Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #31
Somewhere you guys have confused the fact that you are comparing a 2000i Honda to a 4000 Champion. Apple to Apples would be the 2000i Champion (73531i)...but this discussion was never about inverter vs. non-inverter. I 100% agree that an inverter generator is the way to go. Since this discussion was started about a 4K Champion, you'd need to compare it to a similar model Honda...again, both putting out dirty power, both louder than an inverter, the only difference is the 10X cost difference for the Honda.

Also, I'd be quite upset camping next to any of you that feel the need to run your generator all day (even if it is an inverter). IMO, the generator should be ran as minimally as are CAMPING, right??? Since when did the generator become part of the essential camping gear list?

caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #32
Well after much research and pricing and watching videos of generators running wide open, and actually having to camp next to a industrial type generator for a weekend at Dega two years ago, I plunked down $1,929 for the Honda 2000 & it's companion. Yes, it's a pile of money. However I think the quality of a Honda outweighs the others. I believe I'll save money on reduced gas consumption over time. I believe I'll extend the life of my electronics and appliances. I believe the sheer convenience of being able to use one genny when the A/C isn't needed in the cooler months is pretty nice. But the main reason I went with the quieter Honda is because I don't want to be "That !@#$%&*? in the next campsite over". For those of you who have camped at a NASCAR race and have heard the campground come to life about 7:00am, you know what I mean.

Speaking of NASCAR, I'll be seeing some of you at Dega next weekend. We'll be in Winners Walk I with #4, #5, #14, & #99 flags flying proudly.

grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote