Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kf4mnc View Post
Someone mentioned PayPal, but I despise their "delay" in transferring funds, and the fees they often charge.

You might be interested in a similar product called "Green Dot". It is a visa card that you pre-load with money using cash. You can load it at certain stores or over the phone.

You can withdraw cash from ATMs or run it as a credit card.

There are fees associated with it, but it has been a while since I have looked into them. Here is a link https://www.greendot.com/greendot

That said, I would just carry a regular credit card or debit card. To me it is not worth the hassle of having to load money from one account to another and track it. Either way you still have to have a "regular" account to load it up be it paypal or green dot or whatever.
If I have any problems PayPal will research same with our CC. I am also a heavy internet shopper and I have several Website businesses so I am a big fan of PayPal, 13 yrs. PayPal's fees looks cheaper to me when they take it out right then and there. The lag time was why I funneled money into it over several months before our VaCa.
mkford1953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel