls since reading this:
1. A kind lady at Forest River is checking into the possibility of my purchasing the 2nd year Warranty, even though we are 7 months past the purchase date. She said the deadline is now 6 months. She also discovered that our TT is registered under a misspelled name with them.
2. The second call was to the Business Manager at Campers Inn Pgh - had to leave a message there since he didn't pick up.
3. The third call was to the salesman who sold us the TT. He persisted in repeating (4 times) that the Second Year Warranty was a Forest River offer and they had nothing to do with it and didn't seem to be concerned that the paperwork to buy it was not included in the materials I received in the packet they gave me when I purchased the TT. I just find it interesting that they only offered me a separate (and not affordable to me) warranty for thousands of dollars at the time. He did promise to speak with the Business Manager and have him call me.

Red Green
Old 11-10-2016, 04:24 PM   #13

There was no paperwork in the packet with my cedar Creek when I bought it. I asked the Finance Mgr. about it when we were closing the deal and he stated that was something I would do on my own. I doubt if anyone would tell you about it as they don't make any $$$ off of selling it to you. Aside from that..if they told about it you would want it for free or "Thrown in" on the deal. They make nothing on it and it's just more paperwork. If iwas a dealer..I probably wouldn't mention it either. Dealers only reason to be in business like any other business, is to make money. Nothing else...
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
If iwas a dealer..I probably wouldn't mention it either. Dealers only reason to be in business like any other business, is to make money. Nothing else...
And you know how dealers make money? By making their customers happy so'll they'll continue to come back and spend more money in the future. They'll also tell their friends and families about the great experience they had and how they should go spend their money at that dealership too.

You know how dealers don't make money? By lying to their customers about things or offering to sell them something for thousands of dollars when they can get it somewhere else for literally a fraction of the cost.

It's amazing how many sales people don't realize simple things like this.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #15

Quote:
I've made three calls since reading this:
1. A kind lady at Forest River is checking into the possibility of my purchasing the 2nd year Warranty, even though we are 7 months past the purchase date. She said the deadline is now 6 months. She also discovered that our TT is registered under a misspelled name with them.
2. The second call was to the Business Manager at Campers Inn Pgh - had to leave a message there since he didn't pick up.
3. The third call was to the salesman who sold us the TT. He persisted in repeating (4 times) that the Second Year Warranty was a Forest River offer and they had nothing to do with it and didn't seem to be concerned that the paperwork to buy it was not included in the materials I received in the packet they gave me when I purchased the TT. I just find it interesting that they only offered me a separate (and not affordable to me) warranty for thousands of dollars at the time. He did promise to speak with the Business Manager and have him call me.
While on the subject of paperwork was the "FROG" membership Information in this unit /paperwork? Lots of people who buy F/R units say they know "Nothing about FROG"! Youroo! !
Old 11-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #16

I've only seen it in FR Forum - what is it? Fores River_____ _____?

Red Green
Old 11-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #17

Quote:
I've only seen it in FR Forum - what is it? Fores River_____ _____?
Foresr River Owners Group the Factory Owners Club! Youroo! ! "FROG"

D
Old 11-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #18
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Before you ever buy pick up a brochure on the back it tells ya a 2nd Year warranty is available. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
And you know how dealers make money? By making their customers happy so'll they'll continue to come back and spend more money in the future. They'll also tell their friends and families about the great experience they had and how they should go spend their money at that dealership too.

You know how dealers don't make money? By lying to their customers about things or offering to sell them something for thousands of dollars when they can get it somewhere else for literally a fraction of the cost.

It's amazing how many sales people don't realize simple things like this.
It just seems to me that the Forest River should promote the availability of the 2nd Year Warranty shortly after the purchase is made so that their customers don't have to find out about it by accident. Forest River correctly informed me that they cannot require a dealer to offer the deal AND Campers Inn RV tells me that it is something that is only available through Forest River. Kind of leaves the customer likely to be uninformed.

It is also frustrating that the online form says it must be purchased within 10 days of purchase, one of their employees today told me they had extended it to 6 months, and their Customer Relations Dept. tells me it's 90 days. So, I guess it's 90 days???

Red Green
Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Foresr River Owners Group the Factory Owners Club! Youroo! ! "FROG"

D
How does one obtain membership information?

Red Green

Tags
forest river, warranty