Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Before you ever buy pick up a brochure on the back it tells ya a 2nd Year warranty is available. Later RJD
Unfortunately, when we purchased our TT, I thought that was what the dealership was offering me for $1000's. When we purchased our previous TT, a Wildwood, we received a 2nd Year Warranty as part of the deal, but thought it was a special offer coming from the dealer.

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. . .I guess."
Red Green
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
rockfossilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
I've made three calls since reading this:
1. A kind lady at Forest River is checking into the possibility of my purchasing the 2nd year Warranty, even though we are 7 months past the purchase date. She said the deadline is now 6 months. She also discovered that our TT is registered under a misspelled name with them.
2. The second call was to the Business Manager at Campers Inn Pgh - had to leave a message there since he didn't pick up.
3. The third call was to the salesman who sold us the TT. He persisted in repeating (4 times) that the Second Year Warranty was a Forest River offer and they had nothing to do with it and didn't seem to be concerned that the paperwork to buy it was not included in the materials I received in the packet they gave me when I purchased the TT. I just find it interesting that they only offered me a separate (and not affordable to me) warranty for thousands of dollars at the time. He did promise to speak with the Business Manager and have him call me.
Follow Up: Received a call from FR Customer Relations today, had a long and positive discussion with him. Although he did not offer to allow me to purchase the 2nd Year Warranty, he did assure me that I could call him if something significant came up during the 2nd year of ownership and they would work with me. I have read enough of the Forums to know that, for the most part, Forest River is a reasonable company to deal with.

Red Green
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Depending on the camper you buy some are $150 and others $250. It covers everything the original warranty coves. Good investment and cheap. Later RJD
Well, just found out it doesn't cover everything the 1st year covers... Tried to file a claim on a broken 120vac Outlet, the cover broke but it is integrated into the outlet so I need a new outlet and those are not standard outlets you can buy at Lowes. At least, I have not found them there or at Home Depot. Anyway, the warranty lady emailed me, "The electrical system and its related components are not covered under the OPP." OPP stands for the 2nd Year Optional Protection Plan. Bummer, it actually broke a few months ago when it was still under the 1 year warranty and I took too much time to report it.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:39 PM   #24

I will confirm that my dealings with Forest River - Cedar Creek division have been awesome. Henry Sears at Cedar Creek has been very helpful in resolving issues we had. Now we are just past the second year warranty expiration....time will tell when I open it up for the Spring.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:24 PM   #25

How long does it take for them to send you back something? I sent check and form 3 weeks ago, and check still hasn't been cashed!

Old TV- 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (Hemi)- towing vehicle

DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:22 PM   #26
Sophomore Campers

So this is only available for travel trailers / fifth wheels?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouMan_2000 View Post
There is a List that are covered,not all are covered! Youroo!!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouMan_2000 View Post
Yes, also popups and A-frames and not all FR brands are eligible.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfossilman View Post
This is the first time I have heard of an inexpensive 2nd year warranty. My dealer only offered us an expensive ($Thousands) warranty, which we declined. Now I hear, 6 months later, that they could have offered a much less expensive warranty - but did not. I downloaded the application form, but it states that it must be purchased within 10 days of purchase of the trailer!😲
I bought my 2nd year warranty after 11 mths & have used the heck out of it on my Rockwood Ulta Light that was manufactured by " I Don't Give a Damn About Quality " company. 😡😡
Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoHB View Post
How long does it take for them to send you back something? I sent check and form 3 weeks ago, and check still hasn't been cashed!
It all depends on how busy they are, most are returned it 4-6 weeks, then again some are returned in 2 weeks, no set time. They will send back the form you filled out with a company representatives signature on it.

Oops, I just looked at the posting date, he probably got in back months ago.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #31

Read this whole forum and you will see how inconsistent FR is about this 2nd year warranty offer and how uncaring dealers are about letting you know it is available. I had several warranty items dealt with during first year with our Rockwood 2604ws - we'll have to wait and see if the folks who assured me they would treat us well if something comes up during Year 2, even though they would not let me buy the 2nd year warranty after 6 months. 😕

Red Green
Old 04-25-2017, 11:10 PM   #32

Hi we just signed paper work yesterday on a Rockwood Mini 2509s model, and they also offered us us a warranty in the amount of $2355 to which we also declined, and was wondering when I saw your post what and where did you see that application, since we were not offered a cheaper one either? thank you and hope your enjoying your camper Sincerely Diane
Mailmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #33

I'm signing tomorrow and haven't found anything on their website. Picking up a 2017 Stealth Fs2413. Does anyone know where to check?
Tmoz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #34
Site Team

See post #9
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 AM   #35

Thank you. I had seen that and tried downloading before. It still gives me the same error message of trying to download too fast or something.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #36
Site Team

Try this link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=111231

Post #1
Old 04-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #37

Yes that one worked. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailmantim View Post
Hi we just signed paper work yesterday on a Rockwood Mini 2509s model, and they also offered us us a warranty in the amount of $2355 to which we also declined, and was wondering when I saw your post what and where did you see that application, since we were not offered a cheaper one either? thank you and hope your enjoying your camper Sincerely Diane
Secrets.
Google: Protective Asset Protection Xtra Service Contract Program.

