Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 09:35 AM   #1

Good Camping Stores in Colorado???

What is your favorite RV Camping Business/Store on the Colorado Front Range?

I am in search of an alternative.....to any of the Camping World Stores.

PS. Nothing Political about this question. Simply looking for a great business in Colorado.
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #2

Walmart?
AV8RJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #3

We use Steve Casey's Four Seasons RV just off I-70 at the 32nd Avenue exit (Exit 264). The address is 4100 Youngfield in Wheat Ridge and the phone number is (303) 422-2001. It was the Camping World location before CW moved to West Colfax Avenue in Golden. There is also a Four Seasons in Loveland. In addition, I get lots of E-mails from Lazydays RV, which now has stores in Loveland (aqctually Johnstown), Longmont, and Aurora. Their big store is the one on I-25 in Johnstown/Loveland,

The Four Seasons store has many of the same items you would find at Camping World and they also have a thick annual catalog that you can use to order anything you would ever need. We had two Maxx-Air fans replaced and our refrigerator repaired under warranty and they only had the trailer for 3 days, in case you need any maintenance or repairs.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
Grammar Pedant

Lazydays in Johnstown/Loveland is massive. Before going up, I sent an email asking for the specific trailer I was interested in and my purchase timing. I got back a form email asking for the specific trailer I was interested in and the timing of my purchase. Ugh. As always, if you're too busy to read/answer email, then that's perfectly fine -- just post a phone number and delete the online forms/email addresses. But, if you invite the email, then I expect that you'll actually spend 45 seconds to read the 3-sentence email I send.

I was up there a few weeks ago just kicking tires. Crazy amounts of inventory and they were pretty busy. I was on the lot for a little over an hour walking through various RVs, massive 5ers, and crazy motorhomes. Never spoke to a salesman ... not a single employee ever said as much as, "Hi" to me. I actually really liked it, because I just wanted to be left alone to browse. But, it was an odd feeling.

I eventually asked the information desk where the Flagstaff trailers were, because I had missed them. Nobody had a clue. The front desk lady had no idea and two salesmen who walked by looked like they had never heard of the brand before. Fortunately, another customer overheard me and gave me directions.

I'm sure it is a fine dealership. I didn't have a bad experience there. It was just odd. From my email to my onsite experience, it just seemed that they were too big to properly manage the customer load. Probably not a big deal if you are buying a $250K motorhome or a $120K 5er. Not sure how I'd feel about buying a $20k trailer from them, though.

The camping "store" was just a makeshift collection in the middle of the dealership's massive warehouse (boasted as the largest indoor showroom in the US). The "walls" of the store appeared to just be boxes of inventory. I didn't walk through it, so couldn't tell you about selection or prices.

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM   #5

I'm glad to hear about Four Seasons. We purchased from Nolan's and had a great experience. However our experience with their service department, the one time we took it in, was poor. We definitely won't return there if any work beyond what we can do ourselves is ever needed!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #6
Grammar Pedant

Glad you had a good experience, but Nolan's is closing shop ... so, you won't have to every worry about returning there for service or anything else. ;-)

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #7

I'm not real surprised based on how the lot looked the last time we passed by there. Kinda sad though. I went to high school with one of the Nolan boys. In other words, it's been around a LONG time!!!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping