Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #1

Good Sam gas

I just got a new Good Sam membership that can be swiped at the pump at Pilot/Flying J for fuel discounts. Just wondered how it works. Do you swipe the card just to get the discount price at the pump and then swipe a credit or debit card to actually pay for the gas?

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2

Typically you swipe the credit/debit card and the readout will ask you to swipe your discount card. After the swipe and remove nozzle the pump you use will show 2 cents less per gallon. This is how it works at Flying J/Pilot stations using their free discount cards. I'm thinking GS would be the same.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #3

Depends on the card. There are two types - one does a discount (3% or so) the RV card is a credit card for 5-10% (depends on where you are). The problem being, since GS has gotten the discount, the price at FJ/P has gone up beyond what it should be (duh). Most places can be found using gas buddy app will get you significantly less than FJ/P prices.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Engineer of Crazy Train

I use the Good Sam RV card. This one is basically a Net 30 card, where you have to pay it off every month. I may pay a few cents more even with the discount, but fueling up 15 gallons and having a full service place there, with easy in and out, is worth it.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #5

I have the RV credit card from FlyingJ/Polit, Good Sam membership required. It provides an 8 cent discount per gallon of diesel and I have use it and it provides the discount at the pump. My experience has been even with the 8 cent discount their diesel in at least 25 cents more then I can find on GasBuddy app via cell phone near by. I almost never use the card for that reason. I know that some of you use it because of the easy in and out at the FlyingJ/Polit. I am to cheap for that.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, good sam