Mine was a cheaper, black hole @$26K:
$2,249.00 take it or leave the trailer! At delivery drive away? But:
A quick call to : 800-323-5771 at just before closing time got a stay of execution. No mention of the OFFICIAL F~R second year extended FULL factory warrantee? IT COORDINATES WITH THE COMPONENT (s) LONGER WARRANTEES: for bout $200.00 /year :. I've read?
The PAP has some road service/tow per-diem in some cases? but with several offers thru them and F~R by consent decree, they must offer one or more . Your's choose the top dog for Max. SRP = profit!
Warning the downloads are long so go with the top gog first: Platinum? premium? Whatever. Then you'll see 0 - 7 year Max. With transferrability or refund of unused. Yearly or multi it must be , uninterrupted to continue.
Ask for: booklet #XR-TT-CB17 (3/17) with the state by state addendums restrictions and remidies. (Use a big thumb drive: before you spend that diamond priced ink? Until you find what you parts you want or need?)

If you have info on the F~R 2nd year extension: please let me/us know , it covers EVERYTHING day one to the end . But F~R is very hesitant to discuss and ref. To dealer who only offers PAP & denies the F~R 2? It may have been settled OofC & sealed?
If so"ask " to read the deal " boilerplate" in the contract: B 4 you sign ✍ affirming you HAVE :read, understood & agree to ALL of it or "they" may cancel; retroactively to day zero even with claims in progress.
The actual is one + 5 pages, bring magnification & make copies asap.

Be well be safe and read carefully. 👀 ✍

There's help here, YouTube and the owners manual 1-800 s for each component, if you have a big enough thumb drive or mail box, many are friendly. {Many does not mean ALL?}

SYOTOS.

👀⏳🕖🎺♻?
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #39

Of course the dealer is not going to tell you about the 2nd year warranty from FR, there is no money to be made from it. The dealer has probably told you nothing about the free 1st year road service you get from Coachnet, you can purchase it annually after the 1st year if you want to continue it with them. You can download the warranty form by going to the search box just under the Coachman logo at the top of the forum page and just put in "warranty form". Actually there should be a form included with the appliance and RV manuals. Do a thorough PDI (pre delivery inspection) and if you find anything minor or major do not pay them for the RV and/or remove it from their property until the issue is resolved. Once they have your money and you leave there is no incentive to get anything fixed in a reasonable time frame. They won't remember who you are.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
Of course the dealer is not going to tell you about the 2nd year warranty from FR, there is no money to be made from it. The dealer has probably told you nothing about the free 1st year road service you get from Coachnet, you can purchase it annually after the 1st year if you want to continue it with them. You can download the warranty form by going to the search box just under the Coachman logo at the top of the forum page and just put in "warranty form". Actually there should be a form included with the appliance and RV manuals. Do a thorough PDI (pre delivery inspection) and if you find anything minor or major do not pay them for the RV and/or remove it from their property until the issue is resolved. Once they have your money and you leave there is no incentive to get anything fixed in a reasonable time frame. They won't remember who you are.
God bless you for your wisdom that I failed to use when all about me and mine felt WRONG and was; but we trusted who should not be personalized or blindly trusted as we all wish it could be: but BUSSINESS first and BUSSINESS​ second and final!
I must really look old and gullible. I feel for the person I. May meet who may be the last honest, decent person just trying to care for their family will, pay for the few who aren't! I hope o can restrain the desire for revenge that cannot be realised only may harm!

Read this people he IS actually the way it should work: Money for product and service for money. Tips are: TO INSURE. PROPER SERVICE? Never an added price to pay.
We thought about the arithmetic and the elusiveness of a "discount/deal" that we only saw the SHORT sighted view.
We should all start over the horizon and work backwards to the money : last.

Thanks again for a lesson late learned and thousands of limited income dollars , rescued by: BooBoo23!

🔝. 😨😓😷💀?
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty