Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
"Don't Tread on Me"

Look at the earlier posts in this forum. The contacts and numbers are there. Good luck!
Rockwood Roo 235S
2002 F-250 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke Powerhouse
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
Oklahoma Proud

I guess we got lucky, our dealer showed us a build sheet of a unit that we toured that was sold and it had the 2nd year on it. He said that he would include it in our deal too. No extra charge from the deal we made.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #23

I have a question. Is what's covered in the additional year worth the even be it small price. My dealer stated much of what the second year warranty covers is just double coverage. Example the refrig, stove, AC, etc already have a two or longer year warranty from the manufacturer of the component manufacturer so the additional warranty from forest river does not really cover much. Anyone have any information on this? Is the second year warranty limited to certain components? Information please. Thanks JT
Jtant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
Oklahoma Proud

I don't know if its worth it or not, but we didnt pay any extra for it, we got an additional 5 year warranty too. If nothing else it may help if we sell it in a couple years, since the xtented warranty is transferable.

From what I understand, 2nd year is hitch to bumper just like the first year.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #25

I'm glad things worked out for sgtsdj. I am in the same position. I bought a new Salem Cruise on November 2nd and my dealer said nothing about this warranty. He also tried to get me to buy an expensive extended warranty. I read everything in my manual package as well as my contract/loan info cover to cover when I got it home and just reviewed it again and I see nothing about this 2nd year coverage. Does anyone have contact info for the Salem Cruise division?
Gregg Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsdj View Post
Great news Mr. Fought came thru for me. Just purchased my 2nd year warranty over the phone! Thanks to everyone for your input and help. Special thanks to Dave & Monica for help with getting me in touch with Mr. Fought. My faith is restored in FR.
I brought my Salem in early September 2011. Found out about the the 2nd year warranty here around March 2012. When I called and spoke to Josh(?) he mentioned the 10 day window of getting it but said it wasn't available on Salem units. Josh also mentioned that dealers were not required to inform customers about it.

After some time passed someone posted that he got it on his Salem and he gave me his contact person. I called and was able to add it on in May 2012 which was about 8 months after I brought my TT.

I don't know if things have changed and FR is now sticking more with the 10 day period or if it more likely that it makes a difference who you speak with.

Glad things worked out for you.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtant View Post
I have a question. Is what's covered in the additional year worth the even be it small price. My dealer stated much of what the second year warranty covers is just double coverage. Example the refrig, stove, AC, etc already have a two or longer year warranty from the manufacturer of the component manufacturer so the additional warranty from forest river does not really cover much. Anyone have any information on this? Is the second year warranty limited to certain components? Information please. Thanks JT
Price a side wall replacement,or a roof this will answer your question! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #28

Follow up

Called Forestriver
First rep said No 10 days after purchase !!!
2nd Rep no problem no and real pleasant !!

So I guess depends who you speak with And what department !!
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullingpete View Post
Follow up

Called Forestriver
First rep said No 10 days after purchase !!!
2nd Rep no problem no and real pleasant !!

So I guess depends who you speak with And what department !!
Based on my own experience the point of contact can make a difference in the answer.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
"Don't Tread on Me"

I'm glad you had good luck like I did. I only got it because of the help of the Forum members. One good turn deserves another. Pass it on.
Rockwood Roo 235S
2002 F-250 7.3 Diesel Powerstroke Powerhouse
Chipped, Bank's Exhaus
t - "Bad to the Bone"
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Price a side wall replacement,or a roof this will answer your question! Youroo!!
Looked over the warranty and I think it is worth the price but I don't think it covers a side wall replacement but it does mention the roof membrane, slide out mechanism, and a few other items that makes me want it. Thanks for the replies. JT
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I don't know if its worth it or not, but we didnt pay any extra for it, we got an additional 5 year warranty too. If nothing else it may help if we sell it in a couple years, since the xtented warranty is transferable.

From what I understand, 2nd year is hitch to bumper just like the first year.
The application I am looking at does not appear to be hitch to bumper. There is a list of specific items but it does appear to be worth the money. Thanks for the replies. JT
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #33
Oklahoma Proud

I have heard on this forum of others having side walls replaced after the first year under warranty. Read some of the delamination threads, they have more info. As the the 2nd year- should be the same as first year. Of course aftermarket warranty wont cover as much. We have the xtra ride and many have had excellent results with them.
Happy camping!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #34
Oklahoma Proud

ok, been looking on internet for more info on 2nd year, cant find much on hard facts, but i have seen mention that 2nd year coverage is different than first year, but nothing that i can find from Fr saying such- may just have to ask the dealer!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
ok, been looking on internet for more info on 2nd year, cant find much on hard facts, but i have seen mention that 2nd year coverage is different than first year, but nothing that i can find from Fr saying such- may just have to ask the dealer!
Don't know if this is still accurate but this is what I am basing my info on http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cky-12344.html JT
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtant View Post
Looked over the warranty and I think it is worth the price but I don't think it covers a side wall replacement but it does mention the roof membrane, slide out mechanism, and a few other items that makes me want it. Thanks for the replies. JT
I personally know (4) Flagstaff-Rockwood owners who had (Complete Wall Sides)replaced at the Factory! This was done under the (2nd) year coverage, (The 150.$ deal). Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote