Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #21

I would deal with anyone before I ever dealt with Progressive. Zero integrity. The worst insurance company ever.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:57 AM   #22

I believe GS has several insurance underwriters. I'd suggest it is worth your time and effort to find out who the underwriter is and check on their claims service. The first one offered had very low customer satisfaction reports. GS then offered up Allied, which is Nationwide. They appeared to have significantly better reports and were lower in price. I can't vouch, as I have not had any claims as of yet.
Randy-2198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:41 PM   #23
Cutty

I started to fill out the info sheet online. Quit in the middle because of the questions asked and 5 seconds later got a phone call about insurance. Told them it want a good time, they said when would be good and the next day got another phone call with all kinds of questions and then ask about every member of the household and how old and all kinds of personal stuff. I tried to hang up and thought I was talking to a telemarketer. Had to hang up on them. Now they might have better prices but they never got that far. Called my State Farm agent that covers my cars and they had great prices for my camper and cars so I went with them. Darn Good Sam telemarketer insurance agent tactics didn't work for me. Hope the rest of Good Sam isn't the same. Good luck.
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #24

When I brought my new class C in Jan, I called USAA to get my insurance and they told me that they no longer insure motorhomes,( they insured my older one) they now refer you to their partner Progressive. I started to talk to the telphone agent and she was in fog about motorhomes, so I ending up getting Good Sam Insurance and low and behold it was Progressive, but this time the agent knew what he was talking about.
radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #25
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman View Post
When I brought my new class C in Jan, I called USAA to get my insurance and they told me that they no longer insure motorhomes,( they insured my older one) they now refer you to their partner Progressive. I started to talk to the telphone agent and she was in fog about motorhomes, so I ending up getting Good Sam Insurance and low and behold it was Progressive, but this time the agent knew what he was talking about.
I went to GS insurance, have not needed it so I am not sure how to rate them....
But we had Nationwide for years until they said they no longer wanted to insure our trailer.. Never had a claim, did not get a new trailer... They just up and said yet, were are raising your rates very high for no reason (to get us to move on).

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #26

Have and had State Farm ~~ my vehicles are insured with State Farm. Found SF competitive in Price on my boat but the coverage was less. SF will not cover my home as it is "too close to the ocean" for them. Good Sam on the 5er through Allied. Have a personal problem with Progressive (a Soros company). Sad as SF had ALL my business at one time and still has my vehicle insurance ~~ nearly 52 years straight, no lapse.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I would deal with anyone before I ever dealt with Progressive. Zero integrity. The worst insurance company ever.

On that we agree!!!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
You have to carry separate coverage on the rv itself to have it covered when it is not hooked to your vehicle.

We have a full replacement coverage policy through State Farm with a $250 deductible on our 2014 Crusader fifth wheel for $560 per year - well worth it but hope we never have a claim 😉
I just got off the phone with State Farm and they want $1474 a year for coverage.

Help. Where do I go to get a good rate.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:03 PM   #29
Who Dares, Wins

Start calling around.. Good Sam, progressive, geico.. Rates will vary depending on your location and level of coverage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Start calling around.. Good Sam, progressive, geico.. Rates will vary depending on your location and level of coverage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Progressive was $550\year
Great coverage.
360 degree Virtual Tour
Old 02-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #31
Cutty

Just got covered through Good Sam's Club and got great rates. Online experience was awful so Call the number listed on the sight or call Eric Wiederman direct he was our agent @ 216-912-4460 he was not pushy and very helpful. Under $328 a year w/$500 deductibles. $100 less than State Farm and better coverage.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #32

$373 with Progressive on a new '16 Prism. I originally tried to contact them via phone but the wait was so long I gave up. Called USAA (they no longer insure MH but refer to their partner, Progressive) and immediately got excellent and helpful service.
I'll continue to use USAA as my first call or 'go to' portal as I've seen a couple of uncomplimentary things about Progressive on the site. Thanks.
Byron in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #33

What kind of coverage do they offer? When I was looking I almost went with Safeco cause they were cheap. Upon further examination I learned that their coverage was not the same. There was no property or replacement coverage. Still looking at Good Sam (Allied/Nationwide) versus Progressive. Right now they are about the same price but progressive offers a longer replacement option. Don't know how good the Good Sam is because in the two years I had it I had no claim (Thankfully!!) So I do not know how they treat you.
FRRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
I just got off the phone with State Farm and they want $1474 a year for coverage.

Help. Where do I go to get a good rate.

With SF I'm at 248 per yr 1000 deductible . since i have never had any claims , house, auto , bike etc i see no reason to pay more for a lower deductible . it's there just in case of a catastrophe
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #35

I am leaving Saturday so I have not had a lot of time to shop around.

It seems State Farm does not want any new RV business.

Progressive has great coverage including travel expense if you break down, and $3000 or more coverage of anything inside. You get to customize your coverage. The best coverage is if it were totaled. I chose for full replacement. One can also suspend coverage for on the road if it is in storage for long lengths of time to save even more money. That is an option that was also very attractive.

Pushed for time to get coverage. I did not realize there would be so much variation in coverage and that State Farm obviously does not want any new RV business.

P.S. State Farm also will not cover my TV stating that they consider it a commercial vehicle and will not cover it.
360 degree Virtual Tour
Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM   #36
Cutty

they offer full replacement. and low deductibles and a bunch of great options to many to list just call and ask Eric he was very helpful and not pushy. discounts also for safe driver GSC members ext.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #37
Cutty

good sams offers other stuff and gives more discounts for the more you have for equipment coverage and tow vehicle coverage at competitive rates.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
I am leaving Saturday so I have not had a lot of time to shop around.

It seems State Farm does not want any new RV business.

Progressive has great coverage including travel expense if you break down, and $3000 or more coverage of anything inside. You get to customize your coverage. The best coverage is if it were totaled. I chose for full replacement. One can also suspend coverage for on the road if it is in storage for long lengths of time to save even more money. That is an option that was also very attractive.

Pushed for time to get coverage. I did not realize there would be so much variation in coverage and that State Farm obviously does not want any new RV business.

P.S. State Farm also will not cover my TV stating that they consider it a commercial vehicle and will not cover it.
You must have a different state farm then i do as mine was happy to insure my TH and TV and have just renewed for another yr . cost is better then any others i have found and coverage is just what i needed .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #39

State Farm was falling all over themselves trying to get my business. I'm financing through them, and the insurance quote was less than $500 per year.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #40

I was shopping for insurance last week for the 2016 Heritage Glen 272RL I am getting later this month. When to Good Sam, rep gave me a quote 348/year, 1000 deductible, asked her to e-mail the quote/coverage details which never happened.

Went to State Farm, as I have my rental property and truck(tow vehicle) insured with them. $180/year, 500 ded; $220, 250 ded; $250, 100 ded. I was somewhat surprised with the quote, and questioned the gal. She went on to explain why, and it was related the coverage on my truck which will be towing the trailer. Anyway, I am going with the $250/$100 deductible.

Tags
good sam, insurance