Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

frustrated trying to purchase 2nd year warranty

I just handed over the money for a new Rockwood 2604 but have yet to take delivery. In reading the different forums I came across a thread regarding purchasing a 2nd year warranty from Forest River. Of course, now I can't find it anywhere so I'm posting a new thread in hopes that someone can help me.

I called my dealer regarding the warranty who of course denies knowledge and instead offered me their extended warranty. I then called Forest River directly last week and again today and was sent to a Mike Englemeyer (sp?) who's voicemail told me he was out of the office until July 9 and please leave a message.

In the original thread there was a reference to a 10 day time frame from the date of purchase to get this 2nd year warranty. If this is true, then waiting until July 9 will put me past this limit.

Does anyone have any words of wisdon on whether the 10 day rule is ironclad or if there's some wiggle room?

I will greatly appreciate any help or guidance.
Pbascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #2

I applied for the extra year warranty extension well beyond the 10 day limit and they accepted it with no questions. This should be a link to the form thanks to HERK.

http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #3

I put my check and the warranty form in the mail and sent it before the 10 days was up
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 CC Outdoorsman
PrairieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
camping

sounds about typical for the dealer not to know about it .
I got mine about 3 months after I purchased the camper. when I get home I will PM you the contact info for the Rockwood/Flagstaff warranty manager.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

I been meaning to find out what the deal is as well.....my dealer didn't even bother to offer me ANY type of extended warranty be it theirs , forest rivers, or otherwise?.....i haven't even got to take this camper out of the shop driveway yet!....wonder if getting that second year is still an option?....its been a little over 3 weeks since i picked it up...hmmmmm
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuertz View Post
I applied for the extra year warranty extension well beyond the 10 day limit and they accepted it with no questions. This should be a link to the form thanks to HERK.

http://www.disruptiveweb.com/images/warranty_addon.pdf
So did you just fill out the form and mail it to them with a check? How do you know if there is a claim they won't look back and say, "Wait a minute, ten days was up"? Just asking because I'd like in on this too.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #7

I didn't find out about the 2 year warranty until 6 weeks after buying our TT. I talked to Mike at Forest River who sent me the form. I filled it out, sent it back with my check and got the approved form back. I would print out the form Herk has placed on the forum and send it in with my payment. I don't think the 10 day time is enforced.
roanmountaincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
So did you just fill out the form and mail it to them with a check? How do you know if there is a claim they won't look back and say, "Wait a minute, ten days was up"? Just asking because I'd like in on this too.
they send you back a signed copy

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #9

Call Rhonda at 1-574-534-3167 and she will do it over the phone and charge your Visa. Then she will send you a signed extended warranty form..EASY............
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #10

OKAY,now you got my attention! However in viewing the link provided it does not appear to cover all of those under the Forest River umbrella.I suppose the only way I would get that info. for myself would be through Primetime RV?That is not a rhetorical question.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #11

they love that money

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
How do you know if there is a claim they won't look back and say, "Wait a minute, ten days was up"?
from the day in which they cash your check
all should be in force

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #12

Just a note to those having problems with tire tread separation on their OEM tires, it would appear that the extended warranty covers defective tires also.
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #13

I called the Flagstaff/Rockwood plant on Friday to check on the build schedule of my new fiver. Spoke with Brett who told me that the whole plant is shut down for vacation this week. So that would explain not being able to get ahold of most people. But like many have said I don't think there would be an issue with the 10 days. I plan on using this form provided by Herk to send in mine, so many have and it has not been an issue. JMHO
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #14
Site Team

I brought my tt in Sept and got the 2nd year warranty in May. When I first called in March I was told that it wasn't offered on my TT as well as being past the 10 day period. Then someone here posted that they got it on their Salem so I called back & spoke with someone else that took care of it without any problem.

Btw - FR told me that dealers are not required to inform customers about the second year warranty. And its my experience that some dealers will play dumb when asked about it.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
OKAY,now you got my attention! However in viewing the link provided it does not appear to cover all of those under the Forest River umbrella.I suppose the only way I would get that info. for myself would be through Primetime RV?That is not a rhetorical question.
FR does not offer the 2nd year warranty on their newer acquisitions, like PT, Coachmen, Shasta, Viking.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
FR does not offer the 2nd year warranty on their newer acquisitions, like PT, Coachmen, Shasta, Viking.
Thank you.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #17

But you must ask, because they gave it to me on the V-Cross 275 and they are not listed on the form. I spoke to the V-Cross warranty person and they gave me the linc to the form and I sent it to FR with a check for $150, they signed it and sent it back to me. They also told me that the dealers are not required to tell you! They try to sell you a extended warranty/service contract were they receive about 50% of the cost as a commission.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Call Rhonda at 1-574-534-3167 and she will do it over the phone and charge your Visa. Then she will send you a signed extended warranty form..EASY............

Just did it. You're right, very easy and quick. Thanks to all for the help, I'm now good for another year. There are very few extended warranties I ever buy but this one is too good to pass up.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #19

I picked up my 5er last week and already had an issue, I called the dealer who couldn't help for a few weeks but then a shot in the dark, I called Forest River, subsequently they got me to the service manager (awesome guy) who had me bring my 5er in the next morning (I was traveling through Indiana anyway) and fixed everything but that's for another post.

My point is, I asked their service guys at THEIR facility and his words regarding whether or not the second service year is worth it was ........."You'd be utterly stupid not to get it as it extends the same coverages as your original one year warranty for a small price"

As what I had repaired on my 4 day old trailer if it were out of warranty between fridge, microwave, Television and converter would run me about 3 grand in parts alone without even getting into the labor.

I haven't got mine yet but plan on it VERY soon

P.S. If you are in or near Indiana, and you have issues that would be covered by warranty, I would highly suggest if you cant find any help, call the Forest River number on the back of your owners manual, they will connect you to the warranty advisor for your unit. In my instance he called me back after I told him the issues within 5 minutes with the FR service manager in the room who talked me through some trouble shooting and then decided since I was headed through his area to bring me in first thing in the morning. This is the place the dealers send the rigs they don't know how to fix or didn't fix right. Never hurts to try but they accommodated me with time and had all the parts and appliances needed on hand for a total of about 4 hours from start to finish
Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #20
Love My Sunseeker

I bought my Sunseeker 6 months ago, I'm going to see if I can get it on my Sunseeker.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, warranty