Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
they love that money

Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
How do you know if there is a claim they won't look back and say, "Wait a minute, ten days was up"?
from the day in which they cash your check
all should be in force

Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Just a note to those having problems with tire tread separation on their OEM tires, it would appear that the extended warranty covers defective tires also.

bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
I called the Flagstaff/Rockwood plant on Friday to check on the build schedule of my new fiver. Spoke with Brett who told me that the whole plant is shut down for vacation this week. So that would explain not being able to get ahold of most people. But like many have said I don't think there would be an issue with the 10 days. I plan on using this form provided by Herk to send in mine, so many have and it has not been an issue. JMHO
2005 Chevy 2500HD
2013 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
4bnabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
Site Team
I brought my tt in Sept and got the 2nd year warranty in May. When I first called in March I was told that it wasn't offered on my TT as well as being past the 10 day period. Then someone here posted that they got it on their Salem so I called back & spoke with someone else that took care of it without any problem.

Btw - FR told me that dealers are not required to inform customers about the second year warranty. And its my experience that some dealers will play dumb when asked about it.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #15
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
OKAY,now you got my attention! However in viewing the link provided it does not appear to cover all of those under the Forest River umbrella.I suppose the only way I would get that info. for myself would be through Primetime RV?That is not a rhetorical question.
FR does not offer the 2nd year warranty on their newer acquisitions, like PT, Coachmen, Shasta, Viking.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
FR does not offer the 2nd year warranty on their newer acquisitions, like PT, Coachmen, Shasta, Viking.
Thank you.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
But you must ask, because they gave it to me on the V-Cross 275 and they are not listed on the form. I spoke to the V-Cross warranty person and they gave me the linc to the form and I sent it to FR with a check for $150, they signed it and sent it back to me. They also told me that the dealers are not required to tell you! They try to sell you a extended warranty/service contract were they receive about 50% of the cost as a commission.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Call Rhonda at 1-574-534-3167 and she will do it over the phone and charge your Visa. Then she will send you a signed extended warranty form..EASY............

Just did it. You're right, very easy and quick. Thanks to all for the help, I'm now good for another year. There are very few extended warranties I ever buy but this one is too good to pass up.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #19
I picked up my 5er last week and already had an issue, I called the dealer who couldn't help for a few weeks but then a shot in the dark, I called Forest River, subsequently they got me to the service manager (awesome guy) who had me bring my 5er in the next morning (I was traveling through Indiana anyway) and fixed everything but that's for another post.

My point is, I asked their service guys at THEIR facility and his words regarding whether or not the second service year is worth it was ........."You'd be utterly stupid not to get it as it extends the same coverages as your original one year warranty for a small price"

As what I had repaired on my 4 day old trailer if it were out of warranty between fridge, microwave, Television and converter would run me about 3 grand in parts alone without even getting into the labor.

I haven't got mine yet but plan on it VERY soon

P.S. If you are in or near Indiana, and you have issues that would be covered by warranty, I would highly suggest if you cant find any help, call the Forest River number on the back of your owners manual, they will connect you to the warranty advisor for your unit. In my instance he called me back after I told him the issues within 5 minutes with the FR service manager in the room who talked me through some trouble shooting and then decided since I was headed through his area to bring me in first thing in the morning. This is the place the dealers send the rigs they don't know how to fix or didn't fix right. Never hurts to try but they accommodated me with time and had all the parts and appliances needed on hand for a total of about 4 hours from start to finish
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SRW w/FX4
2013 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #20
Love My Sunseeker
I bought my Sunseeker 6 months ago, I'm going to see if I can get it on my Sunseeker.

JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

rockwood, warranty